Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Tanner Holmes Transferring

Default Re: Tanner Holmes Transferring

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    HUD certainly didn't hesitate to throw him under the bus in Stevie P's interview this morning. But he ended it with "Buut, we wish him well."

When asked why he left HUD; "Ya know, everybody wants to start and play RIGHT NOW. But we just really want the guys on the field will do their job and work hard."
    I don't think being transparent is throwing him under the bus. Makes sense although the kid is only a sophomore and he is or at least was a starter. Not sure what he feels is a better situation for him but as a coach, you don't want guys like that in your program anyhow if they are willing to leave after the second game of the season when he's playing a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I don't think being transparent is throwing him under the bus. Makes sense although the kid is only a sophomore and he is or at least was a starter. Not sure what he feels is a better situation for him but as a coach, you don't want guys like that in your program anyhow if they are willing to leave after the second game of the season when he's playing a ton.
    But weren't we told that he was injured?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    A lot of chatter on social media. People even challenging media to find out what the hell happened with Holmes. Might take a while, but it will come to light. I'm not suggesting it's sinister, but the locker room issues over the past 3 years have been no secret. Maybe this is a continuation of that. Maybe it's just a disgruntled player. Maybe the parents got involved.

Either way, it doesn't look good for the staff.
    Tanner Holmes was good friends with Cody Mitchell the TE who transferred out last year.

Are the locker room reasons given why he left last year applicable here?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    But weren't we told that he was injured?
    Came out of camp as the #1 WLB.
    Started game 1, came out injured. We're told we need Holmes on defense. VITAL to our success.
    Game 2, game time decision, plays sparingly. (Someone claims he had a "sickness")
    Sunday, he announces transfer.

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I remember a situation eerily similar to this a few years ago. Player was a starter at a prominent position. He quit after the 4th or 5th game of the season. He said all the right things to the media, but the situation was far from ideal and reflected very poorly on the staff.

It would be one thing if we were a program like Bama, LSU, Florida or another major recruiting powerhouse. We aren't and we are shedding players like a golden retriever sheds hair. There is definitely something amiss about what is going on.

We can't afford to have another losing season and I just don't see us winning 5 more games. The return on investment is no where near what a $1M a year HC is expected to produce. Time to cut out losses.

HUD certainly didn't hesitate to throw him under the bus in Stevie P's interview this morning. But he ended it with "Buut, we wish him well."

When asked why he left HUD; "Ya know, everybody wants to start and play RIGHT NOW. But we just really want the guys on the field will do their job and work hard."
    So a RS Frosh, that came out of camp as the #1 WLB, who was injured in game 1... Waited until game 2 of the season to transfer because of... playing time?

Don't insult my intelligence man..

So a RS Frosh, that came out of camp as the #1 WLB, who was injured in game 1... Waited until game 2 of the season to transfer because of... playing time?

I'm sure as you know everything will come to light. He said he was "granted his release". Didn't say he "asked for and was granted". Subtle things but we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by RcL8 View Post
    I'm sure as you know everything will come to light. He said he was "granted his release". Didn't say he "asked for and was granted". Subtle things but we shall see.
    There are a lot of omissions in that letter. If you analyze it, you can see where the gaps are. There's a lot here.

Guy could've been a 4 year starter. Starts game 1 then sparingly in game 2 due to illness. Announces he's transferring. Hud justifies playing time as reason for departure. RIIIIGGGHHHHTTT....still waiting on a real reason

Am I wrong for expecting a little more class from the head of the program and not bad mouthing a kid? I mean, just say 'He chose to play elsewhere', and not insinuate that he sucked and didn't work hard. A LOT of baseball players leave disgruntled because they can't get on the field, and for the life of me, I just cannot remember, or imagine, Robe selling a kid down the river.

Am I wrong for expecting a little more class from the head of the program and not bad mouthing a kid? I mean, just say 'He chose to play elsewhere', and not insinuate that he sucked and didn't work hard. A LOT of baseball players leave disgruntled because they can't get on the field, and for the life of me, I just cannot remember, or imagine, Robe selling a kid down the river.
    Let me stress this a little more. THE KID IS A RS FROSH and was the opening day STARTER. STAR-TER. Tanner Holmes was a prized recruit. TCU wanted him as badly as we did. I won't be at all surprised if he ends up there. Playing time had nothing to do with this happening.

Also, have you sided with the coach on every single player that quit the team? Just by sheer odds, that would be an incorrect assumption.

He is a typical meathead coach who refuses to look in the mirror as to why the program isn't where it should be. Between transfers and guys who never made it into campus we must be down to about 65% FBS talented athletes. The other 35% are walking quality kids.

Details on Holmes starting to come out... Drip Drip Drip..

If the buy out is the only thing holding this up...start a go fund me and let's get this ____ over with.

Details on Holmes starting to come out... Drip Drip Drip..
    What are the details?

Blog Entries

You're still missing the point. Our players are either being run off, or they're quitting on this coaching staff.
    I didn't miss it I just didn't comment on it.

I did say there might be a lot more of this to come and the reasons won't matter.

Supposedly the kid was hurt and was pressured to play. He couldn't go and was told that he either played or not see the field the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    If the buy out is the only thing holding this up...start a go fund me and let's get this ____ over with.
    Collateral damage might be even worse than the Holmes transfer. Locker room starting to speak up...

Drip drip drip..

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Supposedly the kid was hurt and was pressured to play. He couldn't go and was told that he either played or not see the field the rest of the season.
    Ha! C4L gives ZERO fooks. LMAO

It's very believeable, unfortunately. Hud is most likely desperate to keep his job.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast