Page 96 of 107 FirstFirst ... 86 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 106 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 2122

Thread: The 'ending' of the Michael Lotief era

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Letter to the editor: Shame on Those Who Dismiss Allegations Against Lotief.

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    agree 100%.......80% of all coaches in America would be fired if all of their players were brought in and aggressively interrogated about every single action they have witnessed during practice and games.
    You are bound and determined not to understand this situation. First, the "professional work environment" pertains predominantly to his behavior toward another employee. Second, there is no way you can compare the Neanderthal behavior that the world has come to tolerate from the majority of coaches (who are required to act like asses because they lack other skills) that coach young men... with a grown man... a lawyer to boot... that uses gutter language laced with tough talk... with young women. It isn't a comparable situation.

The fact of the matter is... Coach Lotief would likely have gotten his ___ kicked if he weren't a frail male. I wonder how many of our softball athletes were exposed to this kind of behavior in high school? Are we to believe this is common practice at other top college programs? Most of our softball athletes haven't been to any collegiate program but ours. They actually believe there's a link between them being a top softball program... and having a coach that uses abusive language.

Lotief is a man that should be apologizing profusely for his behavior while he reflects on how his skills as a coach could have succeeded without it. Instead, we have fans that refuse to separate their appreciation for his softball coaching skills and his abusive behavior.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    You are bound and determined not to understand this situation. First, the "professional work environment" pertains predominantly to his behavior toward another employee. Second, there is no way you can compare the Neanderthal behavior that the world has come to tolerate from the majority of coaches (who are required to act like asses because they lack other skills) that coach young men... with a grown man... a lawyer to boot... that uses gutter language laced with tough talk... with young women. It isn't a comparable situation.

The fact of the matter is... Coach Lotief would likely have gotten his ___ kicked if he weren't a frail male. I wonder how many of our softball athletes were exposed to this kind of behavior in high school? Are we to believe this is common practice at other top college programs? Most of our softball athletes haven't been to any collegiate program but ours. They actually believe there's a link between them being a top softball program... and having a coach that uses abusive language.

Lotief is a man that should be apologizing profusely for his behavior while he reflects on how his skills as a coach could have succeeded without it. Instead, we have fans that refuse to separate their appreciation for his softball coaching skills and his abusive behavior.
    It sounds like you are saying, if a coach of a male team was faced with the exact same allegations he would not have been fired.

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

It sounds like you are saying, if a coach of a male team was faced with the exact same allegations he would not have been fired.
    He wasn't fired for language! Geez! The dude was fired for physical intimidation and verbal threats to another UL employee. His 2nd offense by the way.

His language and treatment of players have been overlooked for what 12 years? That's not what got him fired.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    So if the majority do it, does it still make it right?
    Ignore him. He's a cultist too.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Aaaaaaaannnnnndddddd people still can't understand it was a CO-WORKER he berated and pushed..... people, it was NOT a player!!!
    Couldn't convince Jim Jones followers, and we won't convince this group.

Default Re: Letter to the editor: Shame on Those Who Dismiss Allegations Against Lotief.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Take the players out of it. What he did to the strength coach was grounds for termination by itself.
    ^^^^ This^^^^

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Take the players out of it. What he did to the strength coach was grounds for termination by itself.
    That is exactly what the administration should have done. It would have been enough.

Muddied waters dilute the focus.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Ignore him. He's a cultist too.
    Is Jenny on the Block in your cult?
    I only know of the one Guy but I think we scared him into hiding.

Blog Entries

You do realize we are talking about terminating a person from a job? We aren't trying them for a criminal offense. Many coaches would be fired for similar behavior if it were brought to the attention of the employing administration. As well, once it gets into the public spotlight... the employment is more than done.

Placing your hands on another employee, man or woman, is definite grounds for termination. I do think when a man places his hands on a woman, it is more significant to the employer (and in society). There's a psychological break when a man places his hands on a woman in the workplace, for no other reason than to dominate them. Alarms go off. And this guy is a coach over young women. If half of what the young women stated is true... the guy had to be terminated. I realize he's confused. It's what he does "to make champions" in his mind. I realize why the athletes are confused. It's what he does "to make champions" in their minds. And I suppose there's a similar moral confusion on the part of some fans.

