Page 69 of 74 FirstFirst ... 59 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1473

Thread: Softball Program

VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Softball Program

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    What?
    Every facility on the UL Athletic campus was built with donations from the community. What is your point?

I donated a few bucks to several different programs, including softball, for specific things they wanted or needed. So do several hundred other people. Just because some softball coach asked for donations, it doesn't mean that all donations came from people who are softball fans.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Softball Program

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Just like Lotief's cancer, the success of our softball program, WCWS rating, our jealousy, liberalism, and whether or not we played sports, it doesn't mean squat. Just another deflection....look forward to seeing how many more they come up with, it's getting kind of fun now.
    Have you no compassion?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Have you no compassion?
    My point was none of it has anything to do with his actions that got him fired.

Born, raised & currently reside in Lafayette

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Every facility on the UL Athletic campus was built with donations from the community. What is your point?

I donated a few bucks to several different programs, including softball, for specific things they wanted or needed. So do several hundred other people. Just because some softball coach asked for donations, it doesn't mean that all donations came from people who are softball fans.
    There was no point. I just didn't understand the gist of what he was saying in his post. That's all. Somebody had asked where the funds came from to build the indoor hitting facility and I said that the funds were raised from the community which includes people from all walks, not just softball fans.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    My point was none of it has anything to do with his actions that got him fired.
    Ok, I thought you were saying he was using cancer as a diversionary tactic.

I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alum77 View Post
    Maybe some here should google Title 9 including retaliation issues and results at multiple Fresno St programs ,Quinnipiac and Midland.If you haven't served on committees with university AD's and read what happened or is happening at the places I referenced you may not fully informed about how serious this could become.It often is in all parties best interest in these matters to at least try to mediate disagreements early and often so all can move on.
    I Googled these cases... and there's no comparison to UL. These programs were legitimately neglected. Our softball program is not the least bit neglected. I would have to think that Michael Lotief has WAY more egregious claims than what he put forward in his public statements. If you know that he does... then UL could be in for a battle. If what we've heard so far from Lotief and his athletes are anywhere close to the Title IX "violations" they may bring forth... Lotief has no case whatsoever.

And in fact, he is the one that looks to be retaliating. You can be an inside softball program supporter and long friend of the Lotief's... and listen to his coaching "tactics"... and perhaps excuse him... for all of his other great attributes. But no independent group is going to take the testimony of former athletes and buy that this is strictly a Title IX retaliatory move on UL's part. UL will willingly hire a women coach... former softball athlete... that vehemently supports Title IX equity... and Lotief's case will fold like a cheap suit.

His tactics are going to doom him. If they had never seen the light of day... he could still be in the AD's office threatening Title IX. But his tactics have seen the light of day. And keep things straight... Lotief's being terminated... and the Title IX issues... were wound together by Lotief... not this forum.

And to add to the unfortunate fate of Michael... he cannot point the finger... and neither can his stellar athletes... and say that it was "the weakest female athletes that couldn't deal with his ways" and win the case. No panel agrees that his winning trumped treating young women with dignity and respect. If you find some panel that does... please let me know who they are. I know some powerful women that would like a word with them.

I can tell you one thing that I think is in Michael Lotief's best interest as a human being. Admittedly, it's not in the best interest of a disgruntled ex coach seeking vengeance. He needs to apologize to the young women that reported him. That's the only bridge I don't hear anyone talking about. But it's the only one that actually matters in all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I Googled these cases... and there's no comparison to UL. These programs were legitimately neglected. Our softball program is not the least bit neglected. I would have to think that Michael Lotief has WAY more egregious claims than what he put forward in his public statements. If you know that he does... then UL could be in for a battle. If what we've heard so far from Lotief and his athletes are anywhere close to the Title IX "violations" they may bring forth... Lotief has no case whatsoever.

And in fact, he is the one that looks to be retaliating. You can be an inside softball program supporter and long friend of the Lotief's... and listen to his coaching "tactics"... and perhaps excuse him... for all of his other great attributes. But no independent group is going to take the testimony of former athletes and buy that this is strictly a Title IX retaliatory move on UL's part. UL will willingly hire a women coach... former softball athlete... that vehemently supports Title IX equity... and Lotief's case will fold like a cheap suit.

His tactics are going to doom him. If they had never seen the light of day... he could still be in the AD's office threatening Title IX. But his tactics have seen the light of day. And keep things straight... Lotief's being terminated... and the Title IX issues... were wound together by Lotief... not this forum.

And to add to the unfortunate fate of Michael... he cannot point the finger... and neither can his stellar athletes... and say that it was "the weakest female athletes that couldn't deal with his ways" and win the case. No panel agrees that his winning trumped treating young women with dignity and respect. If you find some panel that does... please let me know who they are. I know some powerful women that would like a word with them.

I can tell you one thing that I think is in Michael Lotief's best interest as a human being. Admittedly, it's not in the best interest of a disgruntled ex coach seeking vengeance. He needs to apologize to the young women that reported him. That's the only bridge I don't hear anyone talking about. But it's the only one that actually matters in all of this.
    *Please remove foot from collective azzes gently*

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post

This right here....Coach....you wanna go down as Barry Bonds....or Andy Petite?

Just reported UL will not grant players a release to transfer, everyone will have to sit out a year

Just reported, teams will pay some of our players to sit out a year and get away with it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Just reported UL will not grant players a release to transfer, everyone will have to sit out a year
    I don't think this is the best path to follow, but it is done. DJ Sanders will graduate soon and head to medical school. So I don't think this will change her decision to not play.

Big mistake.

Source of the report?

http://www.katc.com/story/36788499/u...on-sources-say

Hopefully they just make them wait till a new coach is installed then let them choose

http://www.katc.com/story/36788499/u...on-sources-say

Hopefully they just make them wait till a new coach is installed then let them choose
    This is the only thing that makes sense. If they hold the players that want to leave hostage, would further drag this crap out, look awful from a PR standpoint and poison the water for the rest of the team going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    This is the only thing that makes sense. If they hold the players that want to leave hostage, would further drag this crap out, look awful from a PR standpoint and poison the water for the rest of the team going forward.
    Part of me says make them honor their commitments....you want to interject in the situation by involving the media, threatening with lawsuits, gonna treat you all as adults and make you accountable... other part of me says take the high road and be done with all parties not in our corner

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Part of me says make them honor their commitments....you want to interject in the situation by involving the media, threatening with lawsuits, gonna treat you all as adults and make you accountable... other part of me says take the high road and be done with all parties not in our corner
    Gotta ask yourself what benefits the program long term...

Lol. That is not a question we ask.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    ESPN is dumping millions into college baseball and it's getting the best ratings its ever gotten. I think what they're doing seems to be working brother.
    Yes. Working great for ESPN. I couldn't give less of a ____ about the success of ESPN. The tournament would have more integrity if you needed more than 2 pitchers to win a national championship. JMO

I don't consider KATC to be a trustworthy source on this issue.

The girls have to wait until a coach is installed, and the coach will decide. Not sure why KATC expects Maggard to start handing out releases from the AD's office.

I hope they don't get their releases, even if we never play a softball game over here ever again.

Nobody's holding anybody hostage. These girls signed a letter of intent to play softball at UL, and they're not honoring their commitment. So be it, but I don't have to make your life easy because you think you ought to pick your coach.

Welcome to the real world. Time to drink from the water hose, ladies.

Page 69 of 74 FirstFirst ... 59 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast