Page 73 of 107 FirstFirst ... 63 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 2127

Thread: The 'ending' of the Michael Lotief era

Blog Entries

Default Re: Softball Program

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Just reported UL will not grant players a release to transfer, everyone will have to sit out a year
    I don't think this is the best path to follow, but it is done. DJ Sanders will graduate soon and head to medical school. So I don't think this will change her decision to not play.

Just reported UL will not grant players a release to transfer, everyone will have to sit out a year
    Big mistake.

Source of the report?

http://www.katc.com/story/36788499/u...on-sources-say

Hopefully they just make them wait till a new coach is installed then let them choose

http://www.katc.com/story/36788499/u...on-sources-say

Hopefully they just make them wait till a new coach is installed then let them choose
    This is the only thing that makes sense. If they hold the players that want to leave hostage, would further drag this crap out, look awful from a PR standpoint and poison the water for the rest of the team going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    This is the only thing that makes sense. If they hold the players that want to leave hostage, would further drag this crap out, look awful from a PR standpoint and poison the water for the rest of the team going forward.
    Part of me says make them honor their commitments....you want to interject in the situation by involving the media, threatening with lawsuits, gonna treat you all as adults and make you accountable... other part of me says take the high road and be done with all parties not in our corner

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Part of me says make them honor their commitments....you want to interject in the situation by involving the media, threatening with lawsuits, gonna treat you all as adults and make you accountable... other part of me says take the high road and be done with all parties not in our corner
    Gotta ask yourself what benefits the program long term...

Lol. That is not a question we ask.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    ESPN is dumping millions into college baseball and it's getting the best ratings its ever gotten. I think what they're doing seems to be working brother.
    Yes. Working great for ESPN. I couldn't give less of a ____ about the success of ESPN. The tournament would have more integrity if you needed more than 2 pitchers to win a national championship. JMO

I don't consider KATC to be a trustworthy source on this issue.

The girls have to wait until a coach is installed, and the coach will decide. Not sure why KATC expects Maggard to start handing out releases from the AD's office.

I hope they don't get their releases, even if we never play a softball game over here ever again.

Nobody's holding anybody hostage. These girls signed a letter of intent to play softball at UL, and they're not honoring their commitment. So be it, but I don't have to make your life easy because you think you ought to pick your coach.

Welcome to the real world. Time to drink from the water hose, ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post

The girls have to wait until a coach is installed, and the coach will decide. Not sure why KATC expects Maggard to start handing out releases from the AD's office.

I hope they don't get their releases, even if we never play a softball game over here ever again.

Nobody's holding anybody hostage. These girls signed a letter of intent to play softball at UL, and they're not honoring their commitment. So be it, but I don't have to make your life easy because you think you ought to pick your coach.

Its funny you would say that when our program have benefit greatly from schools releasing players that wanted to play at UL. All I want to know is will the school refund our money for season tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Its funny you would say that when our program have benefit greatly from schools releasing players that wanted to play at UL. All I want to know is will the school refund our money for season tickets.
    I'm not saying I'm against releases under any circumstances. I'm saying I'm against these releases under these circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post

These student athletes are victims of a P.O.S. who was in our employ. They are victims whether they know it yet or not. If they want to go we should let them go. We need to do the right thing by them. Lotief is a P.O.S. Wash our hands of him and move on.

Default Refund for softball season tickets

Has anyone tried to get a refund for softball season tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by Alum77 View Post
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...-ankles-sports This important article from ESPN points out how important a superb player performance staff can be for player safety and performance.Curry's injury setbacks and recovery
    in 2012 surrounding his repeated ankle sprains and surgery are studied by basketball specific performance staff.
    LOL. This is informative, however, a resurrection would suggest that his career was down or dead. We all know that this is not the case. Perhaps it preemptively saved his career but I wouldn't think it resurrected it. I know we are splitting hairs here but I do think its important.

Default Re: Refund for softball season tickets

Don't you think getting all the softball boosters together and burning an effigy of Dr. Maggard or T Joe would be more satisfactory??

....and more likely to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Penrod View Post
    These student athletes are victims of a P.O.S. who was in our employ. They are victims whether they know it yet or not. If they want to go we should let them go. We need to do the right thing by them. Lotief is a P.O.S. Wash our hands of him and move on.
    And they defended the P.O.S. you describe and threatened the university with lawsuits. I'm good either way but I can see where they wouldn't automatically grant releases until a new coach is hired.

The fact that they waited until after the deadline to fire coach Mike makes me think it was strategically done.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Did you already pay for your tickets?

Why should the university refund your money?

Page 73 of 107 FirstFirst ... 63 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 83 ... LastLast