_ _ _ _
Page 66 of 106 FirstFirst ... 56 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 2116

Thread: The 'ending' of the Michael Lotief era

Default Re: Softball Program

At one point, Corey Myers allowed one of the players to temporarily live with his family at their house, an arrangement that a former ASU administrator described as "not a good practice."

Everyone should quit their job and volunteer to afford a house.... So if clint provided more than 10000 of support for his 40 or so yr old son, wouldnt that be tax evasion for the son even if it doesnt violate ncaa regs for having too many paid coaches

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    Lisa Love wasn't in the movie but Marla Hootch was.

Dad04 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Speaking of punch???
    http://nypost.com/2017/03/28/florida...shoving-match/

If someone contacts opposing team in public, cant imagine how they treat their own team
    As Robe says, "Oh, there is no doubt".

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    As Robe says, "Oh, there is no doubt".
    Do you remember when robe was complaining about how all the new players were spoiled because of travel ball. Why was it exactly that was a problem for just UL? How did all the othet schools have a generation of players not from travel ball?

Do you remember when robe was complaining about how all the new players were spoiled because of travel ball. Why was it exactly that was a problem for just UL? How did all the othet schools have a generation of players not from travel ball?
    He has never restricted that statement to only his team. He says "kids today". He has even mentioned how he and other coaches talk about it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    I just read testimonials from several former players (Karli Hubbard, Holli Tankersly, Lacy Bertucci, Tiffany Hebert amongst others) attesting to Mike's character, how he molded them into successful women, how they knew that when he used salty language, it wasn't personal, etc. Many of these ladies are married and have children of their own and have successful careers. One would figure that due to their current status in life, they would not have any problems coming forward if they felt that Mike subjected them to abuse either verbal or physical. In a news story last night, KATC showed copies of emails and texts that Mike has purportedly sent over the years in regards to what he perceived to be gender equity issues. Did the current administration get so weary of Lotief's complaining that they are using this issue to rid themselves of someone they perceive as a trouble maker? I just don't know. Some are happy that Lotief has been fired and point to the evidence that the university has presented as the reason that he got fired. Others will read the testimonials about Lotief and look at his evidence and say that he got the shaft. I believe that the softball program will survive this in the long run, but that chaos will rule in the short term. I just hope that the players all take a step back and don't make any rash decisions based upon emotion.
    All players with significant playing time. Interesting.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Plenty other coaches say the same thing.

Dad04 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Robe's point is valid. Throwdown is an equalizer when your team has less raw talent.

We are a mid-major and not as talented year in, year out as SEC, Big 12 clubs. The gap is narrowing with players like Lexie, BT, Hogan and Gunner, but the gap is there. Robe is spot on. Tulips will fold, talented or not.

I have no doubt Mike believes the same. He simply went way too far.

Blog Entries

The one item that should not be considered in all this is "he made her cry"

Crying is not a reliable gauge of harm induced.

An MMA fighter might cry after the opponents arms are raised.

Change nothing and if their arms are raised it turns to tears of joy.

ps I still have empathy for the person crying, no matter the cause or personal threshold.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

ps I still have empathy for the person crying, no matter the cause or personal threshold.
    Yet I wonder why words like _____ and ____er are filtered on this site?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Yet I wonder why words like _____ and ____er are filtered on this site?
    So I don't cry.

So I don't cry.
    🙊

Huh?!!!???

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post

Huh?!!!???
    My response any time he posts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post

Huh?!!!???
    I cry faster than you. You may have been more offended than me. My crying is not a good gauge for rating the offense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    My response any time he posts.
    See that you just made me cry.

But that doesn't mean you did anything wrong.

I graduated in the 70's from USL.Since then I have coached boys and girls high school sports as well as over 25 recreational teams ranging from girls and boys soccer,basketball and boys baseball and golf.I was even president,chief umpire and board member of numerous leagues.My son was a college athlete as was his best friend since elementary school.My son was treated differently at different ages by many fine coaches as was my daughter.In Lotief's 40 minute video a reporter asked if maybe some administrators could not relate to language and physical coaching techniques because they never played or coached in multiple venues.His response was that may be the case.It concerns me that according to the video and other reports coaches were not interviewed as well as the many team members around Lotief in the video to provide better context to negative serious allegations from a relative few.It also concerns me he reportedly would get positive reviews this summer from players and administration and a bonus.Surely some of the alleged issues were known to the administration before then.Having been in many locker rooms and sidelines for boys and girls games I surely hope some of these reported issues with Lotief will not hinder proper sport specific physical coaching methods used all over and unduly restrict occasional age appropriate coaching outbursts.

Quote Originally Posted by Alum77 View Post
    I graduated in the 70's from USL.Since then I have coached boys and girls high school sports as well as over 25 recreational teams ranging from girls and boys soccer,basketball and boys baseball and golf.I was even president,chief umpire and board member of numerous leagues.My son was a college athlete as was his best friend since elementary school.My son was treated differently at different ages by many fine coaches as was my daughter.In Lotief's 40 minute video a reporter asked if maybe some administrators could not relate to language and physical coaching techniques because they never played or coached in multiple venues.His response was that may be the case.It concerns me that according to the video and other reports coaches were not interviewed as well as the many team members around Lotief in the video to provide better context to negative serious allegations from a relative few.It also concerns me he reportedly would get positive reviews this summer from players and administration and a bonus.Surely some of the alleged issues were known to the administration before then.Having been in many locker rooms and sidelines for boys and girls games I surely hope some of these reported issues with Lotief will not hinder proper sport specific physical coaching methods used all over and unduly restrict occasional age appropriate coaching outbursts.
    Have you looked at any information other than Mike's press conference?

Respectfully, have you ever forcefully pulled a young ladies' head back by her ponytail whether within the context of coaching or not? Do you think that would be appropriate as a coach?

What about physically intimidating and poking your finger into a female co-workers chest. Not a player, another employee of the university? Is that appropriate to you?

I'm not being facetious, I really want to know your opinion.

I may be sexist, but I have more of an issue with "physical" coaching being used on a female rather than a male. I played JUCO and D1 baseball and never witnessed any assault or battery by any of the coaches. Even the more intense and passionate ones. Vulgar language, sure.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Have you looked at any information other than Mike's press conference?

Respectfully, have you ever forcefully pulled a young ladies' head back by her ponytail whether within the context of coaching or not? Do you think that would be appropriate as a coach?

What about physically intimidating and poking your finger into a female co-workers chest. Not a player, another employee of the university? Is that appropriate to you?

I'm not being facetious, I really want to know your opinion.

I may be sexist, but I have more of an issue with "physical" coaching being used on a female rather than a male. I played JUCO and D1 baseball and never witnessed any assault or battery by any of the coaches. Even the more intense and passionate ones. Vulgar language, sure.
    Roug, Grand Slam..

Some people just don't get it. To keep him on staff would be asking for multiple lawsuits in addition to condoning behavior that should not be part of the culture. You cannot get away with using these types of terms these days to player or ever laying a hand on a coworker. The win at all mentality does not apply, you simply cannot ignore this crude behavior. I am amazed at how many people do not understand this.

Page 66 of 106 FirstFirst ... 56 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 76 ... LastLast