Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 277

Thread: Tanner Holmes Transferring

  1. #141
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    No I haven't, I think the question plants a negative seed.

    I have only talked to players at after game tailgating, sidelines at practice, never during a game, and at media day.

    My conversations were 99% superficial talk that the media is known for.

    Zero conversations with athletes since Hud arrived, but it's not on Hud, this applies to all sports. My press pass was revoked.
    And we know why..

    But wait, you think asking a player if he likes playing for a coach plants a negative seed? Huh?

  2. #142
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    So what are you saying? Did Tanner Holmes quit because he was pressured to play although he only played sparingly in the fourth quarter of the last game or did he transfer because he wasn't playing which supposedly centered around his lack of PT? Neither of these scenarios truly make sense to me since TH was a starter and he barely played last week so being pressured to play when injured seems odd to me as well. While questions do surround Hud on this, I'm not turning my back on the possibility that TH is a me kid and got ____ed he didn't start last weekend. I hope the truth comes out and not someones agenda because if that did happen where TH got mad after missing one start, I'd say happy trails.
    Zeph, have you read any of this thread? Have you paid any attention to the lead up to this season?

    Anyone who believes Holmes quit over "playing time" is an outright fool.

  3. #143
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,743
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Tanner Holmes Transferring

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I'm a little slow, what do you get out of this, reporters glee or something more?
    We've seen the hubris, MAT, now let's see the scandal.

  4. #144
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    We've seen the hubris, MAT, now let's see the scandal.
    Excuse me?

  5. #145
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    So what are you saying? Did Tanner Holmes quit because he was pressured to play although he only played sparingly in the fourth quarter of the last game or did he transfer because he wasn't playing which supposedly centered around his lack of PT? Neither of these scenarios truly make sense to me since TH was a starter and he barely played last week so being pressured to play when injured seems odd to me as well. While questions do surround Hud on this, I'm not turning my back on the possibility that TH is a me kid and got ____ed he didn't start last weekend. I hope the truth comes out and not someones agenda because if that did happen where TH got mad after missing one start, I'd say happy trails.
    If I were a betting man, I'd go with what is usually the case...the truth is probably somewhere in between.

  6. #146
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,221

    Default Re: Tanner Holmes Transferring

    How many times we as fans are gonna bury our collective heads in the stands?

    ACT scandal
    13 arrested
    Player retention
    Trump comments (video doesn't bother me)
    Rapid decrease in RCAF membership/donations

    The juice is no longer worth the squeeze. Hudspeth has done as much damage to the program as he has improved it. If you compare attendance from year two to last years attendance we are losing $500k a game. We can not afford to retain a $1M/yr coach when he isn't bringing in the revenue to pay for him.


  7. #147
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lafayette,LA
    Posts
    3,908

    Default Re: Tanner Holmes Transferring

    It's time to press the reset button...this is the first time I've ever gone on record saying this and I'm not one to have knee jerk reactions. Keeping Hud through his contract, at this point, will do us more longtime harm than buying him out/lawsuit.


  8. #148
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.
    Posts
    5,808

    Default Re: Tanner Holmes Transferring

    While all of what is brought up here is troubling, it will all go away when we beat TAMU again this Saturday.

    It will be a shootout, but they ain't Tulsa. They can't play up tempo like that, they have serious QB issues, and I actually think we have more bullets than they do.


  9. #149
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,979

    Default Re: Tanner Holmes Transferring

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    While all of what is brought up here is troubling, it will all go away when we beat TAMU again this Saturday.

    It will be a shootout, but they ain't Tulsa. They can't play up tempo like that, they have serious QB issues, and I actually think we have more bullets than they do.
    CN, with all due respect, there is a thread to discuss the Aggie game.

    I can assure you that this issue won't go away. I, along with plenty of others, will not let it. What is going on with our program is a lot more important than any single win. Trust me, I want to win. REALLY want to win, and EXPECT to win. But this issue, like many others that are not even being discussed here, are destroying our program long term. It's a fact, and we need to wake up.

  10. #150
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,416

    Default Re: Tanner Holmes Transferring

    The best thing for all would be for HUD to have another 9-4 or 10-3 record and take a job elsewhere.

    We get a buyout, he gets a fresh start.

    It could happen.....


  11. #151
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,979

    Default Re: Tanner Holmes Transferring

    Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    The best thing for all would be for HUD to have another 9-4 or 10-3 record and take a job elsewhere.

    We get a buyout, he gets a fresh start.

