Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Tanner Holmes Transferring

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Rebel... shame on you. Substance dude. Substance.
    One dude just posted 150 times in one thread like Alex Jones on a 3 day cocaine bender and you're going to call me out for one single post?

P.S. I said he'd respond by name-calling, and and he responded by calling me lots of names. If that's not substance I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Let's hear the evidence then.
    And here is where the thread jumped the shark.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Tanner Holmes Transferring

Just stop. It's embarrassing.
    Sorry that was not my intent, I don't want to embarrass anyone.

It's just that literally every coach who has ever coached at one time or another has said "If you didn't practice, you don't play."

Every coach has also made exceptions I am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Sorry that was not my intent, I don't want to embarrass anyone.

It's just that literally every coach who has ever coached at one time or another has said "If you didn't practice, you don't play."

Every coach has also made exceptions I am sure.
    That's a nice story, and I'm sorry about your reading ability, but that's not at all when's being discussed here.

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

We gonna lose by 50 this weekend. It's gonna be Holmes fault. Or Lucas, or Hall or anyone else but Hudspeths.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    We gonna lose by 50 this weekend. It's gonna be Holmes fault. Or Lucas, or Hall or anyone else but Hudspeths.
    Can always fall back on the APC

Quote Originally Posted by studentfan View Post
    Can always fall back on the APC
    Very true.

I realize our defense to date has been a disaster, but why should we expect that A&M will destroy us, especially after the performance last week?

Now, I realize that last week's game between A&M & Nichols does not necessarily translate to this week's outcome, but does it not tell us something about where that program (A&M) is mindset-wise in the overall scheme of things?

I understand the talk about their head coach wanting to save his hide, but I'm pretty sure our head coach also wants to save his hide as well. I understand the talk that our head coach may have lost the locker room, but I suspect there's plenty of talk that their head coach has lost their locker room as well.

Could be an interesting matchup with two programs that strangely find themselves in a similar position.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    I realize our defense to date has been a disaster, but why should we expect that A&M will destroy us, especially after the performance last week?

Now, I realize that last week's game between A&M & Nichols does not necessarily translate to this week's outcome, but does it not tell us something about where that program (A&M) is mindset-wise in the overall scheme of things?

I understand the talk about their head coach wanting to save his hide, but I'm pretty sure our head coach also wants to save his hide as well. I understand the talk that our head coach may have lost the locker room, but I suspect there's plenty of talk that their head coach has lost their locker room as well.

Could be an interesting matchup with two programs that strangely find themselves in a similar position.
    Because there is a huge difference in talent. We have given up 49 & 66 points which leads me to Dennis Green "We are who we thought they were".

We just plain suck.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    One dude just posted 150 times in one thread like Alex Jones on a 3 day cocaine bender and you're going to call me out for one single post?

P.S. I said he'd respond by name-calling, and and he responded by calling me lots of names. If that's not substance I don't know what is.
    .....So "ad hominem" is still present on RP.....thought I had taught fallacious arguments by now!!! Lol

Because there is a huge difference in talent.
    Was that not also the case with Nichols?

Just stop. It's embarrassing.
    I have not weighed in because I have zero information. Also I have zero interest in impugning someone's character in public without absolute proof. These are serious charges some of you are putting out there. I would hope that we would be better than that.
    Why is Turbine's version of events any less plausible than another?

I think it's about time he calls out another defensive coordinator. No way he calls out his new boy Hall just yet.

Was that not also the case with Nichols?
    They've given up less points in 2 games than we have against Tulsa.

They've given up less points in 2 games than we have against Tulsa.
    What I'm trying to understand, based on all information available to date, is why A&M should destroy us. Is it your assertion that Nichols has a more talented squad overall than the Cajuns or is there something else in the mix?

...but why should we expect that A&M will destroy us, especially after the performance last week?
    because Rebowe > Hud

What I'm trying to understand, based on all information available to date, is why A&M should destroy us. Is it your assertion that Nichols has a more talented squad overall than the Cajuns or is there something else in the mix?
    Nicholls clearly has a better defense than we do. If we could hold A&M to ~30 points I think we'd have a reasonable chance to beat them. But I don't see that happening. Not with this defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    I have not weighed in because I have zero information. Also I have zero interest in impugning someone's character in public without absolute proof. These are serious charges some of you are putting out there. I would hope that we would be better than that.
    Good post.

Blog Entries

well said

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Good post.
    Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    well said
    yep.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast