Page 67 of 107 FirstFirst ... 57 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 2122

Thread: The 'ending' of the Michael Lotief era

Blog Entries

Default Re: Softball Program

The one item that should not be considered in all this is "he made her cry"

Crying is not a reliable gauge of harm induced.

An MMA fighter might cry after the opponents arms are raised.

Change nothing and if their arms are raised it turns to tears of joy.

ps I still have empathy for the person crying, no matter the cause or personal threshold.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

ps I still have empathy for the person crying, no matter the cause or personal threshold.
    Yet I wonder why words like _____ and ____er are filtered on this site?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Yet I wonder why words like _____ and ____er are filtered on this site?
    So I don't cry.

So I don't cry.
    🙊

Huh?!!!???

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post

Huh?!!!???
    My response any time he posts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post

Huh?!!!???
    I cry faster than you. You may have been more offended than me. My crying is not a good gauge for rating the offense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    My response any time he posts.
    See that you just made me cry.

But that doesn't mean you did anything wrong.

I graduated in the 70's from USL.Since then I have coached boys and girls high school sports as well as over 25 recreational teams ranging from girls and boys soccer,basketball and boys baseball and golf.I was even president,chief umpire and board member of numerous leagues.My son was a college athlete as was his best friend since elementary school.My son was treated differently at different ages by many fine coaches as was my daughter.In Lotief's 40 minute video a reporter asked if maybe some administrators could not relate to language and physical coaching techniques because they never played or coached in multiple venues.His response was that may be the case.It concerns me that according to the video and other reports coaches were not interviewed as well as the many team members around Lotief in the video to provide better context to negative serious allegations from a relative few.It also concerns me he reportedly would get positive reviews this summer from players and administration and a bonus.Surely some of the alleged issues were known to the administration before then.Having been in many locker rooms and sidelines for boys and girls games I surely hope some of these reported issues with Lotief will not hinder proper sport specific physical coaching methods used all over and unduly restrict occasional age appropriate coaching outbursts.

Quote Originally Posted by Alum77 View Post
    I graduated in the 70's from USL.Since then I have coached boys and girls high school sports as well as over 25 recreational teams ranging from girls and boys soccer,basketball and boys baseball and golf.I was even president,chief umpire and board member of numerous leagues.My son was a college athlete as was his best friend since elementary school.My son was treated differently at different ages by many fine coaches as was my daughter.In Lotief's 40 minute video a reporter asked if maybe some administrators could not relate to language and physical coaching techniques because they never played or coached in multiple venues.His response was that may be the case.It concerns me that according to the video and other reports coaches were not interviewed as well as the many team members around Lotief in the video to provide better context to negative serious allegations from a relative few.It also concerns me he reportedly would get positive reviews this summer from players and administration and a bonus.Surely some of the alleged issues were known to the administration before then.Having been in many locker rooms and sidelines for boys and girls games I surely hope some of these reported issues with Lotief will not hinder proper sport specific physical coaching methods used all over and unduly restrict occasional age appropriate coaching outbursts.
    Have you looked at any information other than Mike's press conference?

Respectfully, have you ever forcefully pulled a young ladies' head back by her ponytail whether within the context of coaching or not? Do you think that would be appropriate as a coach?

What about physically intimidating and poking your finger into a female co-workers chest. Not a player, another employee of the university? Is that appropriate to you?

I'm not being facetious, I really want to know your opinion.

I may be sexist, but I have more of an issue with "physical" coaching being used on a female rather than a male. I played JUCO and D1 baseball and never witnessed any assault or battery by any of the coaches. Even the more intense and passionate ones. Vulgar language, sure.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Have you looked at any information other than Mike's press conference?

Respectfully, have you ever forcefully pulled a young ladies' head back by her ponytail whether within the context of coaching or not? Do you think that would be appropriate as a coach?

What about physically intimidating and poking your finger into a female co-workers chest. Not a player, another employee of the university? Is that appropriate to you?

I'm not being facetious, I really want to know your opinion.

I may be sexist, but I have more of an issue with "physical" coaching being used on a female rather than a male. I played JUCO and D1 baseball and never witnessed any assault or battery by any of the coaches. Even the more intense and passionate ones. Vulgar language, sure.
    Roug, Grand Slam..

Some people just don't get it. To keep him on staff would be asking for multiple lawsuits in addition to condoning behavior that should not be part of the culture. You cannot get away with using these types of terms these days to player or ever laying a hand on a coworker. The win at all mentality does not apply, you simply cannot ignore this crude behavior. I am amazed at how many people do not understand this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Some people just don't get it. To keep him on staff would be asking for multiple lawsuits in addition to condoning behavior that should not be part of the culture. You cannot get away with using these types of terms these days to player or ever laying a hand on a coworker. The win at all mentality does not apply, you simply cannot ignore this crude behavior. I am amazed at how many people do not understand this.
    The large number of fans in denial of the coach's issues is troubling

Blog Entries

I played JUCO and D1 baseball and never witnessed any assault or battery by any of the coaches. Even the more intense and passionate ones. Vulgar language, sure.
    Weird, but that's pretty much what fellow teammates and fired assistant coaches were saying also.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    The large number of fans in denial of the coaches issues is troubling
    beyond troubling.. CULT LIKE !!

Weird, but that's pretty much what fellow teammates and fired assistant coaches were saying also.
    Not all of the teammates... None of my coaches were accused of abuse either. Incompetence for some, but abuse, no.

Not all of the teammates... None of my coaches were accused of abuse either. Incompetence for some, but abuse, no.
    And don't forget two employees in the strength and conditioning department reported verbal and physical aggressive behavior. So, not just players made accusations against Mike.

And don't forget two employees in the strength and conditioning department reported verbal and physical aggressive behavior. So, not just players made accusations against Mike.
    That incident, surely on video, is the deal breaker. Putting hands on a coworker gets you fired, wherever you work, but especialy a public institution.

I truely hope the coach takes the time to work on his health and can find some peace.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    That incident, surely on video, is the deal breaker. Putting hands on a coworker gets you fired, wherever you work, especialy a public institution.

I truely hope the coach takes the time to work on his health and can find some peace.
    dad, I can agree with that.. Turn the page and move on.. Best for all concerned.

Reminder that Mike Lotief admitted to putting his hands on a female coworker during a confrontation in the workplace.

I'm really not sure how there's even an argument to be made that he should somehow still be employed here.

Page 67 of 107 FirstFirst ... 57 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 77 ... LastLast