    It could happen.....
    Absolutely the best outcome. Still interested how you came up with your attrition numbers btw...

  12. #152
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    123

    Default Re: Tanner Holmes Transferring

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    How many times we as fans are gonna bury our collective heads in the stands?

    ACT scandal
    13 arrested
    Player retention
    Trump comments (video doesn't bother me)
    Rapid decrease in RCAF membership/donations

    The juice is no longer worth the squeeze. Hudspeth has done as much damage to the program as he has improved it. If you compare attendance from year two to last years attendance we are losing $500k a game. We can not afford to retain a $1M/yr coach when he isn't bringing in the revenue to pay for him.
    How did you arrive at the $500k per game figure? Total attendance in 2012 was 137190; total attendance in 2016 was 121,346. You're telling me that an a drop of about 2,500 fans per game means we lose $500k in revenue?

  13. #153
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Absolutely the best outcome. Still interested how you came up with your attrition numbers btw...
    Its in previous post. I have stated this for the last two year.

  14. #154
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,979

    Default Re: Tanner Holmes Transferring

    Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Its in previous post. I have stated this for the last two year.
    I've tried to do the math myself, and your number is virtually impossible. Not saying you're wrong, maybe I'm doing something incorrectly?

  15. #155
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,979

    Default Re: Tanner Holmes Transferring

    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    How did you arrive at the $500k per game figure? Total attendance in 2012 was 137190; total attendance in 2016 was 121,346. You're telling me that an a drop of about 2,500 fans per game means we lose $500k in revenue?
    Season tickets sales, total tickets, concessions, etc.
    He may have the year wrong, but the figure is approx $500k per game. Yes.

  16. #156
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    CN, with all due respect, there is a thread to discuss the Aggie game.

    I can assure you that this issue won't go away. I, along with plenty of others, will not let it. What is going on with our program is a lot more important than any single win. Trust me, I want to win. REALLY want to win, and EXPECT to win. But this issue, like many others that are not even being discussed here, are destroying our program long term. It's a fact, and we need to wake up.
    STAY WOKE, MAT!!

  17. #157
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    123

    Default Re: Tanner Holmes Transferring

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Season tickets sales, total tickets, concessions, etc.
    He may have the year wrong, but the figure is approx $500k per game. Yes.
    Math just doesn't add up with the numbers I have my hands on. Gameday revenue for all of 2012 season was just under $2,000,000. So by losing $500k per game, that means our gameday revenue now should be $0?

  18. #158
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    League City, TX
    Posts
    1,740

    Default Re: Tanner Holmes Transferring

    He is not on the roster online. I wanted to see his stats.


  19. #159
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,979

    Default Re: Tanner Holmes Transferring

    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Math just doesn't add up with the numbers I have my hands on. Gameday revenue for all of 2012 season was just under $2,000,000. So by losing $500k per game, that means our gameday revenue now should be $0?
    I'm gunna try to do this quickly, busy today.
    Was just texting with Mel, and we kinda worked our way though those numbers.

    In 2014/2015, season ticket sales hit 13700+, but we'll use 13700. Average ticket price, low to high, came out to $213 a package. This number is not including corporate, family 5 pack, or suite sales.

    13700 x $213 = $2.91 Mil

    This year, we're right at 7100 ticket sales (which btw, is La Tech / Tualne bad)

    7100 x $213 = $1.5 Mil / 5 home games (we're extrapolating opening night over the course of the season. Atually could get worse.)

    The difference is approx $280k per game in losses.

    Also, considering modest number of walk up sales, tailgating losses, concessions (which we do not receive but maybe 20% of, I'm aware). Easily can add $130k per game.

    That difference is easily over $400k PER GAME. We still don't have all the revenue figures, but that $500k figure didn't just appear out of thin air.

    So, can we afford to buyout our HC? More like, can we afford to keep him?

  20. #160
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Math just doesn't add up with the numbers I have my hands on. Gameday revenue for all of 2012 season was just under $2,000,000. So by losing $500k per game, that means our gameday revenue now should be $0?
    Look at it this way. Hudspeth's pay was calculated based on the assumption that he would continue to increase excitement around the program and that we would average 30K in attendance. (I don't know that for a fact, that's just a general assumption)

    So now we are averaging 20K. The difference is 10K times an average of probably $30 per ticket. That gets you to $300K before you even factor in concessions and merch. So I could very easily see the number ending up near $500K.

    It's not lost revenue because we never had it in the first place. But it is lost opportunity.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •