Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Elijah Mcguire

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Elijah Mcguire

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Wow we have a bandwagon king sighting
    I'm not buying that's it's the real king... until he fills at least half a page with 27 different topics all fashioned into a single message. And if he doesn't respond to this message slamming me... it's not the real king.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Elijah McGuire will become one of the top rushers in NFL history barring injury. He runs so much like Curtis Martin, it was only appropriate for him to become a jet.
    Good call on that.

Great hands too.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I was thinking more like the guy that made a living jumping up and over for the Jets that lives down the road, Johnny Hector.
    Johnny Hector was ridiculous in high school.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    I liked him till he went and caught the TAMU flu.

BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I liked him till he went and caught the TAMU flu.
    Much better than the tigger flu.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Nice article. I'm so happy for him. An opportunity unveiled itself... and he showed what "The Prophet" can do. For anyone that didn't quite understand what we had in Eli at UL... they're quite likely going to see it in his NFL career. He's quite potentially our next Brian Mitchell in the NFL. If his coaches realize what he offers... they have a pro bowl athlete on their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post

Had a neighbor that played at NISH with him. He signed the conference letter of intent with LSU n Cholly Mac which shut down SEC programs recruiting him. aTm came in later, then it allegedly got nasty behind the scenes and LSU parted ways with a noted Lafayette donor. Wasn't about money or inducements. Allegedly even law enforcement got involved. BasinBear might know the whole story but I don't think he'd elaborate past what's been posted.

I simply admire the guy after watching stud after stud from the Acadiana region go to LSU because they were LSU and ride the pine 4 years. It took a lot to tell LSU no back then.

Eli can be that guy for the Jets if things fall right.

Had a neighbor that played at NISH with him. He signed the conference letter of intent with LSU n Cholly Mac which shut down SEC programs recruiting him. aTm came in later, then it allegedly got nasty behind the scenes and LSU parted ways with a noted Lafayette donor. Wasn't about money or inducements. Allegedly even law enforcement got involved. BasinBear might know the whole story but I don't think he'd elaborate past what's been posted.

I simply admire the guy after watching stud after stud from the Acadiana region go to LSU because they were LSU and ride the pine 4 years. It took a lot to tell LSU no back then.

How did he do in yesterday's win?

Had one good screen pass where he almost scored and slipped on on one where he would have had a good gain. Cleveland load the box and wasn't going to let the Jets run. Pillard(sp) got hurt so Eli should get more touches next week

I was too young to know about all the recruiting issues. I just remember they would hand him the ball, he would disappear into the pile, then come flying out. Over and over and over. I would be interested in hearing the recruiting story though....

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    Had one good screen pass where he almost scored and slipped on on one where he would have had a good gain. Cleveland load the box and wasn't going to let the Jets run. Pillard(sp) got hurt so Eli should get more touches next week
    Im guessing you meant Powell got hurt. Eli really had a pretty bad game on the ground. 11 carries for 20 yards

Got The Prophet (TM) stashed on my bench. Hopefully he gets the chance to shine this week and I have a feature back I can be proud of!!

MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: Elijah Mcguire

RB Eli McGuire Focused on Doing His Job
    http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...6-b7c33d818471
    "After amassing 4,301 yards on the ground and 42 touchdowns at Louisiana, the 5'10", 214-pound McGuire went to the Jets with the 188th overall selection in last April's Draft. He showcased his explosion on his first-career touchdown, a 69-yarder vs. Jacksonville in Week 4 that was the longest run by a rookie in team history."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3