Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: post Texas A&M: Hud Accountability Index

Blog Entries

Default Re: Official fire hud thread

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Faulty logic, Pride. Your causality is backwards. 8 wins and a bowl makes a conference championship likely, but never guarantees it. 8 wins and a conference championship guarantees a bowl every year.
    Salty logic

We can disagree, but I still stay you need multiple goals to measure success. Coach Robe has a goal to win 20 games before you lose 10 for a reason. That reason is that it helps set the path to ultimate goals. Conf Champs should always be a goal, but it is possible to win the National Championship without winning your own conference if your team is good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Yes.

To whom much is given, much is expected. The level of the program does not match the salary. I believe he has taken this thing as far as his capabilities and temperament will allow.

At this point, we have to ask the question of whether we are satisfied with going Bowling more often than not, no big wins, no conference championships, or do we want more?
    You and I don't often agree completely but I definitely endorse this post.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunPride View Post
    We can disagree, but I still stay you need multiple goals to measure success. Coach Robe has a goal to win 20 games before you lose 10 for a reason. That reason is that it helps set the path to ultimate goals. Conf Champs should always be a goal, but it is possible to win the National Championship without winning your own conference if your team is good enough.
    Pride, baseball and football are entirely different animals. Coach Rob has goals because the season is very long, so he divides it into quarters. If you reach each goal 1st, 2nd and 3rd, it's more than likely you are in a regional. Nothing wrong with measured goals.

Football coaches do it as well, out of conference schedule (Preseason) and then conference schedule. I don't like calling any part of a schedule preseason (meaning they don't matter) because this is where a number of G5 programs have raised their brands, with upsets against better competition.

I don't have any problem with your statements. Each supporter needs to decide what is their measuring stick or standard. After watching App. State and Georgia Southern come into the conference and win championships while we have no outright championships, going bowling is secondary. Coach Hudspeth set the standard at 8 wins plus a bowl game, while it's not entirely fair to expect those results every season, it is fair to say we should be competing at the top of the worst FBS conference every season with our resources and facilities. We have not done so in the past 3 seasons. That to me, is not acceptable.

Just winning the SBC championship is not enough, even though we have not even achieved that. Being competitive with Boise at home or other G5 top teams, or even any La. team not with a cat mascot is the minimum goal, imo.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Just winning the SBC championship is not enough, even though we have not even achieved that. Being competitive with Boise at home or other G5 top teams, or even any La. team not with a cat mascot is the minimum goal, imo.
    1 or 2 times a,year will never present enough opportunities.

Independent.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    1 or 2 times a,year will never present enough opportunities.

Independent.
    We have had plenty of opportunities, add to the fact that winning some will present more of them. Not a good excuse to fail when those opportunities arise.

Blog Entries

We have had plenty of opportunities, add to the fact that winning some will present more of them. Not a good excuse to fail when those opportunities arise.
    When teams reset every year, one opportunity annually does not add up to many or plenty.

When teams reset every year, one opportunity annually does not add up to many.
    I don't think we are on the same page. How can you say that? In 2014, we played Boise and Tech. Had we won those, and our regulars, then we would have surely played one more in a bowl. That's 3 in one year.

Blog Entries

I don't think we are on the same page. How can you say that? In 2014, we played Boise and Tech. Had we won those, and our regulars, then we would have surely played one more in a bowl. That's 3 in one year.
    You said "at home."

You said "at home."
    Ok, I will clarify, I said Boise at home, where we should have a better chance. Others..anywhere.

Blog Entries

Ok, I will clarify, I said Boise at home, where we should have a better chance. Others..anywhere.
    Imagine playing only one OOC P5 game a year.

Pretend you are SEC Tennessee playing Florida every year.

They haven't won since 2004.

Imagine ONLY playing away, Tennessee's record would be even worse.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Imagine playing only one OOC P5 game a year.

Pretend you are SEC Tennessee playing Florida every year.

They haven't won since 2004.

Imagine ONLY playing away, Tennessee's record would be even worse.
    It's like this.

Put Iowa State in the SBC, and they would be Texas State in a few years.

Put Louisiana or Arkansas State in the Big-12 and they would be Kansas State in a few years.

The question, Turbine, is how do you rise to the Big-12 level without an invite?

I believe you and I have this answer. You join them de facto. Go. Indy. Schedule as many Big-12 schools as possible in every sport, every year. With the right plan of action, the right major push by the admin and the RCAF to coincide with the move, I believe you would see recruiting and season ticket sales absolutely skyrocket.

Blog Entries

It's like this.

Put Louisiana or Arkansas State in the Big-12 and they would be Kansas State in a few years.

The question, Turbine, is how do you rise to the Big-12 level without an invite?

I believe you and I have this answer. You join them de facto. Go. Indy. Schedule as many Big-12 schools as possible in every sport, every year. With the right plan of action, the right major push by the admin and the RCAF to coincide with the move, I believe you would see recruiting and season ticket sales absolutely skyrocket.
    No doubt.

National respect goes through the roof regardless of growing pains.

It's like this.

This is true, only because schools in question would also exchange revenue & prestige.

Playing a B12 schedule but still having a SBC budget will not work. B12 schools are not going to play a home-home schedule with UL, so you will have 8 B12 road games and 4 Southland Conference home games. Not sure that will sell season tickets. One positive is that UL may be able to compete with other G5 schools for future in state recruits rather than beating out McNeese & Nichols for current recruits

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRanchMan View Post
    This is true, only because schools in question would also exchange revenue & prestige.

Playing a B12 schedule but still having a SBC budget will not work. B12 schools are not going to play a home-home schedule with UL, so you will have 8 B12 road games and 4 Southland Conference home games. Not sure that will sell season tickets. One positive is that UL may be able to compete with other G5 schools for future in state recruits rather than beating out McNeese & Nichols for current recruits
    You don't need to play 8 B12 road game to play a B12 road schedule, half that or less gets the same respect.

If UL were playing a B12 road schedule, schools would be knocking down the door to play at The Real Swamp.

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Talk of the big 12 stuff is ridiculous. It's never going to happen. Especially with this administration who isn't all in on winning. Hell they aren't even all in on making Tier I academically.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Talk of the big 12 stuff is ridiculous. It's never going to happen. Especially with this administration who isn't all in on winning. Hell they aren't even all in on making Tier I academically.
    Sun Belt.

Get rid of the ic at UL, by starting with ridiculous.

You plant seeds before you grow trees.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I don't see much more realignment in the very near future, and even if there was, where would we go? The only two conferences worth talking about would be the Mountain West and the AAC. I suspect being a member of the MWC would be just as expensive travel-wise as going Independent. And I don't think the AAC would give us a sniff, not where we are currently.

Going Independent would be very tough but nothing in life that's worth going after isn't tough to obtain. I don't have all the answers on how to get it done, but slumming around and wasting time in the SBC sure doesn't seem to be the solution to getting us to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Pride, baseball and football are entirely different animals. Coach Rob has goals because the season is very long, so he divides it into quarters. If you reach each goal 1st, 2nd and 3rd, it's more than likely you are in a regional. Nothing wrong with measured goals.

Football coaches do it as well, out of conference schedule (Preseason) and then conference schedule. I don't like calling any part of a schedule preseason (meaning they don't matter) because this is where a number of G5 programs have raised their brands, with upsets against better competition.

I don't have any problem with your statements. Each supporter needs to decide what is their measuring stick or standard. After watching App. State and Georgia Southern come into the conference and win championships while we have no outright championships, going bowling is secondary. Coach Hudspeth set the standard at 8 wins plus a bowl game, while it's not entirely fair to expect those results every season, it is fair to say we should be competing at the top of the worst FBS conference every season with our resources and facilities. We have not done so in the past 3 seasons. That to me, is not acceptable.
    Yes

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast