Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: OT: A college basketball bribery scandal is expected to lead to arrests of 10 people

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: OT: A college basketball bribery scandal is expected to lead to arrests of 10 people

Default Re: OT: A college basketball bribery scandal is expected to lead to arrests of 10 people

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post

Shots fired..
    Nike going down too..
    Maybe this thing takes them all down..

Too funny not to post

Just to clarify, why is fbi just involved in basketball, rangerovers are still legal in football?

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    Just to clarify, why is fbi just involved in basketball, rangerovers are still legal in football?
    Boosters buying an athlete a car is against the NCAA it's not against the law...unlike bribery for profit.

In 2014 Pitino made the comments below.... ironic.

"What I personally don't like (is) I can't recruit a kid because he wears Nike on the AAU circuit," Pitino said. "I had never heard of such a thing and it's happening in our world. Or, he's on the Adidas circuit, so the Nike schools don't want him." Pitino then added it's a very tough situation to address "because our pockets are lined with their money."

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    It probably wasn't a deliberate nvestigation. I would almost bet that it started with a fraud investigation and it spiraled into this.

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    In 2014 Pitino made the comments below.... ironic.

"What I personally don't like (is) I can't recruit a kid because he wears Nike on the AAU circuit," Pitino said. "I had never heard of such a thing and it's happening in our world. Or, he's on the Adidas circuit, so the Nike schools don't want him." Pitino then added it's a very tough situation to address "because our pockets are lined with their money."
    He will be a scapegoat. I like Pitino and Calipari, but man do I want to see the elites crumble.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    UofL owes him $44 mill as of now
    They will not pay that as they will say he was fired for cause.

MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

If it hasn't been mention yet, Tricky Pitino got fired today. Just announced on FOX news........

Blog Entries

If they are doing this you don't think they are at least trying to put a few refs in their pockets?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    If they are doing this you don't think they are at least trying to put a few refs in their pockets?
    Done already, one of the people charged was....
    Rashan Michael: Founder/operator of a clothing company based in Atlanta and a former NBA and college referee. Best known for being punched by Dominique Wilkins a few years ago

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I would have never thought that Adidas was a uniform supplier to big schools like that. I would have thought Under Armor or Nike. Usually I think of Adidas as suppliers to smaller schools like us.
    Adidas is the #2 clothing company in the world and they sponsor some of the biggest pro players and teams in the world. And they are eating Nike's lunch right now as far as popularity is concerned.

https://qz.com/1088069/nike-nke-stoc...und-to-a-halt/

Pay no attention to the people who tried to say adidas was some garbage brand. We're with an elite brand.

Seems ncaa could have nipped this in the bud decades ago. It was a violation for florida st players to get shoes but every school gets seemingly unlimited shoes now! Also why are the youth players in these aau leagues given free shoes, why is that not a violation right there for impermissabke benefit. In travel baseball i dont think players are given free spikes and gloves, if anything most have to spend more of parents money to buy certain ones, why the different treatment of different sports?

It is another example of those who dont want to enforce limits on size of "coaching staffs" , this is what these extrpeople are doing day in and day out and solidifying their unfair advantages

any chance FBI is/was in Lafayette to interview the USC transfer we have to see what he may have known while out in Las Angelos?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    You're obviously not a bettor.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Adidas is the #2 clothing company in the world and they sponsor some of the biggest pro players and teams in the world. And they are eating Nike's lunch right now as far as popularity is concerned.

https://qz.com/1088069/nike-nke-stoc...und-to-a-halt/

Pay no attention to the people who tried to say adidas was some garbage brand. We're with an elite brand.
    With a very NON-elite contract..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    You're obviously not a bettor.
    You got me. I've never even bought a lottery ticket or scratch off.

Blog Entries

I knew it was against NCAA rules but I did not realize it was illegal to pay high school and college players and coaches. Why is that?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast