Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 145

Thread: Paul Petrino

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,458

    Default Re: Paul Petrino

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Absolutely, it's not the age I care about as much as the lack of coaching experience, but it does have some advantages as well like you mentioned.

    I follow TT pretty closely and Kingbury's seat is hotter than the devil's dick, but he coaches like an old stubborn coach. He does the same things over and over and his play calling is very questionable. He runs the good program and I even understand the Baker Mayfield situation.
    That being said, I think Texas Tech is criminally undervalued this year.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I have no specific names, but no who I do not want. Art Briles and his son are two of the biggest piece of ____ there is on this earth. As for the younger Petrino I do not know much about him, but his dad is up there with the Briles.

    I keep hearing people on here mention Guidry, Rebowe and Viator, what have they done?

    I would take a offense or defensive coordinator from just about any P5 school.
    Bobby Jr and Paul are brothers, their dad Bobby Sr was a good coach..what did he do to be on the level of briles?

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,458

    Default Re: Paul Petrino

    Can we change the thread title to "We want Brian Brohm here by 5 PM"?
    Just a suggestion.. IDK..


  4. #84
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,977

    Default Re: Paul Petrino

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Can we change the thread title to "We want Brian Brohm here by 5 PM"?
    Just a suggestion.. IDK..
    Best I can do is 9 PM
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  5. #85
    MelRock's Avatar
    MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,535

    Default Re: Paul Petrino

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Bobby Jr and Paul are brothers, their dad Bobby Sr was a good coach..what did he do to be on the level of briles?
    You mean this guy that berates his players on the sideline and is a total jackass? No thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    You mean this guy that berates his players on the sideline and is a total jackass? No thank you!
    Yeah that's Paul's brother...not his dad...how old do you think bobby jr is?

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,346

    Default Re: Paul Petrino

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    That being said, I think Texas Tech is criminally undervalued this year.
    They are a different team this year. They actually have a running game (when they call it) with a very good 5th year senior QB, and their defense is pretty good. I was at the Houston game Saturday and really liked what I saw against a very good Houston defense, but the real test for them will be this Saturday against OSU.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,486
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Paul Petrino

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Best I can do is 9 PM
    Nice. Schedule included

  9. #89
    MelRock's Avatar
    MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,535

    Default Re: Paul Petrino

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Yeah that's Paul's brother...not his dad...how old do you think bobby jr is?
    Thanks I did not know, I just assumed another Patrino would be his son, that seems to be the rage. You know what they say about assume.

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Thanks I did not know, I just assumed another Patrino would be his son, that seems to be the rage. You know what they say about assume.
    I figured you were talking about the sht head brother but thought you knew something about the dad.

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,486
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Paul Petrino

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I'd prefer Brent Pry if I'm gonna raid PSU.

    Beau Baldwin was the HC at EWU when they won 2 FCS titles. Took the OC gig this year at Cal to get his foot in the FBS door. He runs a very dynamic offense and can win as a HC. That has already been proven.
    Assistant head coach at PSU is hard to beat. Money wise he is in great shape over there. But UL has one longshot intangible.

    Brent Pry's wife is from here.

    Sometimes that can be worth money.

    http://www.statecollege.com/news/col...t-pry,1463942/

  12. #92
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,458

    Default Re: Paul Petrino

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Assistant head coach at PSU is hard to beat. Money wise he is in great shape over there. But UL has one longshot intangible.

    Brent Pry's wife is from here.

    Sometimes that can be worth money.

    http://www.statecollege.com/news/col...t-pry,1463942/
    We need an offensively driven coach.
    But I would not hate Brent Pry.

  13. #93
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,928

    Default Re: Paul Petrino

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    We need an offensively driven coach.
    But I would not hate Brent Pry.
    I know they don't know each other but if Pry came here and kept hall I'd be OK. I too think it takes a good O mind at this level.

  14. #94
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Youngsville
    Posts
    4,622

    Default Re: Paul Petrino

    There are great coaches at all levels. Will Hall was at a division 2 school. I don't care if our next coach comes from the FCS, D2 or an asst from another FBS program. The key is finding the right guy. The guy who will build a staff that he trust and will allow for them to do their jobs.

    I don't believe that guy has to be from the south but he has to have someone on staff who has a network in the south that will allow him to recruit here. He doesn't even have to be a great X and O's guy but again he better have those guys on staff.

    They also need to be able to do more with less. Build systems that allow us to have less talent than P5 schools but go in and be able to compete with them.

    Now I'm just rambling so peace out.


  15. #95
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,262
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Paul Petrino

    Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    He was at Auburn before Astate. He went from Arkansas to Tulsa to auburn to Astate.
    Gotcha, I knew he was a HS coach in Arkansas at one time and that played a role in him taking the Astate job.

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Youngsville
    Posts
    4,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Gotcha, I knew he was a HS coach in Arkansas at one time and that played a role in him taking the Astate job.
    Definitely. Not sure if he would have taken a G5 anywhere else but didn't hurt being from Arkansas

  17. #97
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Abbeville, La
    Posts
    1,349

    Default Re: Paul Petrino

    How about Lance Guidry?


  18. #98
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    2,666

    Default Re: Paul Petrino

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Kevin Sumlin
    I'm not sure how much enthusiasm a Kevin Sumlin (or anyone in his position) would really have after getting fired and going from making 3, 4 or 5 million a year down to only 1 or maybe 1.5 million here. I think a hungry young coach and/or one that would be getting a raise coming here would be in our best interest. I also think we should also get someone who will agree to come for a lower base pay than Hud currently has, but with enough realistic incentives built in that gives him a chance to make (or exceed) Hud's current salary. Basically, earn the higher salary!

  19. #99
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Youngsville
    Posts
    4,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    How about Lance Guidry?
    As a DC but not as HC.

  20. #100
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,458

    Default Re: Paul Petrino

    Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I'm not sure how much enthusiasm a Kevin Sumlin (or anyone in his position) would really have after getting fired and going from making 3, 4 or 5 million a year down to only 1 or maybe 1.5 million here. I think a hungry young coach and/or one that would be getting a raise coming here would be in our best interest. I also think we should also get someone who will agree to come for a lower base pay than Hud currently has, but with enough realistic incentives built in that gives him a chance to make (or exceed) Hud's current salary. Basically, earn the higher salary!
    Kevin Sumlin would be a grand slam, 600 ft homerun to win the World Series hire. You can hold me to this if we do land him.
    Dynamic personality, kids love him, texas pipeline, offensive wizard, dominated the G5 ranks at Houston, basically built Houston in to what they are today (at least left the cupboard full for Herman), track record of doing more with less when at Houston, understands how to win big at a program with little to no history, would be a major splash in the press, would galvanize the fan base over night.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •