Thread: Maggard and Nicko

Default Maggard and Nicko

Jay W interviewed him on his program yesterday and I missed. Did anyone listen? Was it substantive on issues that we discuss here or just game day amenities and rules for the fans?

Default Re: Maggard and Nicko

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    Jay W interviewed him on his program yesterday and I missed. Did anyone listen? Was it substantive on issues that we discuss here or just game day amenities and rules for the fans?
    90% of shows archive thier library ... But not him

They spent time discussing the reasons for the new ticket re-entry policy, then spoke about
    what worked and didn't from the Monroe game, then how things would work tonight at the
    stadium....Made it a point to say that Deano's Pizza would be there tonight!

Also they touched on the scheduling process, specific playing guarantees and the differences between football and basketball scheduling. It's on YouTube I'll find it and post it.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

They talked a little about our schedule problems this year such as not having any Saturday home games and 37 days between home games. They have talked to the Commish about these concerns and will discuss them again. I trust those won't be problems next year. Talked about basketball scheduling slightly. They will try to help the staff improve that but don't expect us to be buying home games anytime soon was what I took away from that part. Also working on enhancing the game day experience at the Dome and already thinking about the spring football game. Some time was also spent discussing how they and families are adjusting to life in Lafayette.

Blog Entries

He was shocked that the Sun Belt scheduled UL as bad as it did 2 years in a row. Before yesterday he had though this year was an anomaly.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    ....Talked about basketball scheduling slightly. They will try to help the staff improve that but don't expect us to be buying home games anytime soon was what I took away from that part....
    If a scheduled game will not count as a win with the selection committee, either don't schedule them, or call it what it is, an exhibition, and it should not be part of a season ticket package. Don't make people pay for this BS.

Basketball is not football. There should be no fear of getting destroyed, physically, by a "major" road game. I don't need to see Quadruple Directional State Tech A&M College just to have a home game. Rather we go on the road. Get a check. Gain experience, and maybe put a couple of skins on the wall.

Be honest. Of the many reasons given by schools such as Louisiana for pitiful, pathetic scheduling, the biggest one, and the one never mentioned, is to protect a head coach, usually for contract purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    If a scheduled game will not count as a win with the selection committee, either don't schedule them, or call it what it is, an exhibition, and it should not be part of a season ticket package. Don't make people pay for this BS.

Basketball is not football. There should be no fear of getting destroyed, physically, by a "major" road game. I don't need to see Quadruple Directional State Tech A&M College just to have a home game. Rather we go on the road. Get a check. Gain experience, and maybe put a couple of skins on the wall.

Be honest. Of the many reasons given by schools such as Louisiana for pitiful, pathetic scheduling, the biggest one, and the one never mentioned, is to protect a head coach, usually for contract purposes.
    I would play only one non D1 game rather than 2. I would play an extra money game were I making the schedule. However I don't think the AD will force that policy on the program but I could be wrong there. Note this was only a small part of the interview yesterday. It was wide ranging.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    He was shocked that the Sun Belt scheduled UL as bad as it did 2 years in a row. Before yesterday he had though this year was an anomaly.
    We have been getting short changed on Saturday October games for more than 2 years. It is going on 5 plus. I have been told we have been assured we will not have a week night game next year. I am skeptical of that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I would play only one non D1 game rather than 2. I would play an extra money game were I making the schedule. However I don't think the AD will force that policy on the program but I could be wrong there. Note this was only a small part of the interview yesterday. It was wide ranging.
    Appearance Fee, Appearance Fee.