Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Tanner Holmes Transferring

Default Re: Tanner Holmes Transferring

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Zeph, have you read any of this thread? Have you paid any attention to the lead up to this season?

Anyone who believes Holmes quit over "playing time" is an outright fool.
    Yes, i have kept up with everything. I simply stated that it doesn't jive with the assertion that he left the program due to playing time when he was a starter. The injury incident doesn't sound all that credible only because nobody knows the extent of his injuries and nobody knows what was said behind closed doors which is why it is a big mystery to everyone here. Why is it that you have to constantly attack those who question things?

Blog Entries

You're struggling to understand how a kid being run off for not playing injured is a big deal?
    You wrote this right? I am asking if you know that's what happened. You have a way of always insinuating that you know things. It's a straight forward question about what you know.

You're struggling to understand how a kid being run off for not playing injured is a big deal?
    A kid being asked to play injured is reason for termination. Injured means something is broken, torn or pulled badly. If he had none of those real issues that show up on X-ray, MRI or doctors examination and just had some pain that he was asked to play through that is a different story. Do you know the extent of his "injury"?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Yes, i have kept up with everything. I simply stated that it doesn't jive with the assertion that he left the program due to playing time when he was a starter. The injury incident doesn't sound all that credible only because nobody knows the extent of his injuries and nobody knows what was said behind closed doors which is why it is a big mystery to everyone here. Why is it that you have to constantly attack those who question things?
    I personally see it as being in the middle, Holmes didn't get the start, that p'sd him off...when they asked him to go in He says no, I'm hurt...they said if you don't get in there you done. Sounds much more logical than either argument and is somewhere in between both stories. Hud isn't the only coach on that field and we know there are several high character coaches on that staff that A wouldn't tolerate that and B wouldn't stay silent if it did go down that way. I guess we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    You wrote this right? I am asking if you know that's what happened. You have a way of always insinuating that you know things. It's a straight forward question about what you know.
    No it's not. You're trying to paint me into a corner.

How about this, do you know for sure that when your wife leaves the house for errands, she's really running errands? Do you know for certain the Mary was really a virgin? FOR 10000% CERTAIN? Do you know that Tropicana OJ is REALLY made with real juice? Did we really kill Osama?

Unless you're the kid, no one can know for 100% certainty. We take the evidence that we've been provided with and we make logical decisions based on that. I have overwhelming evidence for the claims I'm making. I don't just sit around and make shtt up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    I personally see it as being in the middle, Holmes didn't get the start, that p'sd him off...when they asked him to go in He says no, I'm hurt...they said if you don't get in there you done. Sounds much more logical than either argument and is somewhere in between both stories.
    That makes sense, it would also explain Hud's comment on playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    A kid being asked to play injured is reason for termination. Injured means something is broken, torn or pulled badly. If he had none of those real issues that show up on X-ray, MRI or doctors examination and just had some pain that he was asked to play through that is a different story. Do you know the extent of his "injury"?
    This is where I'm at, and I have reason to believe this is where the athletic admin is at. The injury was significant enough to be a major story through week 2. It was significant enough to have him removed from game 1.

Unfortunately, there is no official injury report in NCAA football. So it might come down to who knows what about the injury from the training staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    I personally see it as being in the middle, Holmes didn't get the start, that p'sd him off...when they asked him to go in He says no, I'm hurt...they said if you don't get in there you done. Sounds much more logical than either argument and is somewhere in between both stories. Hud isn't the only coach on that field and we know there are several high character coaches on that staff that A wouldn't tolerate that and B wouldn't stay silent if it did go down that way. I guess we will see.
    There are at least 2 posters that will back this up:

At the coaches show Thursday, Hudspeth told us over and over again "Holmes has to play", "we need him on the field", "LB have to step up".

Why would Holmes be the starter out of camp and then not start at Tulsa, after leaving the game with injury in week 1, and then being counted upon prior to kickoff?

There are at least 2 posters that will back this up:

At the coaches show Thursday, Hudspeth told us over and over again "Holmes has to play", "we need him on the field", "LB have to step up".

Why would Holmes be the starter out of camp and then not start at Tulsa, after leaving the game with injury in week 1, and then being counted upon prior to kickoff?
    Any number of a thousand things can happen between Thursday and kickoff that would cause a 19 year old not to start, that's just it...you don't know the whole story...none of us do. You are taking what you are told and making it fit a narrative. 99% of the time the truth is somewhere in the middle. If I had to guess they both handled the situation poorly. Doesn't mean hud went all mike leach on the kid with a 100 witnesses around.

No it's not. You're trying to paint me into a corner.

How about this, do you know for sure that when your wife leaves the house for errands, she's really running errands? Do you know for certain the Mary was really a virgin? FOR 10000% CERTAIN? Do you know that Tropicana OJ is REALLY made with real juice? Did we really kill Osama?

Unless you're the kid, no one can know for 100% certainty. We take the evidence that we've been provided with and we make logical decisions based on that. I have overwhelming evidence for the claims I'm making. I don't just sit around and make shtt up.
    I have overwhelming evidence that the claims you are making are false. So I assume as one poster said, "the truth is probably in the middle!"

MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun fan1 View Post
    I have overwhelming evidence that the claims you are making are false. So I assume as one poster said, "the truth is probably in the middle!"
    Let's hear the evidence then.

He missed a practice or two during the week and didn't start. When he was put in, he missed an assignment because of selfish play and Tulsa broke a long run. He got his ___ chewed and he didn't like it. That's it in a nutshell.
    He did have issues prior to the final scrimmage that had him on the hot seat with some coaches.

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

He missed a practice or two during the week and didn't start. When he was put in, he missed an assignment because of selfish play and Tulsa broke a long run. He got his ___ chewed and he didn't like it. That's it in a nutshell.
    He did have issues prior to the final scrimmage that had him on the hot seat with some coaches.
    Contrary to what a few players have said.

Blog Entries

There is an echo in hear.

I went back and watched his playing time in Tulsa game. I saw where he blew the assignment on the back during the third down play.

But your telling me he quit over that? Solid kid from a solid family that came from a winning program. Comes out of camp as the starter, chomping at the bit to play, and just up and quits after 1 bad play and an ___ chewing? That's more believable?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Contrary to what a few players have said.
    As I said, somewhere in the middle! Your players say one thing and my players say another.

He also missed practice due to injury and if he didn't start based on missing practice, explain Travis Crawford playing most of the game while missing practice? Also, why was it until the very last minute of the third quarter before he got into the game?

I went back and watched his playing time in Tulsa game. I saw where he blew the assignment on the back during the third down play.

But your telling me he quit over that? Solid kid from a solid family that came from a winning program. Comes out of camp as the starter, chomping at the bit to play, and just up and quits after 1 bad play and an ___ chewing? That's more believable?
    You're right!

As I said, somewhere in the middle! Your players say one thing and my players say another.
    There's an ocean between what we're saying. Also, are your players defensive guys or offensive guys?

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast