Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: FB Final: Louisiana 42, Tulsa 66

Blog Entries

Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs Tulsa

UL's offense is good, the defense is bad, the panic plays (2PC OSK) were premature and unacceptable.

The "return" to the PRE-Lucas turnover focused, swarm defense, is producing the same results as it did before he took over last year.

I don't want to make any excuses for our defense, but Tulsa is likely better than any offense we will face in conference. We have the type of offense that can win a conference championship and call me crazy, but I'm predicting right now that we win our first outright championship this year if Davis stays healthy.

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

42 points and over 600 yards offence is a winning combination on any football team. Any coach in the nation will take that.

I hate to lose but I'm encouraged by our offensive plays. I still think 7-5 is doable. I felt 2-2 to start the year was realistic but was praying for 3-1. Not the end of the world unless you thought we would win the NC. They put up big numbers but so did we oh and we could be GaSo or GaSt right now.

The offense was good, but 2 costly turnovers and a couple of key missed passes to wide open WR's didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    So you give them a short field with 12 plus minutes to go. Sorry but don't buy your logic.
    I think it was worth the chance. They were scoring pretty much at will. They didnt need a short field. We needed a chance to score. That play is always a huge risk but it almost worked. I'm ok with it.

We need to move some of our backs to LB

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    UL's offense is good, the defense is bad, the panic plays (2PC OSK) were premature and unacceptable.

The "return" to the PRE-Lucas turnover focused, swarm defense, is producing the same results as it did before he took over last year.
    I think of last year with Jennings and how last year was wasted with Davis not playing. So wasted..

Quote Originally Posted by Redgineer View Post
    I think of last year with Jennings and how last year was wasted with Davis not playing. So wasted..
    I've thought the same thing though the coaches felt Jennings showed better leadership and skill in practice than Davis. Maybe Davis is playing like he is this year because he sat out so much of last year. Hindsight's always 20 20 it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    And Hud not winning games is grounds for terminating his contract, right? What an _______....ManInHisOwnLittleMind
    ____ing negative IQ.. don't speak to me

Offense looked great, some of that was because how quickly we got the ball back :/ hope we can outscore some sbc teams...

Quote Originally Posted by RileyPaul43 View Post
    Finally able to watch it, Artigue misses the extra point.... coverage goes out again
    Wasn't artigue. Backup kicker was in, but no idea why.

Artigue is not healthy. Playing thru aninjury

Crazy his our backup kicker can't kick a PAT. Can our backup QB throw a pass? Can a backup WR catch a simple pass? I would assume our backup kicker has at least attempted a PAT in his career so we don't have to discuss 'timing", etc...

'Bad' would be a tremendous upgrade for this defense and would make us a very dangerous team with the offense thus far. I pray for just a bad defense this year and not an atrocious one.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs Tulsa

Quote Originally Posted by jcstewart View Post
    'Bad' would be a tremendous upgrade for this defense and would make us a very dangerous team with the offense thus far. I pray for just a bad defense this year and not an atrocious one.
    To put things in perspective, SLU lost to Bethune-Cookman 28/23. Apparently they're not the super offense we were led to believe. We're probably #128 in overall defense and scoring defense as well, but probably top twenty in scoring offense and yards per game.

I'm finding it hard to believe we cannot get the defense from awful to just plain bad.

Just read the SLU version of the loss. They were without last weeks quarterback, his replacement threw three interceptions.

Tulsa just scored again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    I've thought the same thing though the coaches felt Jennings showed better leadership and skill in practice than Davis. Maybe Davis is playing like he is this year because he sat out so much of last year. Hindsight's always 20 20 it seems.
    I have no doubt Jennings looked better in practice last August, but who knew he had peaked and wouldn't improve.

Now though we can't help but think where Davis would be with a little more investment in him last year.

I like what I see now.

I have no doubt Jennings looked better in practice last August, but who knew he had peaked and wouldn't improve.

Now though we can't help but think where Davis would be with a little more investment in him last year.

I like what I see now.
    Agreed. If our offense can continue to play at this level, or even improve, and if we can improve our defense even a little, we should have a fine season.

Of course, if my aunt had nuts, she'd be my uncle.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Agreed. If our offense can continue to play at this level, or even improve, and if we can improve our defense even a little, we should have a fine season.

Of course, if my aunt had nuts, she'd be my uncle.
    Agreed.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast