Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 145

Thread: Paul Petrino

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Most people considering the move from there to here don't fully appreciate the value add until they actually make the move.
    A competent AD makes them very aware in negotiations.

  2. #122
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Making $570k in Lafayette, La instead of Berkeley, CA would be a huge pay raise.
    Yes, Louisiana doesn't have 12% state taxes like Cali. Top that off with 35% fed taxes.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,486
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Paul Petrino

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    A competent AD makes them very aware in negotiations.
    If he is fully aware.

    I have no idea what if any his value add was moving from Missouri.

    I only know because of two friends who move back after a couple decades in CA

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,486
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Paul Petrino

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Yes, Louisiana doesn't have 12% state taxes like Cali. Top that off with 35% fed taxes.
    That is an easy sell.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    If he is fully aware.

    I have no idea what if any his value add was moving from Missouri.

    I only know because of two friends who move back after a couple decades in CA
    Being fully aware is what would make him competent, you shouldn't have to have first hand experience of everything in order to sell it. That's his job. I've never lived in California but I know it's cheaper to love here.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,486
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Paul Petrino

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Being fully aware is what would make him competent, you shouldn't have to have first hand experience of everything in order to sell it. That's his job. I've never lived in California but I know it's cheaper to love here.
    I'm sure if the candidate is from California or any other HCoL area Maggard will do the research and sell the assets.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I'm sure if the candidate is from California or any other HCoL area Maggard will do the research and sell the assets.
    I would certainly hope he has already done that and has a pretty good candidate list sitting on top of his desk.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,486
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Paul Petrino

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    I would certainly hope he has already done that and has a pretty good candidate list sitting on top of his desk.
    With 48 hour days you might be right.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    South & East of Cajun Field
    Posts
    829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Being fully aware is what would make him competent, you shouldn't have to have first hand experience of everything in order to sell it. That's his job. I've never lived in California but I know it's cheaper to love here.
    It's definitely cheaper to love in Louisiana than California.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Bridge
    Posts
    850

    Default Re: Paul Petrino

    How about Brent Venable? Our defense has sucked for decades.


  11. #131
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    How about Brent Venable? Our defense has sucked for decades.
    He has given zero indications he wants to be a HC. He's had several P5 opportunities to do so.

  12. #132

    Default Re: Paul Petrino

    twice on the pipes if the answer is no


  13. #133
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Broussard, La
    Posts
    1,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    It's definitely cheaper to love in Louisiana than California.
    Post love too... All those trip to the doctors, hospital and then trips to pick up diapers and formula. It all adds up when gas is $4 a gallon.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,458

    Default Re: Paul Petrino

    Get Brian Brohm on the phone NOW!


  15. #135
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Get Brian Brohm on the phone NOW!
    I like him. But not more that my top three choices. #1 Beau Baldwin #2 John Grass #3 K.C. Keeler.

  16. #136
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,486
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Paul Petrino

    Quote Originally Posted by PlanoCajunDad View Post
    twice on the pipes _ _ if the answer is no
    Fixed it for you.

  17. #137
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Youngsville
    Posts
    4,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I like him. But not more that my top three choices. #1 Beau Baldwin #2 John Grass #3 K.C. Keeler.
    If we get Keeler do we get Phil Longo? If so count me in.

  18. #138
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Youngsville
    Posts
    4,622

    Default Re: Paul Petrino

    My choices if we want an FCS coach 1. John Grass 2. Mike Houston 3. Beau Baldwin / Chris Klieman. If we want a P5 assistant 1. Sonny Cumbie 2. Tyson Hilton 3. Brian Brohm.


  19. #139
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    My choices if we want an FCS coach 1. John Grass 2. Mike Houston 3. Beau Baldwin / Chris Klieman. If we want a P5 assistant 1. Sonny Cumbie 2. Tyson Hilton 3. Brian Brohm.
    Well Beau Baldwin is a P5 OC now so he is a double whammy on your criteria. Does that vault him to number 1? Lol

  20. #140
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Youngsville
    Posts
    4,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Well Beau Baldwin is a P5 OC now so he is a double whammy on your criteria. Does that vault him to number 1? Lol
    I thought of that after finishing typing...too lazy to edit. Lol

    I like him but worry about a guy who spent his whole career in north west, coming south to recruit.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •