Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Big secret: Hudspeth short on defense details

UL Football Big secret: Hudspeth short on defense details

UL coach Mark Hudspeth promises change for the UL defense, but does not get specific as the Ragin' Cajuns prepare to face Texas A&M

Default Re: Big secret: Hudspeth short on defense details

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    UL coach Mark Hudspeth promises change for the UL defense, but does not get specific as the Ragin' Cajuns prepare to face Texas A&M

That's because he has no clue!

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    That's because he has no clue!
    Too busy lifting weights and finding smaller shirts

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post

Unless I misread I don't see the name Lucas in that story.

Which kind of confirms my worst suspicions.

Although, it is possible Lucas' absence in the storyline might have simply been reporters omission. I hope that is the case.

Blog Entries

He doesn't want to give away his super secret strategy. Boy wouldn't it be something if he turns this defense around and we beat A&M again. This time at their place.

Dreams are Cajun fan's friends.

So what are his possible moves here? I mean what can he change in one week that he couldn't do in the whole summer? Serious question, not a smartass comment.....

It reminds me of the time that Bustle told the quarterback club that they were going to come out with a completely different defense (and don't tell nobody) against FAU.

That worked. For 58 minutes.

Then we went back to the old defense on the final drive and Rusty Smith gashed the hell out of us and stole the win.

He did say he was gonna get his best 11 on the field. I guess in the first 2 games he intentionally only had his best 8 or 9 out there. Which might be why tanner Holmes left.

Just a wild guess but I think we will see DB's playing LB'er...it's only our option really. Or move a couple DE's back to LB'er but we really don't have those types of DE's besides joe dillon

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Just a wild guess but I think we will see DB's playing LB'er...it's only our option really. Or move a couple DE's back to LB'er but we really don't have those types of DE's besides joe dillon
    Got a feeling we might see Dion Ray at LB. He made a comment about getting the best players on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Got a feeling we might see Dion Ray at LB. He made a comment about getting the best players on the field.
    Just got word from a very reliable source that the NCAA is granting our petition to allow us to play with 14 on defense. Now a 6-6 season seems more likely.....it's bowling time folks!!

We will need 16!

My source gave me info on a last minute transfer who will be eligible to play (don't tell anyone):

via GIPHY

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    It reminds me of the time that Bustle told the quarterback club that they were going to come out with a completely different defense (and don't tell nobody) against FAU.

That worked. For 58 minutes.

Then we went back to the old defense on the final drive and Rusty Smith gashed the hell out of us and stole the win.
    Thanks! I was having a good day until I remembered nightmare!

If we start moving guys like Corey Turner and Tracey Walker to some sort of LB spot in the box, there will be trouble. We tried that with Walker last year at WLB and it went terribly wrong. They are just no physical enough to shed blocks and make tackles and I can't imagine how that would work well against an Aggie team that will be larger and more athletic than we are. My guess is that we put Jarvis Jeffries at LB along with Posey and Boudreaux. We are definitely going to work some younger guys in there now but I can't see us going any smaller, at least not in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    If we start moving guys like Corey Turner and Tracey Walker to some sort of LB spot in the box, there will be trouble. We tried that with Walker last year at WLB and it went terribly wrong. They are just no physical enough to shed blocks and make tackles and I can't imagine how that would work well against an Aggie team that will be larger and more athletic than we are. My guess is that we put Jarvis Jeffries at LB along with Posey and Boudreaux. We are definitely going to work some younger guys in there now but I can't see us going any smaller, at least not in this game.
    I'm with you on being a disaster...just don't see many other options...I think dillon is the only DE that could possibly drop in coverage, Jeffries will get burnt...bad...and often. We really don't have a lot of good options expect 4-2-5 and hope the offense averages 40+ a game.

I'm with you on being a disaster...just don't see many other options...I think dillon is the only DE that could possibly drop in coverage, Jeffries will get burnt...bad...and often. We really don't have a lot of good options expect 4-2-5 and hope the offense averages 40+ a game.
    The Aggies started a true freshman last game after their starter was injured against UCLA. He was bad enough that they benched him at some point against Nicholls. They ran all over UCLA and still ran pretty good against Nicholls. They ran right up the interior of the line against UCLA which is what really worries me as they have some athletic big backs. I'm suggesting Jeffries in the box to help with the run game. I'm also suggesting that you have to pick your poison on defense as the personnel is just not there to run base sets so we need to take some chances, blitz and hope we make them pass the ball and we can make some plays on the backend.

The Aggies started a true freshman last game after their starter was injured against UCLA. He was bad enough that they benched him at some point against Nicholls. They ran all over UCLA and still ran pretty good against Nicholls. They ran right up the interior of the line against UCLA which is what really worries me as they have some athletic big backs. I'm suggesting Jeffries in the box to help with the run game. I'm also suggesting that you have to pick your poison on defense as the personnel is just not there to run base sets so we need to take some chances, blitz and hope we make them pass the ball and we can make some plays on the backend.
    Definitely not many good options..,like any really

Definitely not many good options..,like any really
    Not really. Like I said, its really a roll of the dice. I'd just rather go out and try to make something happen by attacking the LOS and trying to hurry a young QB who already struggles to throw the ball. I think that's our only shot. He may throw for 300 yards on us but I'd rather that than watch them just run the ball up our ___.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: Big secret: Hudspeth short on defense details

Not really. Like I said, its really a roll of the dice. I'd just rather go out and try to make something happen by attacking the LOS and trying to hurry a young QB who already struggles to throw the ball. I think that's our only shot. He may throw for 300 yards on us but I'd rather that than watch them just run the ball up our ___.
    im not at all sure they can't do both in the same game.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast