Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs Idaho

Blog Entries

Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs Idaho

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Really! That was poor coaching.
    It was stupid going to a 7 step drop the way our line blocks on the edges. We almost shot ourselves in the foot with the second half play calling. But it is nice to get a "W"!

Credit where credit is due - tough road trip but got a W. D looked better

RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    Credit where credit is due - tough road trip but got a W. D looked better
    That team basically stomped us last year for OUR homecoming. We returned the favor for theirs. It's a good day.

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Just the way Mitchell left the field... it didn't appear to be a bad ankle sprain... but that's no way to know. I thought we played well with Nunez taking snaps... with the exception of some bad play calling down the stretch (we needed to kill clock and keep a drive alive... but we chose to go for long shot long balls).

I agree with T that we don't block the edge rushers well. For any coach out there... you make edge rushers pay for that... you don't keep dropping back. Quick drop and fire... roll out... but don't just keep believing we can do something we can't. And our receivers need to be taught that once the QB gets chased... come back to him. Nunez is elusive enough to get the ball to you. But you don't just keep running out the back end of a route.

Ragas and Malone are studs. If our staff doesn't know what to do with Ragas in the backfield, Malone in the slot, and all of those tall receivers... and Nunez... they're not worth squat. We should be piling on the points.

Lastly, the defense played quite well. Idaho may not be world beaters... but despite their coaching going brain dead yesterday... they do have some weapons. I was impressed all around with our defense. They played 60 minutes of hustle. I think they tasted some success and liked it. I hope that carries on.

Hope ragas isn't too beat up either

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Flcajun View Post
    If hud is reading this...put in a fake snap count. Idaho was in the back field most of the second half.
    It's not Hud's job to create a fake snap count, it's the QB. All he has to do is inform the offense what's he going to do on the count.

Blog Entries

One thing is for sure. NUNEZ reminds me of a smaller version of Randal Cunningham. I cant say enough about him and raging bull RAGAS!!

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    One thing is for sure. NUNEZ reminds me of a smaller version of Randal Cunningham. I cant say enough about him and raging bull RAGAS!!
    I sure hope Mitchell can take a short break to heal, and keep our options wide open. Mitchell and Ragas almost give us a Zo/Eli punch. Hoggins is also no slouch. If our OL keeps healthy and learning, this could be one of the best offenses ever. Our WRs are studs. I see some signs of intelligent plays and play calling. Not recognizing we can't pick up edge rushers worried me. And that 6 minute mark drive that all of a sudden went into "stop burning clock and moving the chains... let's just throw it at the end zone" nonsense has to stop. But overall, Hall is running a good plan.

Defense - much much improved yesterday. It could be a one time deal... but I liked the effort. They never let up... and it got in Petrino's head. Loved it.

Does Idaho put a plane back in the hanger after the game?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    Yes. That dome so to speak looks like a air force jet hangar

RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

It's got to be one of the mort unique venues in college football. I'd like to see a game there. It's got to be nice in there during the winter.

No joke! The goal posts coming out of the wall was just weird.

T-The play calling in the 2nd half was not good, right? It seemed like we went away from Ragas between the tackles to trying to get him on the edge. I get that they will load the box but our strength seems to be running tackle to tackle, not 7 step drops. Play calling on the last drive that ended with the missed FG could have cost is the game.
    Also, its hard to tell without seeing the All-22 but did Idaho go from mostly zone to mostly man in the 2nd? Didn't seem like we had many short to intermediate routes open in the 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    It's got to be one of the mort unique venues in college football. I'd like to see a game there. It's got to be nice in there during the winter.
    And there's a net ,to catch balls on field goals and extra points, behind the goals posts and in front of the wall.

Blog Entries

That is a weird looking stadium.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    That is a weird looking stadium.
    That weird looking stadium was full of fans.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    That weird looking stadium was full of fans.
    All 14k of them..... color me envious

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    All 14k of them..... color me envious
    .....Not many in the country have an indoor facility to practice in which helps preparation of having to play in their indoor facility!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .....Not many in the country have an indoor facility to practice in which helps preparation of having to play in their indoor facility!!!
    So, how does this relate to crowd size?

Credit where credit is due.
    Players executed and played hard.

Coaches tried to give it away in the 4th but the adjustments made on defense ended up being the difference IMO. Also like Nunez' confidence and Cajun Oline had some real nice moments. For all the negativity about recruiting (all justified), we hit two grand slams with Raggas and Mitchell.

The play calling down the stretch was criminal. You have backs ripping off 6 yards a carry and you throw the ball on 2 straight possessions to try and close it? Absolutely ridiculous. Glad the guys were able to overcome that.

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    So, how does this relate to crowd size?
    ,,,,,,,,Wasn't meant to....only the advantage whether psychological or not to have prepared in a similar venue!!!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast