Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Dr. Maggard, The Time is Now

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Dr. Maggard, The Time is Now

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Nah, you just have a LOOOONG history of jackassery around here.
    LOL - I don't want to "shoot the messenger"... but I do often times think of emptying my bladder on him. I do it figuratively on here. I'm not like most men my age. I have a camel bladder. When I go, I unload 2 to 3 gallons at a time. That might be why I write such long messages and others don't... I'm full of it!

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: Dr. Maggard, The Time is Now

One thing I'd insist on any new contract in any sport. We get NCAA sanctions equaling loss of scholarship, post season participation, vacated victories. Your contract is automatically assumed to be in a state of fired for cause subject to the presidents pleasure at any time after said incidents.

Just want to reiterate that we are wasting time..

Our friends down the road just showed what can be done with the right coach, right attitude, and expecting to win. EXPECTING. TO. WIN.

The time is NOW, Dr. B.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Calm down, if we get to 6 or 7 losses, im all in.

If the sun shines of HUD's A** and he can get to a bowl game, someone else may take him off our hands and we avoid a buyout.
    dumbest post ever.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    dumbest post ever.

Z
    On ragin pagin that's a high bar. Or low, depending on how you view it.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    He wanted the job when we hired Baldwin. He was at Tulane at the time.
    We made a great decision there. Thanks, Ray Ray Brothers!

A-holes.

Rich Rod recruited me while at Tulane. I am familiar with him. I was just too dumb to get into Tulane with their regular admission standards.
    Do they still keep to that standard for athletes?

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    Do they still keep to that standard for athletes?
    Last that I heard 13 could be accepted into Tulane if they meet NCAA Clearinghouse standards. 12 have to meet Tulane's entrance standards.

Last that I heard 13 could be accepted into Tulane if they meet NCAA Clearinghouse standards. 12 have to meet Tulane's entrance standards.
    Thats kind of cool. I like having the standards public at least! Thanks much for info

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    He applied when we hired either Bustle or Baldwin. He was OC at Tulane under Bowden when they were undefeated. Bowden left and Rodriguez was the heir apparent, but was passed over and resigned.
    I was living in New Orleans at the time of the Baldwin hiring and talked to people familiar with the situation. Rodriquez did talk to us but he was was not seriously interested as we were not in a conference at the time. I would not even call the discussion we had an "interview" as he made it apparent pretty quickly he was not coming here. He correctly figured he would have a better opportunity at a higher profile job if he continued to be a coordinator with Bowden.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I was living in New Orleans at the time of the Baldwin hiring and talked to people familiar with the situation. Rodriquez did talk to us but he was was not seriously interested as we were not in a conference at the time. I would not even call the discussion we had an "interview" as he made it apparent pretty quickly he was not coming here. He correctly figured he would have a better opportunity at a higher profile job if he continued to be a coordinator with Bowden.
    He did throw his name in the hat, the post hire story is the exact narrative I would expect from the non chosen.

How they landed on the twice demoted Baldwin (under DeNardo) is still beyond my comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    He did throw his name in the hat, the post hire story is the exact narrative I would expect from the non chosen.

How they landed on the twice demoted Baldwin (under DeNardo) is still beyond my comprehension.
    Cleo fields who is jerrys friend, the blancos and a political endorsement.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Makes you wonder why no P5 school wanted HUD after 4 straight 9 win seasons and 4 straight bowl wins. Could it be those other schools knew the NCAA was about to come down on our program?
    But Hudspeth had nothing to do with it.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Turbine, I am certain that is what happened. We desperately wanted Rodriquez at the time. He was not a "non-chosen" candidate.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Turbine, I am certain that is what happened. We desperately wanted Rodriquez at the time. He was not a "non-chosen" candidate.
    Are you saying UL could go through the pretend motions of considering to hire Saban? Is that what happened with RR?

Are you saying UL could go through the pretend motions of considering to hire Saban? Is that what happened with RR?

https://mobile.twitter.com/stevekapl...87234937970688

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Cleo fields who is jerrys friend, the blancos and a political endorsement.
    Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

We made a hire so Ray Blanco's wife would have a better chance at being elected Governor. Authement liked it, as it meant the University still wouldn't have to take athletics seriously.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7