Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 273

Thread: Ugh, I mean just...UGH!!!

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    4,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Those are perfectly fine with him. You will never hear him speak out about those, just those wackadoodle religious institutions. 🚻
    I can obviously speak for myself, thanks.

    I don't have a clue what he means by "teaching more than two genders." Biologically speaking, no matter how you want to measure gender, not everyone fits neatly into two male and female boxes. Some people have both parts down there. Some people have female parts but male levels of testosterone. Some people have "male" chromosomes and "female" chromosomes.

    So I'm honestly not sure what he means by that, because technically it is correct to say there are more than two possible genders.

    I had no idea y'all were so interested in biology.

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,530
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Ugh, I mean just...UGH!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Serious question. If you determine gender by chromosomes, what gender is a person whose genetic makeup is XO, XXX, XYY or XXY?

    .
    Does every mixmatch abnormallity of chromosomes create a new gender?

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,683

    Default Re: Ugh, I mean just...UGH!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I can obviously speak for myself, thanks.

    I don't have a clue what he means by "teaching more than two genders." Biologically speaking, no matter how you want to measure gender, not everyone fits neatly into two male and female boxes. Some people have both parts down there. Some people have female parts but male levels of testosterone. Some people have "male" chromosomes and "female" chromosomes.

    So I'm honestly not sure what he means by that, because technically it is correct to say there are more than two possible genders.

    I had no idea y'all were so interested in biology.
    There are males and females. There are biological abnormalities contained within both. To accept or teach that there are dozens upon dozens of actual genders is insanity, at least at the level of teaching that the earth is 6000 years old. Hell this character thinks varying levels of testosterone constitutes a gender variation. Good grief.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,530
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Ugh, I mean just...UGH!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post

    So I'm honestly not sure what he means by that, because technically it is correct to say there are more than two possible genders.
    No there are not, gender is defined by reproductive role. If I cannot have kids am I a new gender?

    Non traditional does not require a new gender.

    When did designated gender become this pearl in biology while in language we have to speak genderless?

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    4,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    My claim is that it is that you are suggesting we use something besides athletic standing to choose a football opponent. In this case you are suggesting that their views on creation are so out of wack that we shouldn't associate our university with the school. I'm saying that that could be applied all sorts of ways. FOR INSTANCE we could say that the University of California won't allow honest debate on campus...no football, you guys are totalitarians. Or we won't play ANY public schools from California because the state passes unconstitutional laws restricting freedom. We don't want to be associated with that.

    OR we could pick our football opponents from the pool of NCAA approved member schools based on how they can help our program grow. Now on that basis, I don't particularly want to play Liberty. But to not want to play them because of some foolish theories being taught....that's a pretty slippery slope.
    To be clear, I never said we shouldn't play them. I'm fine with playing them. I said university presidents don't want them in their conferences because of their wackadoodle beliefs. (Yes, it is fun to say wackadoodle.)

    Does the University of California (the institution) really not allow free speech on campus? From this quick google search they seem to have a clear policy on allowing it. http://sa.berkeley.edu/free-speech

    And you still haven't explained to me which university lobbied the ca legislature to unconstitutionally throw people in jail for saying the wrong pronoun.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,530
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Ugh, I mean just...UGH!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post

    And you still haven't explained to me which university lobbied the ca legislature to unconstitutionally throw people in jail for saying the wrong pronoun.
    So are you saying Liberty is lobbying the legislature for curriculum teaching 6,000 years

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    4,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    There are males and females. There are biological abnormalities contained within both. To accept or teach that there are dozens upon dozens of actual genders is insanity, at least at the level of teaching that the earth is 6000 years old. Hell this character thinks varying levels of testosterone constitutes a gender variation. Good grief.
    Which university teaches there are dozens of genders?

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,530
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Ugh, I mean just...UGH!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Which university teaches there are dozens of genders?
    Every University that has a student leaving with the formulaic question

    "If you determine gender by chromosomes, what gender is a person whose genetic makeup is XO, XXX, XYY or XXY?"

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,683

    Default Re: Ugh, I mean just...UGH!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Which university teaches there are dozens of genders?
    Maybe dozens isn't right.

    From this university, found with a 5 second google search, I suppose we could extrapolate an infinite amount....considering I get to assign it to myself.

    https://cft.vanderbilt.edu/teaching-...ity-classroom/

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Flagship-Land
    Posts
    472

    Default Re: Ugh, I mean just...UGH!!!

    Football is played by a group of guys called teams. In football, the offense tries to score touchdowns by running or passing, while the defense tries to stop them. Occasionally a player—who looks unlike the other players in size—comes out and kicks the ball.

    Apparently liberty has a group of guys who play football.

    Sounds pretty simple.


  11. #191
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,683

    Default Re: Ugh, I mean just...UGH!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by bmv90 View Post
    Football is played by a group of guys called teams. In football, the offense tries to score touchdowns by running or passing, while the defense tries to stop them. Occasionally a player—who looks unlike the other players in size—comes out and kicks the ball.

    Apparently liberty has a group of guys who play football.

    Sounds pretty simple.
    But what do they think about the division of cells during the m phase? Shouldn't we examine if they believe in the correct number of pronouns before we decide to play them in football?

