Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: post ULM: Hud Accountability Index

Default Re: post ULM: Hud Accountability Index

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The one and only clear-cut chance for victory and you would like to sweep it under a rug somewhere.

This is the coach that made a name for himself by kicking "the book" out the window ala Brett Baer on sides kick style.
    And had he gone for two and failed, you'd be taking some cryptic two sentence jab at him anyways. I don't think that decision killed us. Most coaches would take the EP and go into overtime in that situation whether we would want to believe it or not. I can see the point for either side though in this situation as our defense is terrible and our kicking game is worse. Neither was a welcoming proposition.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    And had he gone for two and failed, you'd be taking some cryptic two sentence jab at him anyways. I don't think that decision killed us. Most coaches would take the EP and go into overtime in that situation whether we would want to believe it or not. I can see the point for either side though in this situation as our defense is terrible and our kicking game is worse. Neither was a welcoming proposition.
    My opposition to 2-point conversions has always been never in the middle of a game, and only at the very end to win, or down by 4 near the very end.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    You have absolutely no idea what the ____ you are talking about
    LOL. All hail MAT....

Quote Originally Posted by Go_UL View Post
    LOL. All hail MAT....
    Autographs $20.
    But you'll have to wait in line like everyone else...

If there is no monetary difference between letting him go now and letting him go at the end of the season, then I would think letting him go now sends a stronger message on expectations of the football program. Make Hall the interim head coach, and get the word out the position will be filled by the best candidate shortly after the end of the season. This will give more Coaches a chance to think about it and get their name in the hat.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    If there is no monetary difference between letting him go now and letting him go at the end of the season, then I would think letting him go now sends a stronger message on expectations of the football program. Make Hall the interim head coach, and get the word out the position will be filled by the best candidate shortly after the end of the season. This will give more Coaches a chance to think about it and get their name in the hat.
    It also gets an incompetent coach off the field from ruining this program further, and gets possibly a more competent person at the helm that could JUST MAYBE turn this season around.

If the players hate Hud like some on here have stated, don't you think they would probably play their azzes off for Hall???

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Autographs $20.
    But you'll have to wait in line like everyone else...
    Do you give law enforcement discounts? I'm cheap lol

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    It also gets an incompetent coach off the field from ruining this program further, and gets possibly a more competent person at the helm that could JUST MAYBE turn this season around.

If the players hate Hud like some on here have stated, don't you think they would probably play their azzes off for Hall???
    I believe, without a shadow of a doubt, you'd see a completely different attitude if Hudspeth was canned and Hall named coach.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7