There is a higher toleration of foul language by a male in the presence of males than in the presence of females. I will not intervene on a guy cussing out another guy. I will intervene on a guy cussing out a woman. If it's a grown man with a young woman... I'm putting him to sleep. I would hope other men feel the same way, regardless of how maligned our modern culture has become.

Whether he was terminated or not... I find his behavior disgusting. But I do believe he could apologize and a lot of people that are upset with him would turn around and help restore his dignity. I do not believe he will restore it on his own. He may find a pound of vengeance available through Title IX sanctions... but UL will recover from them. He will not.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I only know of the one Guy but I think we scared him into hiding.
    Wouldn't know, you'd have to ask the cult members themselves.

Default Re: Softball Program

"As far as the allegations go, I've been witness to the majority of them, and I believe them to be completely false,"

Did Chris Malveaux just admit that the allegations actually happened? How can you witness something and in the same breath say that they are false? Did they happen or did they not?

They're starting to remind me of the Clinton's.... GO AWAY!

Blog Entries

"As far as the allegations go, I've been witness to the majority of them, and I believe them to be completely false,"

Did Chris Malveaux just admit that the allegations actually happened? How can you witness something and in the same breath say that they are false? Did they happen or did they not?
    The events happened. Embellished is the implication.

Blog Entries

The reality is... Mike didn't possess the skill of making demands of the university, without ____ing off the university. Mike thinks he can win something in this by insisting the university shouldn't have terminated him. If your boss and your boss's boss don't want you... you're a gone pecan.

If I were Mike's attorney, I'd ask but one question of Mike, "Are you absolutely lily white in every single allegation?". If there is even one single case where he states that he maybe should have handled something differently... he's toast. Any single allegation is a fire hot brand. It doesn't take every one of them to brand you. What you do during branding time is you don't stick your ___ out there close to the fire.

Mike ran by the branding station on a regular basis yelling "Title IX, Title IX!!!"... and one day he came too close to the branding iron that said "terminated". Every place I've worked in my life... the one thing you needed to know was... you can lose your job for x reasons. And you will lose your job for any reason if the boss doesn't like you. If in your last dance with your boss, you threaten him... don't be surprised that he tells you "your breath stinks, you walk funny, you speak like you have marbles in your mouth, you park crooked... and you put your hands on a female coworker". You can go to HR or the League of Nations and cry foul. And you can prove you park straight, you walk straight, your breath smells like fresh mint, and you speak like a radio god... but if there's one person that says "he put his hands on me"... even the League of Nations cannot help you.

The one thing that infuriates me about this is... it's all about one person denying everything... at the expense of everyone else. He doesn't want to work for UL anymore. He cannot work for UL anymore. But so what? He just might be capable of burning down UL on his way out. Good for him. What a trooper. What a great man. I won softball games. I'm the greatest ever. Call me a name... and I'll burn you down. All of you. Who are you compared to the mighty me?

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    It's 867-5309.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    It's 867-5309.
    337?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by whataburger View Post
    337?
    No. Jenny left Lafayette. Her boyfriend had to leave UL. Title IX made UL drop one of the men's athletic programs. Jenny's boyfriend didn't have the money to stay and finish at UL. He had to move back home and finish community college while working a night job. Jenny got pregnant by another guy that she claimed "showed her more attention"... because her boyfriend was busy working his way through school. Her boyfriend went and confronted the other guy... and the other guy was a loser... he pulled out a knife and stabbed Jenny's boyfriend. He died. His mother was so distraught... she was working nights too to help Jenny's boyfriend and his sister get through school. She ended up having to be committed to a psychiatric hospital... and died a couple years later. Jenny's boyfriend's sister had to drop out of school. She ended up working full time at local restaurant... but a guy robbed the place one night and shot her. She's now paralyzed from the waste down.

Sometimes... Title IX isn't as good to women as they think. But you know... if it helps you out... F everyone else.

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by whataburger View Post
    337?
    Works in all area codes.

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Works in all area codes.
    He probably ain't old enough to know where you found that number

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    He probably ain't old enough to know where you found that number
    Incorrect, sir.

Page 96 of 107 FirstFirst ... 86 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 106 ... LastLast