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Flagship-Land
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    But what do they think about the division of cells during the m phase? Shouldn't we examine if they believe in the correct number of pronouns before we decide to play them in football?
    As long as they have 11 able bodies to line up on the other side of the pig skin, I don't care what sex organs or chromosomes or gender or gender identity, etc they have or believe in. They can believe in Alla, Mohammad, Jesus, Cupid, Easter Bunny, Kermit the Frog, etc.

    Let's play football.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,273
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Ugh, I mean just...UGH!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I can obviously speak for myself, thanks.

    I don't have a clue what he means by "teaching more than two genders." Biologically speaking, no matter how you want to measure gender, not everyone fits neatly into two male and female boxes. Some people have both parts down there. Some people have female parts but male levels of testosterone. Some people have "male" chromosomes and "female" chromosomes.

    So I'm honestly not sure what he means by that, because technically it is correct to say there are more than two possible genders.

    I had no idea y'all were so interested in biology.
    Sorry, Science says Sex chromosomes do not change over the course of medical transition for a transgender person. Male and Female chromosomes do not change, they will always remain the same in a human's body. If a person is born with both, you will still have a prominent chromosomes that identifies the actual sex. Changing how one identities sexually doesn't change science. So no, Science doesn't say it is technically correct to say there are more than two genders period.

    Just to be clear, Science supports man caused climate change period. No debate needed. Science supports only two sexes exist in Humans, that has never changed. I'm not sure because a person can have both.

    Okay, I got it!

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    4,975

    Default Re: Ugh, I mean just...UGH!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by bmv90 View Post
    As long as they have 11 able bodies to line up on the other side of the pig skin, I don't care what sex organs or chromosomes or gender or gender identity, etc they have or believe in. They can believe in Alla, Mohammad, Jesus, Cupid, Easter Bunny, Kermit the Frog, etc.

    Let's play football.
    But can they kneel for the National Anthem?

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,530
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Ugh, I mean just...UGH!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    But can they kneel for the National Anthem?
    Every football player and fan knows you only kneel when the clock is winding down. ;:

  16. #196
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    4,975

    Default Re: Ugh, I mean just...UGH!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Maybe dozens isn't right.

    From this university, found with a 5 second google search, I suppose we could extrapolate an infinite amount....considering I get to assign it to myself.

    https://cft.vanderbilt.edu/teaching-...ity-classroom/
    This seems to be a paper talking about best practices when dealing with gender identity issues.

    I don't think it says anything about teaching students that there are more than two genders.

    Look, I've gone way farther with this than I ever intended to. I'm just going to say that there are a lot of people who make their living over-dramatizing stories to create controversy on cable media shows and on the internet. They have learned that stoking controversy and anger is what really drives people to watch their shows. I feel like you may have learned about this particular issue from watching one of those types of shows.

  17. #197
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    4,975

    Default Re: Ugh, I mean just...UGH!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Sorry, Science says Sex chromosomes do not change over the course of medical transition for a transgender person. Male and Female chromosomes do not change, they will always remain the same in a human's body. If a person is born with both, you will still have a prominent chromosomes that identifies the actual sex. Changing how one identities sexually doesn't change science. So no, Science doesn't say it is technically correct to say there are more than two genders period.

    Just to be clear, Science supports man caused climate change period. No debate needed. Science supports only two sexes exist in Humans, that has never changed. I'm not sure because a person can have both.

    Okay, I got it!
    Bless your heart.

  18. #198
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    15,014
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Ugh, I mean just...UGH!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Ideally, students leave school with the ability to think, not just blindly follow the pack. Ideally, they learn that others have their own ideas and they can discuss those ideas without being called libtard, GOPazi, snowflake, etc. Ideally, they leave understanding that if your argument begins with denigration, you've already lost. Ideally, they graduate equipped to make the world a better place than the one they entered, for everyone. Ideally.
    That really sounds good, 4U. Having said "Ideally..." to open every sentence (and close the post) is akin to starting a sentence with "To tell the truth..."... and we all know to be skeptical of what usually follows.

    Do I believe U.S. colleges and universities believe this is what they do... or attempt to do? Yes. But what they actually do is separate young minds from the traditional packs they were exposed to... and guide them toward packs that academia believes societal packs belong.

    That said... I have not witnessed the benefits of this process called "critical thinking". I've seen less and less of an ability in young graduates to think critically. In fact, for you to state that part of the institutional education process is to remove denigrating others, I see quite the opposite. Polarization and divisiveness are at an all time high. And it appears the incubator is the public education system. The adults in that system are responsible. You could couple that with the collapse in American family culture... but due to the fact when those facts are explored openly... academia denies it... so that ultimately makes them responsible for the entire failed status.

  19. #199
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,273
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Ugh, I mean just...UGH!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Bless your heart.
    Bless you as well.

    So about those wackadoodle's that don't believe in science?

  20. #200
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    15,014
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Ugh, I mean just...UGH!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    But can they kneel for the National Anthem?
    No! Unless they're wearing a t-shirt that says, "Jesus had a pet Triceratops". Those guys can kneel.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •