Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Game week-TXST

RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Game week-TXST

It's amazing how much easier it is to start a work week when your team wins. I don't care who you play.

Not a lot of time to enjoy it, though. Texas State comes in on Thursday night on ESPN-U. Cajuns open as 13.5 home favorites.

Default Re: Game week-TXST

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    It's amazing how much easier it is to start a work week when your team wins. I don't care who you play.
    That is so true! Mondays are usually horrible here at work, but today is all good. hahaha Geaux Cajuns!

Would have been even sweeter had the Astros won yesterday, but I'll take it!

Texas State wins the coin toss and defers till the 2nd half. Calais runs the opening kickoff back for a 102 yard touchdown. It only gets worse for the kitties from there.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

OK, Mitchell is out. We can't run Ragas all night. We need him fresh for stAte.

I say we let the baller, ball. Unleash Nunez and our salty receiving corps. We really need to work the passing game this week and rest the RB's.

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    OK, Mitchell is out. We can't run Ragas all night. We need him fresh for stAte.

I say we let the baller, ball. Unleash Nunez and our salty receiving corps. We really need to work the passing game this week and rest the RB's.
    Ragas, Hoggins, Calais, Wright. We're still deep back there. All 4 are capable.

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Agree. But I also agree that we can lean a little heavier on our excellent receiver corps. The reality of it is... even with Mitchell out... it probably doesn't change the play calling situation.

In the previous 4 meeting our OL has manhandled Texas States DL...get the young RB's some work. The passing game should be there when we want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    In the previous 4 meeting our OL has manhandled Texas States DL...get the young RB's some work. The passing game should be there when we want it.
    Would love to see Calais used more out of the backfield, maybe as a traditional flanker. Jet sweeps, screens and draws. He just seems to be too talented to not be playing more minutes. I hope that he doesn't get frustrated with his current playing time and ends up transferring out.

RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

If you have to have a position guy miss some time, running back may be the best place because of the depth. We shouldn't need Mitchell to beat TXST. I hope he's okay, though.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginEsquire06 View Post
    Would love to see Calais used more out of the backfield, maybe as a traditional flanker. Jet sweeps, screens and draws. He just seems to be too talented to not be playing more minutes. I hope that he doesn't get frustrated with his current playing time and ends up transferring out.
    Havent seen a jet sweep since Al Riles, I think. Calais would be a natural.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    I agree R4U. It's behooving to me why the coaches haven't made this adjustment. The pound em until the RB breaks has been so mundane and predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    That's what I was thinkibg. Perfect opportunity to give those other guys some touches. Bet they don't dissapoint.

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    If you have to have a position guy miss some time, running back may be the best place because of the depth. We shouldn't need Mitchell to beat TXST. I hope he's okay, though.
    True.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RaginEsquire06 View Post
    Agree.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Correct.

Send an email to the OC and suggest that. Who knows, he might give it serious consideration.

Blog Entries

We didn't run a single Jet Sweep last week, even with a healthy Malone. I'm a little surprised by that fact, considering it has been a staple in Hall's offenses before he arrived here at UL.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    We didn't run a single Jet Sweep last week, even with a healthy Malone. I'm a little surprised by that fact, considering it has been a staple in Hall's offenses before he arrived here at UL.
    Absolutely. With the shiftiness and pure speed of Malone and Calais, it's a potential six points everytime they touch the ball. Defense stacks the box to stop Ragas, fake handoff...next, the big screen shows the defense in Calais's rearview.

I also would enjoy some jet sweeps....😃

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast