Page 10 of 107 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: The 'ending' of the Michael Lotief era

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Good For You? Were you the one that left me the reputation "words of encouragement" the other day?
    Geaux Feed Yourself.

You looked hungry. You were getting cranky and needed a snickers.

Default Re: Softball Program

Is Softball the right hill to die on?

ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    This hurts a lot. I love Cajun Softball and coach Mike.
    Well, I don't see this ending with Mike in the coaches box come the spring. Don't know any employer, public or private, gives someone a pass on a cluster duck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Exactly...

Blog Entries

Definitely not, but it might be the right place to "circle" the wagons

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Well, I don't see this ending with Mike in the coaches box come the spring. Don't know any employer, public or private, gives someone a pass on a cluster duck like this.
    This is carry over from the last AD who let coaches run their programs with little oversight .. coaches that cant get inline will be phased out & the univ will be better for it

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Definitely not, but it might be the right place to "circle" the wagons
    If it is...our program is never going to be where we want it to be.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    University comes first. I'm assuming some of these players are on at least partial scholarship. And they are hiring attorneys to fight the university that's providing that to them? And to play in a top notch facility. At a national power program?

University comes first. Lotief and all players involved can GTFO as far as I'm concerned. There are literally 10,000 UL students that would love to have the perks these kids are getting.

The social justice warrior mentality is killing our country. And now infecting college sports as well. Time to start playing more golf and fishing more. This whole thing is absolutely ridiculous. Michael Lotief, and these certain players aren't as important as they apparently think they are.
    I would agree with you if the issues that created Mike and the athletes' legal decisions are petty. I haven't heard what they are yet... so condemning them is a little premature.

I sure hope Mike isn't throwing stones inside the glass house. He might feel entitled to do so. He may even be right. But he had better not break anything inside the house, just to make a point.

If this becomes another unappealing issue for UL fans... I for one have had enough. I'm becoming sick of athletes and coaches... and with athletics in general.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Geaux Feed Yourself.

You looked hungry. You were getting cranky and needed a snickers.
    There'd be some fat SOBs on this forum if Snickers were used to cure crankiness.

Blog Entries

Something was going to come along and end us. It might as well have been softball. Let's face it... coaches and athletes don't do this for us. They are not stoked about fans and the brand. They are stoked about themselves. It might as well be softball to pick up rocks and start throwing them in our extremely thin walled glass house.

I would agree with you if the issues that created Mike and the athletes' legal decisions are petty. I haven't heard what they are yet... so condemning them is a little premature.

I sure hope Mike isn't throwing stones inside the glass house. He might feel entitled to do so. He may even be right. But he had better not break anything inside the house, just to make a point.

If this becomes another unappealing issue for UL fans... I for one have had enough. I'm becoming sick of athletes and coaches... and with athletics in general.
    Amen.

From the info I've been able to gather, the situation is rife with pettiness. It also seems like Mike, because of his intelligence and knowledge of the law, has been able to essentially hold the athletic program hostage for several years. It's also why he's been able to skate on his ridiculous behavior. I think the new regime refused to be held hostage by a softball coach and did what Farmer should have done years ago.. disciplined him.

Burgess probably took the case for the publicity and if there is any recovery he has a contingency fee agreement. There is no indication Mike even knew the girls were hiring a lawyer. He has
    to know what that would do to his program. I think the girls did it to show support for Mike and to express their frustration but Mike didn't know about it beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    Burgess probably took the case for the publicity and if there is any recovery he has a contingency fee agreement. There is no indication Mike even knew the girls were hiring a lawyer. He has
    to know what that would do to his program. I think the girls did it to show support for Mike and to express their frustration but Mike didn't know about it beforehand.
    Bank.. C'mon.
    He knew, this was planned and it was on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Bank.. C'mon.
    He knew, this was planned and it was on purpose.
    Mike knows a lot of attorneys in town. Why would he have directed his players to a grammatically challenged personal injury attorney?

Mike knows a lot of attorneys in town. Why would he have directed his players to a grammatically challenged personal injury attorney?
    Maybe he's the only attorney in town that would take a case as frivolous as this one will end up being...

LOL.

Not laughing at the situation, but for some reason your description was entertaining.

I for one have had enough. I'm becoming sick of athletes and coaches... and with athletics in general.
    This is pretty much where I am.....

Maybe he's the only attorney in town that would take a case as frivolous as this one will end up being...
    There are a lot of attorneys in Lafayette. A lot of attorneys that despise UL and would have taken the case for that reason alone. With all things considered, Burgess is not the attorney Mike would have chosen to represent his girls on a Title IX lawsuit. Not a big enough splash.

5?

Blog Entries

Amen.

From the info I've been able to gather, the situation is rife with pettiness. It also seems like Mike, because of his intelligence and knowledge of the law, has been able to essentially hold the athletic program hostage for several years. It's also why he's been able to skate on his ridiculous behavior. I think the new regime refused to be held hostage by a softball coach and did what Farmer should have done years ago.. disciplined him.
    This had better not be "we don't think we're treated as well as football" nonsense. If it is... let's go get some bulldozers and push football and softball into a pile and have a UL fans only bonfire party.

This had better not be "we don't think we're treated as well as football" nonsense. If it is... let's go get some bulldozers and push football and softball into a pile and have a UL fans only bonfire party.
    I'll bring the Richard's sausage.

Page 10 of 107 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast