_ _ _ _
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Maggard, The Time is Now

Default Re: Dr. Maggard, The Time is Now

Get ready Maggard, 3 more game weeks. You can do this.

In the first 3 seasons of Hudspeth, our avg homecoming attendance: 30,870
    In the last 3 seasons of Hudspeth, our avg homecoming attendance: 21,546
    (With a Baldwin-esque low of 17,410 in 2015)

This is the biggest weekend for UL Sports of the year.

Our smallest homecoming crowd over the last decade, was 15,641, the year Bustle was fired. Anyone think we are going to surpass that number on Saturday? I'll be surprised in 13k show up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    In the first 3 seasons of Hudspeth, our avg homecoming attendance: 30,870
    In the last 3 seasons of Hudspeth, our avg homecoming attendance: 21,546
    (With a Baldwin-esque low of 17,410 in 2015)

This is the biggest weekend for UL Sports of the year.

Our smallest homecoming crowd over the last decade, was 15,641, the year Bustle was fired. Anyone think we are going to surpass that number on Saturday? I'll be surprised in 13k show up.
    Those are facts.

Facts aint always pretty.

Pretty sure I won't go this week. I feel Hud went into Ole Miss with the intention of collecting the game check and not really competing. That's the first time I have ever felt Hud consciously had not intent of winning a game, and I don't support that product.

Even at general admission prices ($22 a ticket), that's a $205,128 avg LOSS per Homecoming game.

Just in ticket sales.

If those same people that didn't show up, would have theoretically spent $5 a person on concessions or merch, that's another $48,265 per Homecoming game.

Quote Originally Posted by bmv90 View Post
    Pretty sure I won't go this week. I feel Hud went into Ole Miss with the intention of collecting the game check and not really competing. That's the first time I have ever felt Hud consciously had not intent of winning a game, and I don't support that product.
    I'm not. I may go tailgate but I'm taking my party to the house versus sitting in the stands watching what I've been watching.

Pay attention Maggard. These are your most loyal fans. RP represents the most die hard among us.

And people are telling you, for no good reason, they are staying at their residence for HOMECOMING.

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Pay attention Maggard. These are your most loyal fans. RP represents the most die hard among us.

And people are telling you, for no good reason, they are staying at their residents for HOMECOMING.
    Mat, instead of saying it is "for no good reason", you could say "for a good reason". Watching paint dry is not for me. I looked back at a post I made about the presser hud had a few days before the game where I made a comment that he literally said in so may words that we would not win this game........

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Mat, instead of saying it is "for no good reason", you could say "for a good reason". Watching paint dry is not for me. I looked back at a post I made about the presser hud had a few days before the game where I made a comment that he literally said in so may words that we would not win this game........
    Frenchie, are you going to the game?

I agree. Suspending Ragas and the others for the that game was unforgivable. Hud looked at the schedule within the last couple of weeks and decided he was going to "punt" on Ole Miss and concentrate on the rest of the schedule to try to get to 6 wins in the hopes of saving his paycheck.

The Arkansas State game is the one that soured me on the season. I thought we threw in the towel at the very beginning.

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Frenchie, are you going to the game?
    I sure am. Wouldn't miss it for the world. Everyone should attend a circus every now and then. Like most with ill feelings about our program, (football) we still love it. Sit with a friend in the handicap section on the north side. Would love to meet and share a beer or two....just say, "hey Frenchie", I will be the old one........

I sure am. Wouldn't miss it for the world. Everyone should attend a circus every now and then. Like most with ill feelings about our program, (football) we still love it. Sit with a friend in the handicap section on the north side. Would love to meet and share a beer or two....
    It's hard for me to attend a game with a coach who didn't play to win the previous game.

I sure am. Wouldn't miss it for the world. Everyone should attend a circus every now and then. Like most with ill feelings about our program, (football) we still love it. Sit with a friend in the handicap section on the north side. Would love to meet and share a beer or two....just say, "hey Frenchie", I will be the old one........
    I have not decided if I'll be going yet. I lean yes, but I've been out of town for several weeks and will have to make a decision: Would I rather spend QT with my kiddos or go to CF and watch a perennial loser hang 50 on my team for homecoming, in front of the equivalent crowd of a Dixie Chicks concert.

I am however a gluten for punishment, so the two options might be closer than you think...

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

It's hard for me to attend a game with a coach who didn't play to win the previous game.
    ........Well it was a mandatory suspension and a no brainier to me...,..goals which are among them conference championship and Bowl game with its practice time, money, reward for team, and recruiting help.......even the conference championship is still in play!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ........Well it was a mandatory suspension and a no brainier to me...,..goals which are among them conference championship and Bowl game with its practice time, money, reward for team, and recruiting help.......even the conference championship is still in play!!!
    Mandatory suspension 2/3rds into the season. He could have done so in the first two games. The timings were not mandatory.

You need to go back to that clinic and tell the docs they gave you the wrong meds, ya old loon.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Mandatory suspension 2/3rds into the season. He could have done so in the first two games. The timings were not mandatory.
    These were my thoughts exactly. I didn't dispute the suspension but the timing of it not being earlier

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    No intention of winning the game. Collect the check, get on the plane, and lose some SBC games

Boomer--Shouldn't you be worried about trying to get the band
    to play the Fight Song correct??

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast