Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 128

Thread: post ULM: Hud Accountability Index

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    League City, TX
    Posts
    1,726

    Default Re: post ULM: Hud Accountability Index

    Three words:

    Limp mule
    Shotgun
    Pasture

    Do it already....


  2. #102
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,711
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Not silly at all to get rid of him, I'm for it. Just think there is a way to go about it. You want to get rid of him? Stop being CNN and concentrate on his actual issues. Don't crucify the man every time he farts...it's a little bit boy that cried wolf to me.
    Exactly, for some on here the sky is falling on every single issue. I guess when HUD finally does leave, the, I told you so will begin, but you told me so many times I quit listening. It's bound to happen one day right.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    Exactly, for some on here the sky is falling on every single issue. I guess when HUD finally does leave, the, I told you so will begin, but you told me so many times I quit listening. It's bound to happen one day right.
    You quit listening because you spent all of the time _______ ____ ___ while we were telling you what was going on.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    Posts
    2,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Not sure a coach has taken, or been offered a pay cut for poor performance. That would mean the school is willing to accept a lower production level, nothing an AD wants on a resume.
    I never said I would support keeping him with a pay cut.

    I was addressing a statement by another poster that calling for him to be fired is getting silly. My response is that it would be silly to suggest Hud has lived up to what he is being paid to do.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I never said I would support keeping him with a pay cut.

    I was addressing a statement by another poster that calling for him to be fired is getting silly. My response is that it would be silly to suggest Hud has lived up to what he is being paid to do.
    Calling for him to be fired is not silly, bashing him on every single word that comes out his mouth, bashing him on every single decision, bashing him about things that happen to every single program across America, even the great ones is silly. It waters down the actual issues that really need to be addressed. It's a roster of 105 18-22 year olds, people leave for many reasons and not every single one of them is the head coaches fault. So far we have 1 player leave that is actually on another football team and given his opportunity I don't blame him. A bunch of special teams players left? My god what an anomaly...kids who are only playing special teams are unhappy? That's every team in America, every kid thinks he is a starter. Hud has many deficiencies and issues, I just don't buy that he is Satan like some would want you to believe. I think he has run his course here but the ones that have no other perspective other than a personal vendetta make it look like a witch hunt. Stick to the things that are actually his fault and more people will listen, JMO.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    League City, TX
    Posts
    1,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Calling for him to be fired is not silly, bashing him on every single word that comes out his mouth, bashing him on every single decision, bashing him about things that happen to every single program across America, even the great ones is silly. It waters down the actual issues that really need to be addressed. It's a roster of 105 18-22 year olds, people leave for many reasons and not every single one of them is the head coaches fault. So far we have 1 player leave that is actually on another football team and given his opportunity I don't blame him. A bunch of special teams players left? My god what an anomaly...kids who are only playing special teams are unhappy? That's every team in America, every kid thinks he is a starter. Hud has many deficiencies and issues, I just don't buy that he is Satan like some would want you to believe. I think he has run his course here but the ones that have no other perspective other than a personal vendetta make it look like a witch hunt. Stick to the things that are actually his fault and more people will listen, JMO.
    Not disagreeing with you but stating, "This is what he gets paid to do!" If he cannot then pay someone else to do it like the AD and the fans want! Simple.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    Posts
    2,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Calling for him to be fired is not silly, bashing him on every single word that comes out his mouth, bashing him on every single decision, bashing him about things that happen to every single program across America, even the great ones is silly. It waters down the actual issues that really need to be addressed. It's a roster of 105 18-22 year olds, people leave for many reasons and not every single one of them is the head coaches fault. So far we have 1 player leave that is actually on another football team and given his opportunity I don't blame him. A bunch of special teams players left? My god what an anomaly...kids who are only playing special teams are unhappy? That's every team in America, every kid thinks he is a starter. Hud has many deficiencies and issues, I just don't buy that he is Satan like some would want you to believe. I think he has run his course here but the ones that have no other perspective other than a personal vendetta make it look like a witch hunt. Stick to the things that are actually his fault and more people will listen, JMO.
    Just for clarification, I haven't been posting negative feedback about all his decisions.

    But I do think he needs to now leave town. He hasn't really held up his end of the bargain, especially when you consider the NCAA sanctions and other issues.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Just for clarification, I haven't been posting negative feedback about all his decisions.

    But I do think he needs to now leave town. He hasn't really held up his end of the bargain, especially when you consider the NCAA sanctions and other issues.
    Totally agree, just thinks it less effective when people criticize the way the man takes a ____. There are plenty of things that the man can be and should be held accountable for. People don't need to exaggerate.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    16,006

    Default Re: post ULM: Hud Accountability Index

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Calling for him to be fired is not silly, bashing him on every single word that comes out his mouth, bashing him on every single decision, bashing him about things that happen to every single program across America, even the great ones is silly. It waters down the actual issues that really need to be addressed. It's a roster of 105 18-22 year olds, people leave for many reasons and not every single one of them is the head coaches fault. So far we have 1 player leave that is actually on another football team and given his opportunity I don't blame him. A bunch of special teams players left? My god what an anomaly...kids who are only playing special teams are unhappy? That's every team in America, every kid thinks he is a starter. Hud has many deficiencies and issues, I just don't buy that he is Satan like some would want you to believe. I think he has run his course here but the ones that have no other perspective other than a personal vendetta make it look like a witch hunt. Stick to the things that are actually his fault and more people will listen, JMO.
    Nobody puts Hud in a corner...

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,536

    Default Re: post ULM: Hud Accountability Index

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Just for clarification, I haven't been posting negative feedback about all his decisions.

    But I do think he needs to now leave town. He hasn't really held up his end of the bargain, especially when you consider the NCAA sanctions and other issues.
    CC is correct that it waters down real issues, but there are a multitude of issues that surround this coach and this program. However, I think its ridiculous that people are criticizing Hud for not going for two.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,529
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: post ULM: Hud Accountability Index

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    CC is correct that it waters down real issues, but there are a multitude of issues that surround this coach and this program. However, I think its ridiculous that people are criticizing Hud for not going for two.
    The one and only clear-cut chance for victory and you would like to sweep it under a rug somewhere.

    This is the coach that made a name for himself by kicking "the book" out the window ala Brett Baer on sides kick style.

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,113
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    This is the coach that made a name for himself by kicking "the book" out the window ala Brett Baer on sides kick style.
    Those were the days...

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,536

    Default Re: post ULM: Hud Accountability Index

    For everyone saying "let the season play out", I have some questions..
    The following are goals laid out by the coach of this team in previous seasons and the current season.
    How many of you "let the season play out" people believe these things can happen:

    Conference championship?
    Top 25 birth?
    Bowl game?
    Winning season?
    P5 win?
    Highest attendance in the SBC?


  14. #114
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Iowa City, IA
    Posts
    852

    Default Re: post ULM: Hud Accountability Index

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    For everyone saying "let the season play out", I have some questions..
    The following are goals laid out by the coach of this team in previous seasons and the current season.
    How many of you "let the season play out" people believe these things can happen:

    Conference championship?
    Top 25 birth?
    Bowl game?
    Winning season?
    P5 win?
    Highest attendance in the SBC?
    I'm gonna go with 0-5 MAT

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,536

    Default Re: post ULM: Hud Accountability Index

    Quote Originally Posted by CameronCajun View Post
    I'm gonna go with 0-5 MAT
    So playing the season out benefits us how exactly?
    As opposed to, making a statement now. Letting your supporters know, we mean business.

  16. #116
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    So playing the season out benefits us how exactly?
    As opposed to, making a statement now. Letting your supporters know, we mean business.
    Just my opinion, but there is no way we fire him until we reach that 7th loss. Which IMO will come after 8 games.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,529
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: post ULM: Hud Accountability Index

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    For everyone saying "let the season play out", I have some questions..
    The following are goals laid out by the coach of this team in previous seasons and the current season.
    How many of you "let the season play out" people believe these things can happen:

    Conference championship?
    Top 25 birth?
    Bowl game?
    Winning season?
    P5 win?
    Highest attendance in the SBC?
    Only 4 of those goals MIGHT be attainable but I highly doubt it.

    A change mid season won't improve the chances but will force you to pay two head coaches.

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Iowa City, IA
    Posts
    852

    Default Re: post ULM: Hud Accountability Index

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    So playing the season out benefits us how exactly?
    As opposed to, making a statement now. Letting your supporters know, we mean business.
    Hey.....I 100% agree....Preaching to the Choir here. I know you asked for the people wanting to let the season play out answer, but I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in. haha

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    South & East of Cajun Field
    Posts
    829

    Default Re: post ULM: Hud Accountability Index

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    So playing the season out benefits us how exactly?
    As opposed to, making a statement now. Letting your supporters know, we mean business.
    Most importantly, letting the next head coach know we mean business. He's out there, and watching.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,536

    Default Re: post ULM: Hud Accountability Index

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Most importantly, letting the next head coach know we mean business. He's out there, and watching.
    Among many more reasons, absolutely.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •