Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Maggard, The Time is Now

Blog Entries

Default Re: Dr. Maggard, The Time is Now

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    You're becoming a parody of yourself at this point.
    Historical perspective even if it doesn't fit my perspective.

So, if we get beaten by 30 at Idaho... Then will the time be right? Maybe when 3k people are in the stands on national TV? Perhaps when our conference rival buries us in Jonesboro?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Historical perspective even if it doesn't fit my perspective.
    Not saying the Faulkenberry issue was not knee jerk, but making a decision after 3 down seasons in a row, and the off the field issues is hardly knee jerk. That being said I think we should wait till the season is over to make the final decision unless their are more off the field issues.

Anyone who says firing Hud is a knee jerk reaction has obviously not followed the program closely over the past 3 years and is not educated on the subject.

Only thing that I would say would be cause to wait is if doing it now or end of season is significant difference in the buyout amount. What I think will happen or should happen are two different things. I still think we have him another year unless some other incident happens or we completely tank this season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    Anyone who says firing Hud is a knee jerk reaction has obviously not followed the program closely over the past 3 years and is not educated on the subject.
    I haven't read where anyone has said that.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    I think if there was no buyout there would be a change at the end of the year, plain and simple. The way it stands now I think they will tinker with assistant coaches, players, schemes, etc, and if that doesn't produce satisfactory results by 2020 they will blow it up and start over.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    I think if there was no buyout there would be a change at the end of the year, plain and simple. The way it stands now I think they will tinker with assistant coaches, players, schemes, etc, and if that doesn't produce satisfactory results by 2020 they will blow it up and start over.
    2020?

If they don't make a change after this season it won't matter what we do in 2020. There won't be a fanbase or an RCAF by then.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    2020?

If they don't make a change after this season it won't matter what we do in 2020. There won't be a fanbase or an RCAF by then.
    There wont be a fanbase next year if hud comes back .. ticket sales might crack 2,000

Players talk and none of them want him back either

This website has been pretty accurate in previous years. Hud is ranked #43 as of today, which is not considered on the "hotseat". I guess if you want to pull against your own team, he needs to move into the top 30 to be considered vulnerable.

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

Lane Kiffin at 23 & Tom Herman at 36 .. this list is dumb

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRanchMan View Post
    This website has been pretty accurate in previous years. Hud is ranked #43 as of today, which is not considered on the "hotseat". I guess if you want to pull against your own team, he needs to move into the top 30 to be considered vulnerable.

He could be #130 and it wouldn't matter. They don't pay attention to any other programs outside of the middle to upper P5.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRanchMan View Post

This is about the dumbest thing people have ever tried to rank.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    This is about the dumbest thing people have ever tried to rank.
    well, consider the source....

Z

Blog Entries

43rd hottest and heating up is pretty hot when you consider there are 90 or so running cooler.

Can somebody refresh my memory if Rich Rodriguez had anything to do with us in the past. I'm thinking he did but i can't remember.

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Can somebody refresh my memory if Rich Rodriguez had anything to do with us in the past. I'm thinking he did but i can't remember.
    He wanted the job when we hired Baldwin. He was at Tulane at the time.

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    He applied when we hired either Bustle or Baldwin. He was OC at Tulane under Bowden when they were undefeated. Bowden left and Rodriguez was the heir apparent, but was passed over and resigned.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    43rd hottest and heating up is pretty hot when you consider there are 90 or so running cooler.
    He will probably end up in the top 30 by the end of the season, but to suggest he be fired now is ridiculous and a current "ranking" of 43 is realistic.

well, consider the source.....
    Don't shoot the messenger. However, I am well aware than RP is a message board with a plethora of college football brilliance, so forgive me for posting information from such an uninformed source.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    He applied when we hired either Bustle or Baldwin. He was OC at Tulane under Bowden when they were undefeated. Bowden left and Rodriguez was the heir apparent, but was passed over and resigned.
    Yep.

Fossil kills the program by stabbing Nelson, the players, and the fans in the back by draining the funding, then ignores Rodriguez AND Leach who both applied for the job in '98 to give us Toothpick.

Sets the program back 20 years. Mission accomplished.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast