_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: OT, for the my friends

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,926

    Default OT, for the my friends

    I know this is not directly related to UL sports, but I have been around this forum for a long time, so maybe you can allow me this one off topic item.

    Some of the people on here are personal friends of mine. I have been living away from Lafayette for about 7 years now. We currently reside near Fort Worth.

    I am preparing to retire in a couple of years. In order to be near my grandkids, we have decided to retire in the Acadiana area. We have searched for property for a year or so and we finally found our place. We recently purchased a 1.22 Acre lot near Opelousas in a subdivision on 182. The lots in this neighborhood are similar size to ours so it is a very nice place to build a house.

    So anyway, in a couple of years, we expect to build our dream retirement home and we will be back in the area. We are very excited and we can't wait to start construction on our house. Hopefully I will be back at a lot of basketball, baseball and football games around Cajunland.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,491

    Default Re: OT, for the my friends

    Welcome home


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,713

    Default Re: OT, for the my friends

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Welcome home
    Yep.

  4. #4
    BeauCajun's Avatar
    BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Erath, La.
    Posts
    6,893

    Default Re: OT, for the my friends

    Nice to have you back soon.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    713

    Default Re: OT, for the my friends

    It will be nice for you to be able to drive to games on a regular basis. Hope to see you soon.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    3,148

    Default Re: OT, for the my friends

    Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    I know this is not directly related to UL sports, but I have been around this forum for a long time, so maybe you can allow me this one off topic item.

    Some of the people on here are personal friends of mine. I have been living away from Lafayette for about 7 years now. We currently reside near Fort Worth.

    I am preparing to retire in a couple of years. In order to be near my grandkids, we have decided to retire in the Acadiana area. We have searched for property for a year or so and we finally found our place. We recently purchased a 1.22 Acre lot near Opelousas in a subdivision on 182. The lots in this neighborhood are similar size to ours so it is a very nice place to build a house.

    So anyway, in a couple of years, we expect to build our dream retirement home and we will be back in the area. We are very excited and we can't wait to start construction on our house. Hopefully I will be back at a lot of basketball, baseball and football games around Cajunland.
    Have you checked to see if it is a regulated flood zone?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,926

    Default Re: OT, for the my friends

    Thanks, yes we did. We bought a lot on a ridge that is elevation of 50 ft and is not in a flood plain. The property has a gentle slope to the rear and a pond at the very back. It already has a big house pad in the front of the property. It did not flood last year when they had the floods in Lafayette.


  8. #8
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,508

    Default Re: OT, for the my friends

    I grew up in Opelousas Fish. I'm sure it's changed a lot since I left for lafayette. My memories it had a great city park, actually two. Friendly town. Kind of a cross culture of cajuns, creoles, Texans, and north Louisiana folks.


  9. #9
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,777

    Default Re: OT, for the my friends

    Welcome back, Fish. We have missed you these last few years.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    3,148

    Default Re: OT, for the my friends

    Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Thanks, yes we did. We bought a lot on a ridge that is elevation of 50 ft and is not in a flood plain. The property has a gentle slope to the rear and a pond at the very back. It already has a big house pad in the front of the property. It did not flood last year when they had the floods in Lafayette.
    Right answer. Good luck.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,686
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: OT, for the my friends

    Do you still have that Corvette for the new garage?


  12. #12
    Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,682

    Default Re: OT, for the my friends

    Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    I know this is not directly related to UL sports, but I have been around this forum for a long time, so maybe you can allow me this one off topic item.

    Some of the people on here are personal friends of mine. I have been living away from Lafayette for about 7 years now. We currently reside near Fort Worth.

    I am preparing to retire in a couple of years. In order to be near my grandkids, we have decided to retire in the Acadiana area. We have searched for property for a year or so and we finally found our place. We recently purchased a 1.22 Acre lot near Opelousas in a subdivision on 182. The lots in this neighborhood are similar size to ours so it is a very nice place to build a house.

    So anyway, in a couple of years, we expect to build our dream retirement home and we will be back in the area. We are very excited and we can't wait to start construction on our house. Hopefully I will be back at a lot of basketball, baseball and football games around Cajunland.
    Fish, while you are a couple of weeks away from retirement, I am a couple of weeks away. I may make a few more Cajun away games when that time comes but I am looking forward to seeing you more frequently when your day to hang it up comes. You are one of the classiest Cajun fans I have ever met.

  13. #13
    BeauCajun's Avatar
    BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Erath, La.
    Posts
    6,893

    Default Re: OT, for the my friends

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Fish, while you are a couple of weeks away from retirement, I am a couple of weeks away. I may make a few more Cajun away games when that time comes but I am looking forward to seeing you more frequently when your day to hang it up comes. You are one of the classiest Cajun fans I have ever met.
    Congrats to you too Mike. You must have pretty close to 40 years?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,926

    Default Re: OT, for the my friends

    I have 2 of them, a 1972 (the year I got my drivers license) and a 2016 bright red convertible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Do you still have that Corvette for the new garage?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,926

    Default Re: OT, for the my friends

    We are actually on the outskirts of Opelousas. It is a small subdivision but very nice and well kept.

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I grew up in Opelousas Fish. I'm sure it's changed a lot since I left for lafayette. My memories it had a great city park, actually two. Friendly town. Kind of a cross culture of cajuns, creoles, Texans, and north Louisiana folks.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,926

    Default Re: OT, for the my friends

    Thanks for the kind words Mike, and congratulation on your retirement. I could retire earlier, but the longer I work the better my retirement will be. I am also enjoying my current gig, using my experience to train young Engineers and Specialists. I am however starting to get anxious. The other day when my boss asked me to go to Australia at the end of the month, I thought... maybe now is a good time.

    Then I thought better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Fish, while you are a couple of weeks away from retirement, I am a couple of weeks away. I may make a few more Cajun away games when that time comes but I am looking forward to seeing you more frequently when your day to hang it up comes. You are one of the classiest Cajun fans I have ever met.

  17. #17
    Zeebart21's Avatar
    Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    17,776

    Default Re: OT, for the my friends

    Way to go Mike and Don aka Fish.. Congrats on the retirement, fellas!!!


    Z


  18. #18
    Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,682

    Default Re: OT, for the my friends

    Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Congrats to you too Mike. You must have pretty close to 40 years?
    When I am done, I will have 39 yeaars, three months, and 12 days. That will be on October 25. Due to the Warn Act, I stay on the payroll till the end of the year and get severance in 2018. I am incredibly blessed. Therefore, as the years go by I try to appreciate and enjoy every day regardless of how the Cajuns do.

  19. #19

    Default Re: OT, for the my friends

    Welcome back, Don!


  20. #20
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    19,343

    Default Re: OT, for the my friends

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    When I am done, I will have 39 yeaars, three months, and 12 days. That will be on October 25. Due to the Warn Act, I stay on the payroll till the end of the year and get severance in 2018. I am incredibly blessed. Therefore, as the years go by I try to appreciate and enjoy every day regardless of how the Cajuns do.
    .......thinking you are a Texaco dude, I remember the ...."you can trust your car to the man who wears the star, the big bright Texaco star"....well pretty close!!! Lol congrats!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •