_ _ _ _
Page 67 of 106 FirstFirst ... 57 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 2116

Thread: The 'ending' of the Michael Lotief era

Dad04 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    And don't forget two employees in the strength and conditioning department reported verbal and physical aggressive behavior. So, not just players made accusations against Mike.
    That incident, surely on video, is the deal breaker. Putting hands on a coworker gets you fired, wherever you work, but especialy a public institution.

I truely hope the coach takes the time to work on his health and can find some peace.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Softball Program

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    That incident, surely on video, is the deal breaker. Putting hands on a coworker gets you fired, wherever you work, especialy a public institution.

I truely hope the coach takes the time to work on his health and can find some peace.
    dad, I can agree with that.. Turn the page and move on.. Best for all concerned.

Reminder that Mike Lotief admitted to putting his hands on a female coworker during a confrontation in the workplace.

I'm really not sure how there's even an argument to be made that he should somehow still be employed here.

Sounds like you too are unaware of a softball pitching coaching drill that involves holding and pulling a ponytail.That's why you talk to those who coach pitchers at top levels and at least other pitchers like I have.I am not condoning all that has been reported regarding Lotief but if the administration and you do not know this drill what also was missed by not at least interviewing all pitchers and pitching coaches.More facts from experts on this point may have made for more accurate allegations.You do not want future or current coaching hires being concerned about any implications born out of any potentially misleading allegations about Lotief.By the way I did take extra precautions as you suggest when coaching ladies and typically had my daughter or another adult female when I did individual drills with players.I understand Lotief's daughter is on this team.I do appreciate your experiences and feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    dad, I can agree with that.. Turn the page and move on.. Best for all concerned.
    I sincerely hope the best for him, his family and the school.

Quote Originally Posted by Alum77 View Post
    Sounds like you too are unaware of a softball pitching coaching drill that involves holding and pulling a ponytail.That's why you talk to those who coach pitchers at top levels and at least other pitchers like I have.I am not condoning all that has been reported regarding Lotief but if the administration and you do not know this drill what also was missed by not at least interviewing all pitchers and pitching coaches.More facts from experts on this point may have made for more accurate allegations.You do not want future or current coaching hires being concerned about any implications born out of any potentially misleading allegations about Lotief.By the way I did take extra precautions as you suggest when coaching ladies and typically had my daughter or another adult female when I did individual drills with players.I understand Lotief's daughter is on this team.I do appreciate your experiences and feedback.
    The ponytail pull was not during a pitching drill per the documents and the young lady was crying. But you answered one question re: pulling the ponytail being appropriate. You didn't answer regarding the female coworker.

Btw, what if he yanked her ponytail back in anger or punishment as it appears and is described in the complaint? Is that ok? What is the line for you?

My point here is there are gradations here as you point out and there are probably many other witnesses to some of the statements so why not interview them to be as accurate as possible.Obviously you could have witnesses disgruntled with both sides but that is why you get feedback from people with knowledge on both sides .Timelines are important too in disputes so it would be interesting to timeline all of this starting with Lotief's positive reviews and bonus this summer.I hope both parties can sit down and mediate this with an agreed upon positive parting statement.Lotief is well respected in college coaching circles as a top hitting coach,check out Georgia's fan site,and hopefully such an agreed statement could serve to rehabilitate all parties.Lawsuits often end up bringing out things neither party wants aired.

I still am a Lotief supporter. I have been surprised at the number of people who seem to be happy with Loteif firing. Are these peoeple resentful of the amount of money that has gone into the softball program or jealous that their favorite program has never had the success of Lotiefs program?
    Some post with a know it all attitude and demean others for their opinion.
    My wife is not a sports fan but enjoyed attending and following UL softball only because of the Lotiefs family oriented approach. Along with other women I have talked to, she is very skeptical of stories from disgruntled former players etc who have ill will for Loteif and the program.
    If women can see through this charade, why do so many MEN have their panties in a wad over this BS.
    Poking someone in the shoulder? Really?
    Loteif did need some counseling in manners but I can't believe that a great coach was fired like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NC1 View Post
    I still am a Lotief supporter. I have been surprised at the number of people who seem to be happy with Loteif firing. Are these peoeple resentful of the amount of money that has gone into the softball program or jealous that their favorite program has never had the success of Lotiefs program?
    My wife is not a sports fan but enjoyed attending and following UL softball only because of the Lotiefs family oriented approach. Along with other women I have talked to, she is very skeptical of stories from disgruntled former players etc who have ill will for Loteif and the program.
    If women can see through this charade, why do so many MEN have their panties in a wad over this BS.
    Loteif did need some counseling in manners but I can't believe that a great coach was fired like this.
    I haven't seen one person who seems to be happy with Lotief's firing, but I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

I'm grateful the university had the stones to do the right thing.

Re: Poking someone in the shoulder ... you left out repeatedly, while in her face, yelling at her and calling her "little girl," along with a host of other antics, like repeatedly slamming a medicine ball to the ground in anger. Read the documents.

Blog Entries

Crying is irrelevant to this whole thing. Thresholds vary and emotional pain is not always the cause. Emotions will vary.

How coach Lotief treated someone while they were crying could be very relevant.

Why would the univ put themselves through all the backlash and stress to fire a softball coach .. Hate to break it to you no one cares about softball from a national standpoint. I work with 5 Oklahoma grads and were ____ed they gave the coach a mill they feel it could be better used in baseball

Grow up. No one is happy about losing one of the best coached in the sport. I have been to many many games. I love UL softball and love the game. Those girls are fighters and play with a lot of heart and passion. I have always respected the Lotiefs for what they did for this program, but I also can see when someone has crossed a line. We are not resentful of anything, if you people would follow this site instead of posting for the first time you would understand that we want what is best for our overall sports department and not just one sport. We are not blinded by loyalty, so try this crap somewhere else. Time to move on, Lotief is no longer the coach here.

I have no problem with a coach using foul language. But the p-word used to females opens up a can of worms. It presents liability for the University with potential sexual harassment. Once the complaints are formally lodged, the University HAS to act. No questions. Forget the fact that he put his hands on someone.

So yes, we all know Mike was a VERY GOOD coach. But it is also okay for us to get a peek into the envelope and realize that he may not have represented the values that we like to see our University represented with.....And that is all subjective opinion. I have always noticed that opposing coaches seem to despise him, and not because he dominates on the field. What he did to the LSU groundskeeper is a perfect example of why many have not liked him. It is also a good example of how I would HATE to see a representative OF OUR SCHOOL to act toward someone.

It has gotten comical at this point..

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    It has gotten comical at this point..
    Yeah some of these comments are not even worth replaying to but it is really hard to ignore some of the ignorance that is going on here, but hey what do we know we are just jealous of the softball programs success....jfc...

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Yeah some of these comments are not even worth replaying to but it is really hard to ignore some of the ignorance that is going on here, but hey what do we know we are just jealous of the softball programs success....jfc...
    Of all the idiotic statements made, this is my favorite so far.

I think a program can be successful without sacrificing self-respect, respect for players and co-workers and professionalism. I think a coach can be tough and demanding without crossing the line. We have a good example close by.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Of all the idiotic statements made, this is my favorite so far.
    I personally have a deep seeded envy of our fishing team. I really hate those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    I personally have a deep seeded envy of our fishing team. I really hate those guys.

Lose the flames at the bottom and replace the Hotwheel logo with the FDL and those would be a good looking fishing pullover

What in the world? We are all UL supporters in EVERY sport. Why would we be jealous of OUR nationally ranked softball team?

Someone help me out here......

Page 67 of 106 FirstFirst ... 57 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 77 ... LastLast