Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Athletics Re-Entry Policy for 2018

1. Default Louisiana Athletics Re-Entry Policy for 2018

Aligning with national security standards at the majority of NCAA Division I venues, the University of Louisiana will implement a re-entry policy for all Ragin' Cajuns Athletics ticketed events effective Jan. 1, 2018.

Following best practices recommended by law enforcement agencies, fans will not be able to leave a sports facility and return using a previously scanned ticket.

"Limiting re-entry is a best practice that helps mitigate an array of security threats," UL Public Safety Director Joey Sturm said.

"This policy is another way to help provide a safe environment for our fans and the campus community."

The policy matches the existing protocol in place at the Cajundome since its opening in 1985.

Similar policies are enforced at most major college and professional sporting events around the country including all SEC, AAC, NFL and NBA events, and the majority of ACC and Big Ten events.

In August 2017, the University implemented a clear bag policy for Ragin' Cajuns Athletics events. Each ticket holder, including children, may carry one approved clear bag, such as a one-gallon storage bag, plus a small purse. Visit www.RaginCajuns.com/ClearBag for more information.

The re-entry and clear bag policies are part of the best practices set by the National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security and by the Department of Homeland Security.

Visit www.RaginCajuns.com/ReEntryFAQ for more information

Louisiana.edu

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Any thoughts on this:

Starting in 2018, anyone leaving a Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Athletics ticketed event must have an unscanned new ticket to return to the event. The new policy is part of best practices for safety.

No going to the tent or RV at half time for a gold one. If you plan on returning better be prepared with a new ticket.

This might be old news, I just saw it on face book.....

Default Re: Any thoughts on this:

So just like events at other programs we aspire to be compared with.

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Revenue producing idea. I like it.

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

This has been common practice for all of this century and most of the last one at nearly every college and professional sporting venue in the country. It is about time we get within 75 years of the rest of FBS in something.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Louisiana Athletics Re-Entry Policy for 2018

But that's not how we did things. 😂😂😂

Frankly I don't see a problem with the old policy. You've still got to have a clear bag for re-entry ticket or not. IMO more about revenue than anything else, yet safety is the sole issue mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    But that's not how we did things. 😂😂😂

Frankly I don't see a problem with the old policy. You've still got to have a clear bag for re-entry ticket or not. IMO more about revenue than anything else, yet safety is the sole issue mentioned.
    Basketball has this policy I don't like it but i understand why it was implemented

I don't normally leave the game and I'm fine with the policy, but there are times when "**** happens" and you need to run to your car or it starts raining and you want to huddle under a tent with your small kids until it passes.

I just hope they have some common sense with this policy.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I don't normally leave the game and I'm fine with the policy, but there are times when "**** happens" and you need to run to your car or it starts raining and you want to huddle under a tent with your small kids until it passes.

Plenty of places in the stadium to "huddle under" and all of them are closer than running anywhere outside. You prepare to go in the game knowing you can't leave and go back in without a new ticket...just like everywhere else. "____ happens" everywhere, not just at cajun field. A rule is a rule, not just when it's convenient.

I honestly couldn't care less about this. When I go to an event, I'm there until it's over or until I'm ready to leave. There are no "let me sneak out into the parking lot for halftime" moments in my life. I'm sure this change in policy, just like every other change in policy, will bring out some sour reactions from some people. But suck it up. This is common in the rest of revenue-producing collegiate sports.

I made a few quick pop outs of the Tigue this past season to check on some food on the smoker during the 2 pm games. Guess I'll just have to get a better wireless thermometer then!

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

After the initial entry I don't think there is a large group of folks who enter or exit so I don't understand the need for the rule. Those that leave would be asked if you are coming back again. If it's yes, they "unscan" you ticket and when you come back in you have to be treated just like other folks who are entering for the first time. I don't see an issue of why this was changed.

Welcome to big time college athletics folks.

Thank you Dr. Maggard

"Maggard doing work!"

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    I honestly couldn't care less about this. When I go to an event, I'm there until it's over or until I'm ready to leave. There are no "let me sneak out into the parking lot for halftime" moments in my life. I'm sure this change in policy, just like every other change in policy, will bring out some sour reactions from some people. But suck it up. This is common in the rest of revenue-producing collegiate sports.
    I agree!

Again, what are the policies of those schools we aspire to be compared to?

If UofH or Eastern Carolina doesn't allow re-entry so that someone can go grab BBQ and a beer from their tent rather than pay for it at the stadium, why should UL.

Yes, the driver of this policy is revenue. Why not?

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post

If UofH or Eastern Carolina doesn't allow re-entry so that someone can go grab BBQ and a beer from their tent rather than pay for it at the stadium, why should UL.

No doubt that's a fair reason. Then man up and quit saying it's all about security.

What is intriguing is that there is a National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Plenty of places in the stadium to "huddle under" and all of them are closer than running anywhere outside. You prepare to go in the game knowing you can't leave and go back in without a new ticket...just like everywhere else. "____ happens" everywhere, not just at cajun field. A rule is a rule, not just when it's convenient.
    You sound like a kindergarten teacher. Yes, rule is a rule. Thanks for that wonderful lecture. But once you get out of kindergarten you learn a little nuance and realize that sometimes rules can and should be broken. Police officers, judges, and even kindergarten teachers let people slide on the rules every single day.

And, no, I can assure you there is definitely not enough room for everyone to find cover at Cajun Field. Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post

Like I said I have absolutely no problem with the rule. I just hope they enforce it with common sense.

Yeah, don't let the guy who leaves at halftime to grab a beer and BBQ back in. But if his little kid ____s his pants in the first quarter maybe you should scan him out so he can change the kids clothes and rejoin his family so they can all enjoy the rest of the game they paid $100 to see.

You sound like a kindergarten teacher. Yes, rule is a rule. Thanks for that wonderful lecture. But once you get out of kindergarten you learn a little nuance and realize that sometimes rules can and should be broken. Police officers, judges, and even kindergarten teachers let people slide on the rules every single day.

And, no, I can assure you there is definitely not enough room for everyone to find cover at Cajun Field. Not even close.
    So the people at the gate gets to decide who breaks the rule and when? Yeah that's not a giant clusterphk..getting them to actually scan tickets is a task. And no, that's the f'n problem with people today...everyone thinks the rules are for everyone but them. If it's raining that bad the stadium is empty to begin with. There is plenty of room for everyone who will be at a rain game on upper and lower concourse. If it's raining that hard you aren't going to stay dry running to your tent. This is long overdue, don't want to be a high school program stop acting like one. This will help hold the crowd and increase revenue. Typical...trying to take the worst case scenario that happens less than 1 percent of the time and make that the basis of the rule for all. Bring your kids shtty pants to an event staff and I'm sure they will accommodate you. If your kid ____s his pants all the time bring him underwear or put them back in diapers. Is the Cajuns games the only place you bring then? Because everywhere else has this rule.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast