_ _ _ _
Page 72 of 106 FirstFirst ... 62 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 2116

Thread: The 'ending' of the Michael Lotief era

  1. #1421
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post

    I can tell you one thing that I think is in Michael Lotief's best interest as a human being. Admittedly, it's not in the best interest of a disgruntled ex coach seeking vengeance. He needs to apologize to the young women that reported him. That's the only bridge I don't hear anyone talking about. But it's the only one that actually matters in all of this.
    This right here....Coach....you wanna go down as Barry Bonds....or Andy Petite?

  2. #1422
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,027

    Default Re: Softball Program

    Just reported UL will not grant players a release to transfer, everyone will have to sit out a year


  3. #1423
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,337

    Default Re: Softball Program

    Just reported, teams will pay some of our players to sit out a year and get away with it.


  4. #1424
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    9,554
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Softball Program

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Just reported UL will not grant players a release to transfer, everyone will have to sit out a year
    I don't think this is the best path to follow, but it is done. DJ Sanders will graduate soon and head to medical school. So I don't think this will change her decision to not play.

  5. #1425
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Just reported UL will not grant players a release to transfer, everyone will have to sit out a year
    Big mistake.

  6. #1426
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,908

    Default Re: Softball Program

    Source of the report?


  7. #1427
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,027

    Default Re: Softball Program

    http://www.katc.com/story/36788499/u...on-sources-say

    Hopefully they just make them wait till a new coach is installed then let them choose


  8. #1428
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    http://www.katc.com/story/36788499/u...on-sources-say

    Hopefully they just make them wait till a new coach is installed then let them choose
    This is the only thing that makes sense. If they hold the players that want to leave hostage, would further drag this crap out, look awful from a PR standpoint and poison the water for the rest of the team going forward.

  9. #1429
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    This is the only thing that makes sense. If they hold the players that want to leave hostage, would further drag this crap out, look awful from a PR standpoint and poison the water for the rest of the team going forward.
    Part of me says make them honor their commitments....you want to interject in the situation by involving the media, threatening with lawsuits, gonna treat you all as adults and make you accountable... other part of me says take the high road and be done with all parties not in our corner

  10. #1430
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Part of me says make them honor their commitments....you want to interject in the situation by involving the media, threatening with lawsuits, gonna treat you all as adults and make you accountable... other part of me says take the high road and be done with all parties not in our corner
    Gotta ask yourself what benefits the program long term...

  11. #1431
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,337

    Default Re: Softball Program

    Lol. That is not a question we ask.


  12. #1432
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lafayette LA
    Posts
    8,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    ESPN is dumping millions into college baseball and it's getting the best ratings its ever gotten. I think what they're doing seems to be working brother.
    Yes. Working great for ESPN. I couldn't give less of a ____ about the success of ESPN. The tournament would have more integrity if you needed more than 2 pitchers to win a national championship. JMO

  13. #1433
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lafayette LA
    Posts
    8,405

    Default Re: Softball Program

    I don't consider KATC to be a trustworthy source on this issue.

    The girls have to wait until a coach is installed, and the coach will decide. Not sure why KATC expects Maggard to start handing out releases from the AD's office.

    I hope they don't get their releases, even if we never play a softball game over here ever again.

    Nobody's holding anybody hostage. These girls signed a letter of intent to play softball at UL, and they're not honoring their commitment. So be it, but I don't have to make your life easy because you think you ought to pick your coach.

    Welcome to the real world. Time to drink from the water hose, ladies.


  14. #1434
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lafayette, La
    Posts
    809

    Default Re: Softball Program

    Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    I don't consider KATC to be a trustworthy source on this issue.

    The girls have to wait until a coach is installed, and the coach will decide. Not sure why KATC expects Maggard to start handing out releases from the AD's office.

    I hope they don't get their releases, even if we never play a softball game over here ever again.

    Nobody's holding anybody hostage. These girls signed a letter of intent to play softball at UL, and they're not honoring their commitment. So be it, but I don't have to make your life easy because you think you ought to pick your coach.

    Welcome to the real world. Time to drink from the water hose, ladies.
    Its funny you would say that when our program have benefit greatly from schools releasing players that wanted to play at UL. All I want to know is will the school refund our money for season tickets.

  15. #1435
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lafayette LA
    Posts
    8,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Its funny you would say that when our program have benefit greatly from schools releasing players that wanted to play at UL. All I want to know is will the school refund our money for season tickets.
    I'm not saying I'm against releases under any circumstances. I'm saying I'm against these releases under these circumstances.

  16. #1436
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    I don't consider KATC to be a trustworthy source on this issue.

    The girls have to wait until a coach is installed, and the coach will decide. Not sure why KATC expects Maggard to start handing out releases from the AD's office.

    I hope they don't get their releases, even if we never play a softball game over here ever again.

    Nobody's holding anybody hostage. These girls signed a letter of intent to play softball at UL, and they're not honoring their commitment. So be it, but I don't have to make your life easy because you think you ought to pick your coach.

    Welcome to the real world. Time to drink from the water hose, ladies.
    These student athletes are victims of a P.O.S. who was in our employ. They are victims whether they know it yet or not. If they want to go we should let them go. We need to do the right thing by them. Lotief is a P.O.S. Wash our hands of him and move on.

  17. #1437
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    915

    Default Refund for softball season tickets

    Has anyone tried to get a refund for softball season tickets?


  18. #1438
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    9,057

    Default Re: Softball Program

    Quote Originally Posted by Alum77 View Post
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...-ankles-sports This important article from ESPN points out how important a superb player performance staff can be for player safety and performance.Curry's injury setbacks and recovery
    in 2012 surrounding his repeated ankle sprains and surgery are studied by basketball specific performance staff.
    LOL. This is informative, however, a resurrection would suggest that his career was down or dead. We all know that this is not the case. Perhaps it preemptively saved his career but I wouldn't think it resurrected it. I know we are splitting hairs here but I do think its important.

  19. #1439
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    168

    Default Re: Refund for softball season tickets

    Don't you think getting all the softball boosters together and burning an effigy of Dr. Maggard or T Joe would be more satisfactory??

    ....and more likely to happen


  20. #1440
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    9,057

    Default Re: Softball Program

    Quote Originally Posted by Penrod View Post
    These student athletes are victims of a P.O.S. who was in our employ. They are victims whether they know it yet or not. If they want to go we should let them go. We need to do the right thing by them. Lotief is a P.O.S. Wash our hands of him and move on.
    And they defended the P.O.S. you describe and threatened the university with lawsuits. I'm good either way but I can see where they wouldn't automatically grant releases until a new coach is hired.

Page 72 of 106 FirstFirst ... 62 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 82 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •