_ _ _ _
Page 73 of 106 FirstFirst ... 63 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 2116

Thread: The 'ending' of the Michael Lotief era

  1. #1441
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    I don't consider KATC to be a trustworthy source on this issue.

    The girls have to wait until a coach is installed, and the coach will decide. Not sure why KATC expects Maggard to start handing out releases from the AD's office.

    I hope they don't get their releases, even if we never play a softball game over here ever again.

    Nobody's holding anybody hostage. These girls signed a letter of intent to play softball at UL, and they're not honoring their commitment. So be it, but I don't have to make your life easy because you think you ought to pick your coach.

    Welcome to the real world. Time to drink from the water hose, ladies.
    These student athletes are victims of a P.O.S. who was in our employ. They are victims whether they know it yet or not. If they want to go we should let them go. We need to do the right thing by them. Lotief is a P.O.S. Wash our hands of him and move on.

  2. #1442
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    934

    Default Refund for softball season tickets

    Has anyone tried to get a refund for softball season tickets?


  3. #1443
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    9,364

    Default Re: Softball Program

    Quote Originally Posted by Alum77 View Post
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...-ankles-sports This important article from ESPN points out how important a superb player performance staff can be for player safety and performance.Curry's injury setbacks and recovery
    in 2012 surrounding his repeated ankle sprains and surgery are studied by basketball specific performance staff.
    LOL. This is informative, however, a resurrection would suggest that his career was down or dead. We all know that this is not the case. Perhaps it preemptively saved his career but I wouldn't think it resurrected it. I know we are splitting hairs here but I do think its important.

  4. #1444
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    168

    Default Re: Refund for softball season tickets

    Don't you think getting all the softball boosters together and burning an effigy of Dr. Maggard or T Joe would be more satisfactory??

    ....and more likely to happen


  5. #1445
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    9,364

    Default Re: Softball Program

    Quote Originally Posted by Penrod View Post
    These student athletes are victims of a P.O.S. who was in our employ. They are victims whether they know it yet or not. If they want to go we should let them go. We need to do the right thing by them. Lotief is a P.O.S. Wash our hands of him and move on.
    And they defended the P.O.S. you describe and threatened the university with lawsuits. I'm good either way but I can see where they wouldn't automatically grant releases until a new coach is hired.

  6. #1446
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    934

    Default Re: Refund for softball season tickets

    The fact that they waited until after the deadline to fire coach Mike makes me think it was strategically done.


  7. #1447
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Flagship-Land
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Its funny you would say that when our program have benefit greatly from schools releasing players that wanted to play at UL. All I want to know is will the school refund our money for season tickets.
    Did you already pay for your tickets?

  8. #1448
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Flagship-Land
    Posts
    792

    Default Re: Refund for softball season tickets

    Why should the university refund your money?


  9. #1449
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    9,364

    Default Re: Refund for softball season tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    The fact that they waited until after the deadline to fire coach Mike makes me think it was strategically done.
    I thought they fired him when they did because there was an event that led to an investigation amid allegations of abuse. I didn't think they just picked a time to decide to fire him?

  10. #1450
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    934

    Default Re: Refund for softball season tickets

    When I paid for a product I was expecting different. Would kind of be like if you went to a movie and watch captain america but once you got to your seat they decided to show you the march of the penguins.


  11. #1451
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: Softball Program

    Zephyr,a skilled performance coach was key to Curry's future.At 24,as he prepared for another major ankle surgery,there was great concern by doctors about his future in basketball.As ESPN pointed out he was spraining his ankles doing simple moves that rarely resulted in sprained ankles.The point I was making is it is important to have trainers or conditioning coaches that are well qualified in all sports they are involved with.I so appreciated Andrew Toney when he played at UL and in the NBA. I remember him taking jumpers from near half court in warm ups.His defense was so good and he was one of the most complete offensive two guards to ever play.It saddened me to hear teammate Charles Barkley talk about how bad his feet hurt him during NBA games.Medical care and strength and conditioning have come a long way since then.


  12. #1452
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,543

    Default Re: Refund for softball season tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Cajun View Post
    Don't you think getting all the softball boosters together and burning an effigy of Dr. Maggard or T Joe would be more satisfactory??

    ....and more likely to happen
    All they are doing is hurting softball you think the Univ will transfer money from other sports to offset the difference .. If the answer is yes i have some ocean front property in Kansas to sell you

  13. #1453
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Flagship-Land
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    When I paid for a product I was expecting different. Would kind of be like if you went to a movie and watch captain america but once you got to your seat they decided to show you the march of the penguins.
    No. You paid to watch UL softball games. You are getting UL softball games. Your analogy is BS.

  14. #1454
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I thought they fired him when they did because there was an event that led to an investigation amid allegations of abuse. I didn't think they just picked a time to decide to fire him?
    From the players I spoke to the complaints were made sometime ago why wait till the deadline for to renew to bring it out. Could be coincidence but seems fishy.

  15. #1455
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bmv90 View Post
    No. You paid to watch UL softball games. You are getting UL softball games. Your analogy is BS.
    So if you paid for steak but got cereal you would be still willing to pay the steak price?

  16. #1456
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Flagship-Land
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    From the players I spoke to the complaints were made sometime ago why wait till the deadline for to renew to bring it out. Could be coincidence but seems fishy.
    Could be coincidence but apparently you're reporting it as if it is some big grand conspiracy on the level of Enron. Get me facts, not circumstance, before you make such allegations.

  17. #1457
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    934

    Default Re: Refund for softball season tickets

    Can't state names but it's why the University would put out there side.


  18. #1458
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Flagship-Land
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    So if you paid for steak but got cereal you would be still willing to pay the steak price?
    Again, your analogy does not work.

    What you paid for: UL Softball
    What you are getting: UL Softball

  19. #1459
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Flagship-Land
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    Can't state names but it's why the University would put out there side.
    Or because they can't under their own policies....

  20. #1460
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bmv90 View Post
    Or because they can't under their own policies....
    Well the side of the softball players that I've heard is going to be the way I lean for now.

Page 73 of 106 FirstFirst ... 63 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 83 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •