Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Maggard, The Time is Now

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Dr. Maggard, The Time is Now

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    Hardly a day goes by without someone on RP wanting someone at UL fired. If I worked for some of you guys I would be nervous every time you walked by.
    What makes you think you'd ever make it through the interview? Does a grown man wearing nothing but a thong make you nervous?

It's amazing to me that every time anything happens it's the end of the world for you. the sky is falling, the sky is falling blah blah blah.
    I usually don't say anything but the sky fell at that football game last night that can have a bearing on support, recruiting, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    It's called "accountability."
    Not being nit picky but I hate that term "accountability"... You can be the most accountable coach ever. The ONLY thing that matters is RESULTS... Especially in big time sports... It is a brutal profession... but at the same time a very rewarding one...

But it all comes down to RESULTS.... Maybe Hud works from 4 am to 11 pm Monday thru Sunday.. Maybe he is the first in line at all coaching required events... maybe he is at all fundraisers... whatever accountability means...

But when you get paid $1.0 million at a G5 school, much is expected... and when you don't provide RESULTS.... YOU HAVE TO GO

Lack of results bring about accountability. When one has a job to win and don't, they're accountable. That's the point I'm making.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Please point to the post where I said the world is ending or the sky is falling.. I'll wait.
    The basball stadium finances did not go like you wanted. It was the biggest sh--t from you. A kicker had an issue with Hud, that was the end of Hud, A linbacker quit the team man that was just terrible. We lost last night, oh no this is really the end now. blah blah blah every event is earthshattering according to your post.

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

The basball stadium finances did not go like you wanted. It was the biggest sh--t from you. A kicker had an issue with Hud, that was the end of Hud, A linbacker quit the team man that was just terrible. We lost last night, oh no this is really the end now. blah blah blah every event is earthshattering according to your post.
    Dude we borrowed money from the UL Foundation to finance the stadium because Farmer failed to secure the funds and had already greenlit the project.

Hudspeth has failed to live up to his contract. Losing to a peer institutions 47-3 is not acceptable. Period! We will be lucky to go 4-8.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    Not being nit picky but I hate that term "accountability"... You can be the most accountable coach ever. The ONLY thing that matters is RESULTS... Especially in big time sports... It is a brutal profession... but at the same time a very rewarding one...

But it all comes down to RESULTS.... Maybe Hud works from 4 am to 11 pm Monday thru Sunday.. Maybe he is the first in line at all coaching required events... maybe he is at all fundraisers... whatever accountability means...

But when you get paid $1.0 million at a G5 school, much is expected... and when you don't provide RESULTS.... YOU HAVE TO GO
    To whom much is given, much will be required"

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quit reminding us of how earthshatteringly bad things are!

And I was dead ___ accurate on every one of them... But most morons with an agenda against people that fight for progress would call that BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    And I was dead ___ accurate on every one of them... But most morons with an agenda against people that fight for progress would call that BLAH BLAH BLAH.
    Your made up story about the linebacker being forced to play hurt was totally false. period

Your made up story about the linebacker being forced to play hurt was totally false. period
    Prove it mother ____er.
    Stone cold facts.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Who really cares what he says at this point (don't mean to be rude to you specifically), it doesn't do anything even if he said the right things. What counts (to me anyway) is what he does and we know plenty of that.
    What he does and doesn't say only proves who he is.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: Dr. Maggard, The Time is Now

I'm not defending any of that. It just seems somewhat hypocritical to criticize him for criticizing others, that's all.

I certainly don't think HUD is a great, or even a good, coach but we lost a game. Studies show that every week of the regular football season approximately 50% of teams and coaches lose football games. Nobody died. Jmo
    You're totally off base. A better way to look at it. We're the customer in a restaurant who's just been presented a huge bill for a shat sandwich. We're complaining about the chef, and he said it ain't me it's the bus boy I hired, the bread company I bought my bread from, and the seafood supplier I got my shrimp from. It ain't me so don't dare call me out.

In both cases the only responsibility we the customer have is choosing to patron such a disgusting service.

UL Football Re: Dr. Maggard, The Time is Now

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    Not being nit picky but I hate that term "accountability"... You can be the most accountable coach ever. The ONLY thing that matters is RESULTS... Especially in big time sports... It is a brutal profession... but at the same time a very rewarding one...m

Accountability? The Japanense knew how to show accountability. When you utterly fail I don't expect you to fall on the knife, but if you're accountable you resign without pay.

So Jay had sone interesting thoughts today.

Don't expect a coaching change midseason.

Coaches can criticize players in the press. They are 21 year old men. Those on social media should just get over it.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

So I am watching a visiting Marshall beating Mid Tenn by really the same amount of our loss.....see-saw of college football!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post

Coaches can criticize players in the press. They are 21 year old men. Those on social media should just get over it.
    Jay is more than a buffoon.

Hud can't accept that he recruited those players, coached those players, called the plays for those players, gave those players an offensive line that didn't give them time but wants to blame it all on them.

Hud is not a professional and neither is Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Cajun View Post
    Jay is more than a buffoon.

Hud can't accept that he recruited those players, coached those players, called the plays for those players, gave those players an offensive line that didn't give them time but wants to blame it all on them.

Hud is not a professional and neither is Jay.
    Hud is underachieving and Jay simply has a poor opinion of his audience.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post

I need Jay's advice like I need a hemorrhoid.

Hud is undermining the program at this point which is worse than underachieving

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast