Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Maggard, The Time is Now

Default Re: Dr. Maggard, The Time is Now

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    That team didn't start playing until mid way though the 4th qtr also.
    Offensively you had a QB getting his first D1 snap of his life. It did take a little while for him to get comfortable. Do I think we need a change at the top? Absolutely. Do I think the kids quit on Saturday night? No way. Will they mail it in from here on out? We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    People that work on the team send whats called a text message
    So in your world of make believe where people send text about things that happened at practices that never took place, do they ever text about unicorns grazing on the grass at Cajun field also?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Don't get me wrong I think it's time for a change as well. HUD is an egotistical SOB and all about himself. See my previous post above. I am just not ready to through players under the bus who came back from a 21 point deficit with 8 minutes left in the game. It is not possible to have quit in that game and come back at the same time.
    I do not believe anyone is accusing our boys of quitting Krazy. I'm certainly not.
    But have we arrived at the point where we are now applauding the most basic accomplishments to keep ourselves from facing reality? I think we are.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I do not believe anyone is accusing our boys of quitting Krazy. I'm certainly not.
    But have we arrived at the point where we are now applauding the most basic accomplishments to keep ourselves from facing reality? I think we are.
    I think most have come to the realization that ego bicep loving meat head coach has to go. I am not denying that.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    I was teetering on the fence about Hud until Sat. He totally lost me, and I'm still upset about it, when he had minute plus AND TWO TIMEOUTS before half and DID NOT EVEN try to score. He just let the clock run down and walked off into the tunnel leaving two timeouts just sit there! He's not even trying to score!

I mean, you gotta at least try!!!!!!
    I was infuriated.
    Roughly 1:36 left with a timeout and the football. That is an eternity in college football.
    I don't remember exactly, but I believe they were around the 30 yard line as well. Wasn't like they were backed up to the goal line.

Again, its a symptom of a larger sickness. Go back and watch the games 6 years ago. He was never a good clock manager, never a great decision maker.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I think most have come to the realization that ego bicep loving meat head coach has to go. I am not denying that.
    Fair enough, but "not quitting" should not be a barometer of the health of the team.
    A lot of these guys are close friends. They are playing for themselves. In some cases, in spite of the coaching staff.

It'd be great if my good buddy J1M would weigh in.
    Dr. Maggard would benefit from such comments.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

I'd be great if my good buddy J1M would weigh in.
    Dr. Maggard would benefit from such comments.
    I just read the thread... as I run on to other commitments. Today won't include my thoughts. I sure wouldn't mind hearing from Dr. Maggard, to see if he's already drawn a line in the sand. Why let the fan base stew over this? It's hard to get uglier than losing to ULM at home. But it might.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    So someone is FOS?
    It's coming out this morning that there were players that walked off the practice field during A&M week.

MAT--someone else on this board DID make several accusations about the team quitting. I, for one, do not believe that they've quit...YET...time will tell in these next few games.

I agree with your view about Topham's "coachspeak" on BEV yesterday. What I found VERY telling, was how Jay talked about the current situation:
    While he didn't and won't call for HUD's firing, he did make a case as to why it has a very real
    chance of happening. He actually said that fans have a right to be angry and disappointed after Saturday's loss. He said that the ulm loss will put HUD's future in jeopardy, and severely hurt our recruiting for the rest of the season! He ALSO put it on HUD and his staff for not having the team ready AND, if the problem is personnel, for NOT recruiting the "right" kinds of players to make the defense better! He even said that they "first-guessed"(his term) HUD's decision at the end of the game--said it was the WRONG thing to do!

It's a shame that there's no HUD show this week--I'd be curious about the atmosphere between coach and Jay....we'll see......

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    MAT--someone else on this board DID make several accusations about the team quitting. I, for one, do not believe that they've quit...YET...time will tell in these next few games.

I agree with your view about Topham's "coachspeak" on BEV yesterday. What I found VERY telling, was how Jay talked about the current situation:
    While he didn't and won't call for HUD's firing, he did make a case as to why it has a very real
    chance of happening. He actually said that fans have a right to be angry and disappointed after Saturday's loss. He said that the ulm loss will put HUD's future in jeopardy, and severely hurt our recruiting for the rest of the season! He ALSO put it on HUD and his staff for not having the team ready AND, if the problem is personnel, for NOT recruiting the "right" kinds of players to make the defense better! He even said that they "first-guessed"(his term) HUD's decision at the end of the game--said it was the WRONG thing to do!

It's a shame that there's no HUD show this week--I'd be curious about the atmosphere between coach and Jay....we'll see......
    All very true. Jay was critical to a degree, as he should be.
    It is my belief that certain people (mostly because of their position, but in this case, because of his impact on the public at large) have an obligation to be brutally honest when the situation calls for it. Throwing a wet blanket on a simmering fire is actually a disservice to the pay customers of this athletic program. While he was critical, I think he stopped short of what should have been said. Losing to ULM, at this point in our evolution as a program, is unacceptable, period. The team was not ready to play. The team has been in disarray for 3 years. Jay knows what I know about the things happening off the field, and how the players feel right now. IMO, it's his responsibility to convey that, in his own unique way of course.

As for Topham, I'm sure he's a good guy. But those comments were uniformed and frankly, plssed me off. The fanbase deserves better than the company line. Maybe someone should start a podcast as an answer to the Lafayette media.

I was infuriated.
    Roughly 1:36 left with a timeout and the football. That is an eternity in college football.
    I don't remember exactly, but I believe they were around the 30 yard line as well. Wasn't like they were backed up to the goal line.

Again, its a symptom of a larger sickness. Go back and watch the games 6 years ago. He was never a good clock manager, never a great decision maker.
    With boos raining down as they left the field. I don't think I've ever heard that at Cajun Field.

Then again, I pretty much skipped the Baldwin years.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    With boos raining down as they left the field. I don't think I've ever heard that at Cajun Field.

Then again, I pretty much skipped the Baldwin years.
    The Baldwin years were what I imagine the 60s would have been like had I been alive then. A huge blur.

Tulane, ULM, and La Tech will all likely play in bowl games this year while UL sits at home. UL attendance will be embarrassingly low for our remaining home games. UL recruiting will take a huge hit this year. This is simply not acceptable at UL.
    Hudspeth should be relieved of his duties immediately. Pay off his ridiculous contract and move the program forward. Every day that we wait only puts the program that much further in a hole. Everybody knows that Hudspeth's days as a D-I head coach are numbered. You can't rebuild a program around a guy in his situation. Put a fork in him already. He's done.

Dr. Maggard will be judged on how he handles this situation. He was brought here to make changes and move the program up and forward and as T-Joe said "make things happen" (paraphrasing).

Your time is now.

Blog Entries

Faulkenberry was fired after one winless season, after studying the situation, I thought that was a mistake.

Avoid the knee jerk.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Faulkenberry was fired after one winless season, after studying the situation, I thought that was a mistake.

Avoid the knee jerk.
    No, but we are trying to get rid of a jerk.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    No, but we are trying to get rid of a jerk.
    Got me.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

Avoid the knee jerk.
    You're becoming a parody of yourself at this point.

Blog Entries

You're becoming a parody of yourself at this point.
    Historical perspective even if it doesn't fit my perspective.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast