_ _ _ _
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 279

Thread: Tanner Holmes Transferring

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    15,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun fan1 View Post
    I understand and respect that.
    Just curious, are the guys you're able to talk to saying Holmes missed practice for some other reason than injury?

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Just curious, are the guys you're able to talk to saying Holmes missed practice for some other reason than injury?
    No, but I actually did not ask why, initially I was told by someone that he was sick but I'm really not sure

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    617

    Default Re: Tanner Holmes Transferring

    While watching "SEC Storied - Herschel Walker", I kept thinking now that is a man. I'm not insinuating that some of our players aren't, but when you get your shoulder dislocated and go right back into the game, you are definitely not of the "Strawberry" generation (easily bruised).

    I highly recommend all of our players to watch this documentary...


  4. #204
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    19,895
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Tanner Holmes Transferring

    Whether injured or sick when a player isn't able to practice, most would suspect his timing is off and he won't ready to play much less start.

    In the course of a dismal defensive routing you go against your better judgement of two quarters ago and decide to see if the rusty player can help.

    He confirms your original suspicions and then some, so you return to your original plan as far as rusty player is concerned.

    Rusty player quits.

    Conspiracy theories ensue.


  5. #205
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    15,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Whether injured or sick when a player isn't able to practice, most would suspect his timing is off and he won't ready to play much less start.

    In the course of a dismal defensive routing you go against your better judgement of two quarters ago and decide to see if the rusty player can help.

    He confirms your original suspicions and then some, so you return to your original plan as far as rusty player is concerned.

    Rusty player quits.

    Conspiracy theories ensue.
    Just stop. It's embarrassing.

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,181

    Default Re: Tanner Holmes Transferring

    Hey you know that guy Jim Cantore? Yeah, that Weather Channel guy who basically does nothing until a big storm comes. And when it comes he sticks himself in the windiest spot he can find and starts exaggerating and yelling about how insane things are around him?

    Kinda reminds me of one of the posters here.


  7. #207
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,181

    Default Re: Tanner Holmes Transferring

    I bet he's going to call me a name too.


  8. #208
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    South & East of Cajun Field
    Posts
    1,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Hey you know that guy Jim Cantore? Yeah, that Weather Channel guy who basically does nothing until a big storm comes. And when it comes he sticks himself in the windiest spot he can find and starts exaggerating and yelling about how insane things are around him?

    Kinda reminds me of one of the posters here.

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    South & East of Cajun Field
    Posts
    1,560

    Default Re: Tanner Holmes Transferring

    My favorite was when he said, "okay, when the storm makes landfall, what your're going to have is a lot of wind and rain".

    I mean, who knew?


  10. #210
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,299

    Default Re: Tanner Holmes Transferring

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I bet he's going to call me a name too.
    Well, you are the one antagonizing here. Pretty easy to ignore posters you don't want to see.

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,245

    Default Re: Tanner Holmes Transferring

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    This is where I'm at, and I have reason to believe this is where the athletic admin is at. The injury was significant enough to be a major story through week 2. It was significant enough to have him removed from game 1.

    Unfortunately, there is no official injury report in NCAA football. So it might come down to who knows what about the injury from the training staff.
    Trey ragas was removed from game 1 and was a big story all week as well, so IMO that really doesn't say anything to the extent of the injury and if he could or should go.

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    15,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Well, you are the one antagonizing here. Pretty easy to ignore posters you don't want to see.
    The guy is irrelevant. He has a long history of being completely and totally wrong, a university schill, a farmer cuckhold, and takes the opposite side of every argument just for attention.

    Also a liberal, so there's that.

  13. #213
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    16,031
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Tanner Holmes Transferring

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I bet he's going to call me a name too.
    Rebel... shame on you. Substance dude. Substance.

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,306
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    I personally see it as being in the middle, Holmes didn't get the start, that p'sd him off...when they asked him to go in He says no, I'm hurt...they said if you don't get in there you done. Sounds much more logical than either argument and is somewhere in between both stories. Hud isn't the only coach on that field and we know there are several high character coaches on that staff that A wouldn't tolerate that and B wouldn't stay silent if it did go down that way. I guess we will see.
    Ding ding ding!
    But ManInHisOwnLittleMind knows the truth but can't tell anyone you just have to trust him. And if you don't believe him you are a *#%&$@?$&@&$.

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,306
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The guy is irrelevant. He has a long history of being completely and totally wrong,
    Says the guy who argued for a whole week that losing games was reason to terminate Hud's contract.....until a lawyer told him how WRONG he was.

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    15,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Ding ding ding!
    But ManInHisOwnLittleMind knows the truth but can't tell anyone you just have to trust him. And if you don't believe him you are a *#%&$@?$&@&$.
    It's been over a year, and you still haven't figured out what the hell was said. But I understand why you cling to it because it's the only thing you have. I feel sorry for you.

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Rebel... shame on you. Substance dude. Substance.
    One dude just posted 150 times in one thread like Alex Jones on a 3 day cocaine bender and you're going to call me out for one single post?

    P.S. I said he'd respond by name-calling, and and he responded by calling me lots of names. If that's not substance I don't know what is.

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Let's hear the evidence then.
    And here is where the thread jumped the shark.

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    19,895
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Tanner Holmes Transferring

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Just stop. It's embarrassing.
    Sorry that was not my intent, I don't want to embarrass anyone.

    It's just that literally every coach who has ever coached at one time or another has said "If you didn't practice, you don't play."

    Every coach has also made exceptions I am sure.

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    15,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Sorry that was not my intent, I don't want to embarrass anyone.

    It's just that literally every coach who has ever coached at one time or another has said "If you didn't practice, you don't play."

    Every coach has also made exceptions I am sure.
    That's a nice story, and I'm sorry about your reading ability, but that's not at all when's being discussed here.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •