Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Official fire hud thread

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStros View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that our talent on defense can't be this bad? Inquiring minds want to know.
    We don't have studs at linebacker. That makes a big difference. That is the staffs fault for not keeping the cupboard full but yes, the talent is that bad in the run defense.

Default Re: Official fire hud thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunnewby View Post
    Isn't that coaches job?
    Gameplanning?
    Not absolving them. But those are the issues on defense in my opinion. We know that Lucas can scheme, especially against the run, based on last year's results. Losing two veterans key to stopping the run hurt. But that's basically been the book on Hud since he got here: great motivator, keep him away from X's and O's, and we haven't seen the development we want from guys that have the talent to be great.

RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Don't start the fire the coach threads after one loss. We're not LSU A&M. If the team continues this path, then you've got an argument. But, let's not overreact. HUD has given us the most success that this team has seen in decades. He's far from perfect. Really far. And the defense is garbage. But lets not lose our heads.

Doing something over and over and expecting a different result = insanity.
    Expecting something different from a person that historically has made idiotic decisions = battered wife syndrome.

I agree... 6 years in we should be further along. No signature wins, no top 25 and can't win the Sun Belt. For what he's getting paid we should be getting better results.

50, 60, 70 points given up is not acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    I agree... 6 years in we should be further along. No signature wins, no top 25 and can't win the Sun Belt. For what he's getting paid we should be getting better results.
    We will beat A&M next week. Just have a feeling. Prob bc they suck a lot. They struggling with thibideaux middle right now

100+ over two games. SMH....

Firing the DC won't help. Who keeps hiring coordinators and firing them?

Agree...if we have three straight loosing seasons we need to make a change. The days of authement and keeping unsuccessful coaches are over.

Year by year contracts.
    Bonus money makes up for yearly contract.

Do we have the money to buy his contract out? How much money are we talking about?
    Who do we get? Art briles son? Or Steve spurrier' son? Both were coordinators under their dads. Or Canada from lsu?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuns1 View Post
    ACT scandal. Trump video. 13 players arrested. Getting blown up by G5 teams. I'm done. Sign me up. For $1mm a year I expect more. I thought we were past this.
    this X 1,000,000,000!! UL football is dead to me until Hud is dismissed....

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    We will beat A&M next week. Just have a feeling. Prob bc they suck a lot. They struggling with thibideaux middle right now
    I want nothing to do with Nichols and that is a _______sad statement.

Did we miss the boat on Rebow?

We need Rebowe. That dude can recruit!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    We need Rebowe. That dude can recruit!
    Rebowe is a better coach than recruiter. He has an eye for talent and he gets high quality young men to play above their heads.

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Do we have the money to buy his contract out? How much money are we talking about?
    Who do we get? Art briles son? Or Steve spurrier' son? Both were coordinators under their dads. Or Canada from lsu?
    Hud's contract runs through 2020 and no, we do not have the money to buy him out. It is my strong opinion that unless we go 3 and 9 or worse, a replacement won't be considered. A change may not even be made at that point. I know the point which will come next, "it costs more to keep him than replace him". That is due to the lost support belief. That misses one thing, you still have to find someone or a combination of folks to write the check. That is likely around 2 million dollars. In this economy, no one will do that. Therefore, I think threads like this are pointless and accomplish nothing other than helping people vent. Having said all this does not mean I think we are getting our money's worth. We should have better results as our staff is one of the most highly compensated in our league. Finally, I don't think the defensive staff forgot how to coach and they were fairly successful a year ago. I conclude the talent on that side of the ball is fairly lacking and I question how much they can improve. That is a shame as our offense is vastly improved. Their future is bright as almost that entire unit returns next season. Can reinforcements be brought in to help the defense will tell the tale on next year. At this stage we will just have to outscore people to have any success in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Hud's contract runs through 2020 and no, we do not have the money to buy him out. It is my strong opinion that unless we go 3 and 9 or worse, a replacement won't be considered. A change may not even be made at that point. I know the point which will come next, "it costs more to keep him than replace him". That is due to the lost support belief. That misses one thing, you still have to find someone or a combination of folks to write the check. That is likely around 2 million dollars. In this economy, no one will do that. Therefore, I think threads like this are pointless and accomplish nothing other than helping people vent. Having said all this does not mean I think we are getting our money's worth. We should have better results as our staff is one of the most highly compensated in our league. Finally, I don't think the defensive staff forgot how to coach and they were fairly successful a year ago. I conclude the talent on that side of the ball is fairly lacking and I question how much they can improve. That is a shame as our offense is vastly improved. Their future is bright as almost that entire unit returns next season. Can reinforcements be brought in to help the defense will tell the tale on next year. At this stage we will just have to outscore people to have any success in 2017.
    3 more years of this garbage, thanks sf for locking the coach in.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Therefore, I think threads like this are pointless and accomplish nothing other than helping people vent.
    Giving a place for fans to vent is one of the main reasons there are fan forums at all.

I doubt hud is here in 2020. Why not pull the trigger if we have another mediocre season if we have great options for bringing in someone better?

Regardless of how you look at it, we were not "suppose" to win the game tonight or next week. We got lucky and had enough offense to keep it somewhat a ballgame.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast