Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Tanner Holmes Transferring

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    No I haven't, I think the question plants a negative seed.

I have only talked to players at after game tailgating, sidelines at practice, never during a game, and at media day.

My conversations were 99% superficial talk that the media is known for.

Zero conversations with athletes since Hud arrived, but it's not on Hud, this applies to all sports. My press pass was revoked.
    And we know why..

But wait, you think asking a player if he likes playing for a coach plants a negative seed? Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    So what are you saying? Did Tanner Holmes quit because he was pressured to play although he only played sparingly in the fourth quarter of the last game or did he transfer because he wasn't playing which supposedly centered around his lack of PT? Neither of these scenarios truly make sense to me since TH was a starter and he barely played last week so being pressured to play when injured seems odd to me as well. While questions do surround Hud on this, I'm not turning my back on the possibility that TH is a me kid and got ____ed he didn't start last weekend. I hope the truth comes out and not someones agenda because if that did happen where TH got mad after missing one start, I'd say happy trails.
    Zeph, have you read any of this thread? Have you paid any attention to the lead up to this season?

Anyone who believes Holmes quit over "playing time" is an outright fool.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Tanner Holmes Transferring

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I'm a little slow, what do you get out of this, reporters glee or something more?
    We've seen the hubris, MAT, now let's see the scandal.

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    We've seen the hubris, MAT, now let's see the scandal.
    Excuse me?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    So what are you saying? Did Tanner Holmes quit because he was pressured to play although he only played sparingly in the fourth quarter of the last game or did he transfer because he wasn't playing which supposedly centered around his lack of PT? Neither of these scenarios truly make sense to me since TH was a starter and he barely played last week so being pressured to play when injured seems odd to me as well. While questions do surround Hud on this, I'm not turning my back on the possibility that TH is a me kid and got ____ed he didn't start last weekend. I hope the truth comes out and not someones agenda because if that did happen where TH got mad after missing one start, I'd say happy trails.
    If I were a betting man, I'd go with what is usually the case...the truth is probably somewhere in between.

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

How many times we as fans are gonna bury our collective heads in the stands?

ACT scandal
    13 arrested
    Player retention
    Trump comments (video doesn't bother me)
    Rapid decrease in RCAF membership/donations

The juice is no longer worth the squeeze. Hudspeth has done as much damage to the program as he has improved it. If you compare attendance from year two to last years attendance we are losing $500k a game. We can not afford to retain a $1M/yr coach when he isn't bringing in the revenue to pay for him.

It's time to press the reset button...this is the first time I've ever gone on record saying this and I'm not one to have knee jerk reactions. Keeping Hud through his contract, at this point, will do us more longtime harm than buying him out/lawsuit.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

While all of what is brought up here is troubling, it will all go away when we beat TAMU again this Saturday.

It will be a shootout, but they ain't Tulsa. They can't play up tempo like that, they have serious QB issues, and I actually think we have more bullets than they do.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    While all of what is brought up here is troubling, it will all go away when we beat TAMU again this Saturday.

It will be a shootout, but they ain't Tulsa. They can't play up tempo like that, they have serious QB issues, and I actually think we have more bullets than they do.
    CN, with all due respect, there is a thread to discuss the Aggie game.

I can assure you that this issue won't go away. I, along with plenty of others, will not let it. What is going on with our program is a lot more important than any single win. Trust me, I want to win. REALLY want to win, and EXPECT to win. But this issue, like many others that are not even being discussed here, are destroying our program long term. It's a fact, and we need to wake up.

The best thing for all would be for HUD to have another 9-4 or 10-3 record and take a job elsewhere.

We get a buyout, he gets a fresh start.

It could happen.....

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    The best thing for all would be for HUD to have another 9-4 or 10-3 record and take a job elsewhere.

We get a buyout, he gets a fresh start.

It could happen.....
    Absolutely the best outcome. Still interested how you came up with your attrition numbers btw...

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    How many times we as fans are gonna bury our collective heads in the stands?

ACT scandal
    13 arrested
    Player retention
    Trump comments (video doesn't bother me)
    Rapid decrease in RCAF membership/donations

The juice is no longer worth the squeeze. Hudspeth has done as much damage to the program as he has improved it. If you compare attendance from year two to last years attendance we are losing $500k a game. We can not afford to retain a $1M/yr coach when he isn't bringing in the revenue to pay for him.
    How did you arrive at the $500k per game figure? Total attendance in 2012 was 137190; total attendance in 2016 was 121,346. You're telling me that an a drop of about 2,500 fans per game means we lose $500k in revenue?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Absolutely the best outcome. Still interested how you came up with your attrition numbers btw...
    Its in previous post. I have stated this for the last two year.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Its in previous post. I have stated this for the last two year.
    I've tried to do the math myself, and your number is virtually impossible. Not saying you're wrong, maybe I'm doing something incorrectly?

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    How did you arrive at the $500k per game figure? Total attendance in 2012 was 137190; total attendance in 2016 was 121,346. You're telling me that an a drop of about 2,500 fans per game means we lose $500k in revenue?
    Season tickets sales, total tickets, concessions, etc.
    He may have the year wrong, but the figure is approx $500k per game. Yes.

CN, with all due respect, there is a thread to discuss the Aggie game.

I can assure you that this issue won't go away. I, along with plenty of others, will not let it. What is going on with our program is a lot more important than any single win. Trust me, I want to win. REALLY want to win, and EXPECT to win. But this issue, like many others that are not even being discussed here, are destroying our program long term. It's a fact, and we need to wake up.
    STAY WOKE, MAT!!

Season tickets sales, total tickets, concessions, etc.
    He may have the year wrong, but the figure is approx $500k per game. Yes.
    Math just doesn't add up with the numbers I have my hands on. Gameday revenue for all of 2012 season was just under $2,000,000. So by losing $500k per game, that means our gameday revenue now should be $0?

He is not on the roster online. I wanted to see his stats.

Math just doesn't add up with the numbers I have my hands on. Gameday revenue for all of 2012 season was just under $2,000,000. So by losing $500k per game, that means our gameday revenue now should be $0?
    I'm gunna try to do this quickly, busy today.
    Was just texting with Mel, and we kinda worked our way though those numbers.

In 2014/2015, season ticket sales hit 13700+, but we'll use 13700. Average ticket price, low to high, came out to $213 a package. This number is not including corporate, family 5 pack, or suite sales.

13700 x $213 = $2.91 Mil

This year, we're right at 7100 ticket sales (which btw, is La Tech / Tualne bad)

7100 x $213 = $1.5 Mil / 5 home games (we're extrapolating opening night over the course of the season. Atually could get worse.)

The difference is approx $280k per game in losses.

Also, considering modest number of walk up sales, tailgating losses, concessions (which we do not receive but maybe 20% of, I'm aware). Easily can add $130k per game.

That difference is easily over $400k PER GAME. We still don't have all the revenue figures, but that $500k figure didn't just appear out of thin air.

So, can we afford to buyout our HC? More like, can we afford to keep him?

Look at it this way. Hudspeth's pay was calculated based on the assumption that he would continue to increase excitement around the program and that we would average 30K in attendance. (I don't know that for a fact, that's just a general assumption)

So now we are averaging 20K. The difference is 10K times an average of probably $30 per ticket. That gets you to $300K before you even factor in concessions and merch. So I could very easily see the number ending up near $500K.

It's not lost revenue because we never had it in the first place. But it is lost opportunity.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast