Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Maggard, The Time is Now

Default Re: Dr. Maggard, The Time is Now

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    The Titanic has hit the iceberge who do we want to be Jack or Rose
    Billy Zane?

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Calm down, if we get to 6 or 7 losses, im all in.

If the sun shines of HUD's A** and he can get to a bowl game, someone else may take him off our hands and we avoid a buyout.
    Makes you wonder why no P5 school wanted HUD after 4 straight 9 win seasons and 4 straight bowl wins. Could it be those other schools knew the NCAA was about to come down on our program?

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Makes you wonder why no P5 school wanted HUD after 4 straight 9 win seasons and 4 straight bowl wins. Could it be those other schools knew the NCAA was about to come down on our program?
    Coaching circles are small.
    Other coaches know who you are by the company you keep.
    They knew why Hudspeth was winning, and they knew how he was doing it.

We don't know Dr. Maggard or how the situation looks to him, so I'd guess at the very least nothing will happen until the conclusion of the season. Frankly, I don't expect a head coach change at the end of this season with the time left on the contract.

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    We don't know Dr. Maggard or how the situation looks to him, so I'd guess at the very least nothing will happen until the conclusion of the season. Frankly, I don't expect a head coach change at the end of this season with the time left on the contract.
    Just how long does Hudsbeth have on his contract. Coach Rebowe would be a heck of a hire! He is such a great recruiting guru! I hope HUD anD company right the ship!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    The Titanic has hit the iceberge who do we want to be Jack or Rose
    I want to be with Rose and then sell her necklace....she doesn't want it anyway.

In 2014 he was given a 6 year extension that runs through 2020

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Just how long does Hudsbeth have on his contract. Coach Rebowe would be a heck of a hire! He is such a great recruiting guru! I hope HUD anD company right the ship!
    I like Rebowe, great guy, good recruiter but as a defensive coach who just lost a conference game 66-17...lets pull those reigns back a little. I think we could attract a more proven winner at HC. Not a knock on him just he has done about as much as, he looked good against 2 P5 teams and lost a bunch of conference games.

Please people, stop thinking small-time or we'll always be small-time. Maggard needs to hit one out of the park on this hire. It's the hire that takes us to the next level or leaves us in the dust with two broken legs.

The problem is you have way toooooooo many usl fans on the local airwaves who still believe they did nothing wrong by committing a fraud and allowing athletes into school when they should have never been there...say what you want but the Head Scam coach had to know...did these kids suddenly get that smart three weeks after taking the act the first time...Coach Scam HUD has a losing record at usl and has only had 2 winning seasons here...those of you thinking that 6-6 and getting an invite to a bowl is a good season need to give more $$$$ so we can really be one of the worst teams in America and easily the worst program in Louisiana...

Now would be the perfect time with the bye week.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    One of the single biggest issues at this great University throughout its history has been its inexplicably awful timing.

For example, this athletic program awarded the fan base after its biggest win in school history by actually ELIMINATING resources. This athletic program failed to capitalize off maybe the single best G5 athletic year in history (2013-14), #1 Baseball team in the country, WCWS in softball, NCAA tourney in basketball, and NOLA bowl (in which we set attendance records) and 3 SBC championships. And for that? Nothing... NOTHING. (which is kinda why you're here).

Jerry Baldwin was here WAY too long, and the inability for our admin to act on his firing further prolonged our destruction as a program.

There are countless other examples, but I digress. Those things are not your problem or your burden. What IS your burden, respectfully, is our current situation. I'm imploring you, on behalf of the great folks that support this program, and frankly, supported your hiring, to please learn from history. The time is now. The bell curve is complete. Take this opportunity to rubber stamp your expectations onto this program, this admin, and this community. The time is now.

We can't afford to wait another week, and we certainly can't afford another year of this embarrassment. As you know, we are hemorrhaging support, financially and reputation wise. The brand is being tarnished. The community at large has given up, and ULM was the nail in the coffin.

I can't stress this enough, and my apologies if this comes off as rude, but LOSING TO ULM IS UNACCEPTABLE, any day, in any sport, at any time. It is the opinion of many respected boosters and supporters that Hudspeth be replaced and Will Hall installed as the interim coach. This would be a move respected and accepted by both the fan base and the players on our football team. Don't believe me? I encourage you to ask them (players and fans).

Please don't let history repeat itself. Please understand, the time is now. If the State wants to get involved, we can take those matters into our hands when/if that time comes. The last time I checked, I still have a vote, and so do many folks around Acadiana. You know, as I do, that the private money is there. Allow them to buy out the contract.

If we're serious about our expectations, it's time to take a stand and show the fans, the donors, the alumni, the students, the players, and yes, the STATE, that we're going to do what benefits UL. The time is now, Dr. Maggard.
    I am certain a change will be made by weeks end now. MAT has spoken directly to Dr. Maggard through the pages on RP, done deal. Well done MAT.

You are not serious are you?

While I don't see anything happening until the end of season at best, I'm all for it. I think it would also send a message to our basketball coach as well.

GEAUX CAJUNS!!

Everyone knows our next coach will be an assistant from Mazoo. Y'all are wasting breath.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Everyone knows our next coach will be an assistant from Mazoo. Y'all are wasting breath.
    Hahahahah They are in the same boat as us

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Yea because every new AD hires someone from their old school.

Blog Entries

Mid season change is a major distraction with zero benefit and no money savings.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Mid season change is a major distraction with zero benefit and no money savings.

I agree however its only week 4 and fans / team / coaching staff have quit we have a major distraction already

I'm generally not one for in-season firings. Usually it either continues to be a poor situation with the interim coach, or in the case of someone like Orgeron, guys play above their heads for the guy they like and that sometimes results in making a poor decision in removing the interim tag because things aren't the same once that emotion is gone.

That said, I totally trust Dr. Maggard right now. If he were to decide that we're moving on after the year regardless of the results, give Will Hall a shot. Find out what we have in him because he looks like he's the real deal. At the very least it lets him build some resume' in case the eventual next guy (if it's not Hall) doesn't try to retain him.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast