Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Scott Farmer Takes AD Position

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Scott Farmer Takes AD Position

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    It's a straight up boomtown over there. But I don't think UTPB is destined for anything special. It's a small school, and I've never been to a place with less hometown pride than Midland-Odessa. Nobody wants to be there. Nobody cares about creating a community there.
    I am sure that lack of community feeling is best illustrated by the fact that Odessa Permian has averaged over 20,000/game in home football attendance virtually every year since 1965. Sarcasm off

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I am sure that lack of community feeling is best illustrated by the fact that Odessa Permian has averaged over 20,000/game in home football attendance virtually every year since 1965. Sarcasm off
    My cousin went to that school and she said it was a circus.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

The stadium the high schools play seats about 18000 with a turf field. When I looked up the stadium online it looks like it cost $6.6M in 1982. It appeared similar to Cajun Field in that the playing field appeared to be below ground level.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: Scott Farmer Takes AD Position

Is there, literally, anything else to do there on a Friday night, or a Saturday for that matter?

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Is there, literally, anything else to do there on a Friday night, or a Saturday for that matter?
    Midland-Odessa metro area is maybe 300k, so there are other options, including a number of museums.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    The stadium the high schools play seats about 18000 with a turf field. When I looked up the stadium online it looks like it cost $6.6M in 1982. It appeared similar to Cajun Field in that the playing field appeared to be below ground level.
    Been to that high school stadium for a Friday night game. Very, very nice, even for TX standards. I believe that is where Varsity Blues was filmed or where the story was based from.

Blog Entries

It's really not that bad of a town. Has grown a lot since I first visited in 2011. Have not been back since the most recent boom.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Been to that high school stadium for a Friday night game. Very, very nice, even for TX standards. I believe that is where Varsity Blues was filmed or where the story was based from.
    It was actually Friday Night Lights that was based from. I actually read the book a long time before the movie was ever into production. Great read especially knowing it was non-fiction.

Blog Entries

So.....if Farmer gets his new University into CUSA or other FBS conference while Cajuns are still in Sunbelt how much popcorn would it take to watch the RP meltdown?

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Midland-Odessa metro area is maybe 300k, so there are other options, including a number of museums.
    Early in my life I spent a month in Kansas City. Despite what the song says, there aren't crazy little women there, and the place shuts down when the sun goes down. So my evaluation of that part of Texas remains unchanged by popoulation.

Blog Entries

Early in my life I spent a month in Kansas City. Despite what the song says, there aren't crazy little women there, and the place shuts down when the sun goes down. So my evaluation of that part of Texas remains unchanged by popoulation.
    Kansas City, TX? Can't find that one on Google Maps.

Either way, how long has it been since you visited there "early in your life?" I have had many a fun, and Late, nights in west TX in the last 6 year's. If you are saying that a change in population doesn't change the atmosphere or night life in a city I have to disagree.

I have had many a fun, and Late, nights in west TX
    Man, me too! Too many.

Bubba 33's and the Rockhounds.. Several top notch movie theatres.
    That's about it..

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Just wanted to give Scott a clue of what he'll see during his drive from Austin to Odessa....

Well they do have one of the last remaining drive in movie theaters in the country.

Louisiana Re: Scott Farmer Takes AD Position

Kansas City, TX? Can't find that one on Google Maps.

Either way, how long has it been since you visited there "early in your life?" I have had many a fun, and Late, nights in west TX in the last 6 year's. If you are saying that a change in population doesn't change the atmosphere or night life in a city I have to disagree.
    Kansas City, Mo. metro 2.1 million, downtown dead at 5:30 PM. Population absolutely isn't what creates excitement. Lafayette is a prime example of a vibrant city with a small population. It was rocking in the sixties with about a third the current population.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

So.....if Farmer gets his new University into CUSA or other FBS conference while Cajuns are still in Sunbelt how much popcorn would it take to watch the RP meltdown?
    They don't make that much corn.

People Advertiser Former UL athletic director Farmer lands new job

Former UL athletic director Scott Farmer has been hired by an NCAA Division II in Texas

Best things about KC is Chiefs, Royals, and barbeque; and they are home to Masterpiece. Only night life, which was only average, is in the part of town called Westworld or something to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunPride View Post
    Best things about KC is Chiefs, Royals, and barbeque; and they are home to Masterpiece. Only night life, which was only average, is in the part of town called Westworld or something to that effect.
    Westport. A little bit in Power & Light district, too. And there's a shooting there seemingly every weekend. But yes. The city is dead after dark. Not even the fast-food joints stay open late up here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4