Thread: Why Don't we see more Ragin Cajuns in the CFL

Blog Entries

Default Why Don't we see more Ragin Cajuns in the CFL

For the past few year's I've seen some great talent that played for UL. Player's like Kemmie Lewis, Tyrell Fenroy, Jason Chery, Mike Dez, Harry Peoples, Terrance Broadway to name a few. I guess my question is why we don't see more Cajuns play in the CFL if they don't make a NFL roster. I know that Kyries, Fred Stamps had really good careers. Should more go? Will the NFL ever get a minor league to play in the Spring just like NFL Europe

Default Re: Why Don't we see more Ragin Cajuns in the CFL

Quote Originally Posted by Spydaman70507 View Post
    For the past few year's I've seen some great talent that played for UL. Player's like Kemmie Lewis, Tyrell Fenroy, Jason Chery, Mike Dez, Harry Peoples, Terrance Broadway to name a few. I guess my question is why we don't see more Cajuns play in the CFL if they don't make a NFL roster. I know that Kyries, Fred Stamps had really good careers. Should more go? Will the NFL ever get a minor league to play in the Spring just like NFL Europe

That is a good question.

I know they do have limits on the number of non-canadian players on each team, so that may be part of the reason. There are only so many spots available

I found the below via google:

"CFL roster sizes are 46 players (rather than 53 as in the NFL, though only 45 will dress for a game). A CFL team may dress up to 44 players comprising 21 non-imports (essentially, Canadians), 20 imports (almost exclusively Americans), and 3 quarterbacks"

Maybe we should get the cajuns to push for counting as non-imports as well, since many of the cajun people came from nova scotia

I dunno, but fred stamps was one of the best receivers the CFL ever saw.

League minimum is 42k, league average is 80k...very few even make 6 figures, mainly QB's. That's not a lot of money to move your family to Canada or be away from your family in Canada.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    League minimum is 42k, league average is 80k...very few even make 6 figures, mainly QB's. That's not a lot of money to move your family to Canada or be away from your family in Canada.
    Yet we are told baseball players leave (while yet underclassmen because their stock will never be higher) for far less than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Yet we are told baseball players leave (while yet underclassmen because their stock will never be higher) for far less than that.
    Very few guys go to majors without going to the minors...very few go from CFL to NFL. One you pretty much have to go through to get to the end game, the other is your end game.