_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Miami at Arkansas State game

Default Miami at Arkansas State game

I understand why however FAU & FIU are both playing away this weekend..... Miami ducked out on this one IMO

Default Re: Miami at Arkansas State game

I imagine stAte would have hosted the game if asked.

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I imagine stAte would have hosted the game if asked.
    They were hosting it

The writer did add the reasoning:

Sue the p*ss out of them.
    Ridiculous decision.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    They were hosting it

Oh...didn't realize that. Bet they are pizzzed!

They are worried about getting back when they are being told to evacuate????

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    They were hosting it

There was already a game plan to house the familes, coaches and players in Memphis till they were able to get back to Miami .. Mark Richt wanted out this game since he got there and this was an easy out

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    There was already a game plan to house the familes, coaches and players in Memphis till they were able to get back to Miami .. Mark Richt wanted out this game since he got there and this was an easy out
    Mohajir is not one to mess with. I hope he sues Miami into oblivion.

easy 30-40 mill lawsuit

Arkansas State has been waiting for this game for a while. Not easy to get P5 games at home. I wonder how many times stAte had to play in Miami to get a home game? Conventional wisdom is you do not want to ______ off the big boys but I hope Mohair sues and wins. There is a contract, a material breach of that contract, damages from that breach and hopefully insurance. Miami can travel to Jonesboro and the game in Jonesboro will not be affected by the weather. Miami went to App. State last year. Obviously, Miami wanted any excuse to void the contract but the obligations under the contract (to show up a play football) could be easily fulfilled. Did the Miami athletic department just tell stAte that they weren't coming or did Miami's legal counsel advise that the contract could be legally voided? This will be an interesting thing to follow.

Hurt them. This is big boy running scared. You see Arkansas State take Nebraska to the wire...they shrivel up like a turtle. Sad. Sue them and make them pay 10 times the amount they wanted to for the money game.

I am sure the contract has a "force majuere" or act of God provision that voids the contract if an act of God, and not the actions of one of the parties, prevents the performance of the contract. The hurricane is an act of God but the hurricane does not affect the performance of the contract. The game is in Jonesboro not Miami. Miami can leave Friday for the game. If the storm threatens Miami, the football team will probably be evacuated anyway. The Miami apologists in the media have already started the spin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    I am sure the contract has a "force majuere" or act of God provision that voids the contract if an act of God, and not the actions of one of the parties, prevents the performance of the contract. The hurricane is an act of God but the hurricane does not affect the performance of the contract. The game is in Jonesboro not Miami. Miami can leave Friday for the game. If the storm threatens Miami, the football team will probably be evacuated anyway. The Miami apologists in the media have already started the spin.
    I'd be willing to bet that in the contract Miami can buy out the game for a large sum for no reason at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    I'd be willing to bet that in the contract Miami can buy out the game for a large sum for no reason at all.
    yea, they definitely have a section in the contract for miami backing out. now, does it have a date clause in there is the question, and that is where a-state may be able to take them to the cleaners.

There might be such a clause. Other contracts between P5 schools and G5 schools can be enforced. I recall both Texas A & M and Alabama wanted to buy-out their contractual visit to Lafayette but we refused. Recently, Southern Miss agreed to a buy-out only because they had fired their previous coach and needed the money. In this case I think Miami will say the hurricane caused the cancellation and, therefore, Miami doesn't owe stAte anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    There might be such a clause. Other contracts between P5 schools and G5 schools can be enforced. I recall both Texas A & M and Alabama wanted to buy-out their contractual visit to Lafayette but we refused. Recently, Southern Miss agreed to a buy-out only because they had fired their previous coach and needed the money. In this case I think Miami will say the hurricane caused the cancellation and, therefore, Miami doesn't owe stAte anything.
    I think it will be somewhere in between, Miami says take your buyout money and shut up or keep pushing the issue and we will drain your budget with our lawyers and you will get nothing because nobody will rule in your favor after this cat 5 smashes Miami.

Words can't even describe how angry I would be if I was a stAte supporter...damn shame. You think this game would be canceled if they were playing USC at Jerry World?! Hell no! If you're, scared say you're scared!

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

As far as I can tell from reading their fans' posts on the SBC board, the only "get out of jail free" out clause was if the game was impossible to play. Not the case here.

ESPN offered to show the game on Friday.

stAte offered to pay for extended stays for Miami's entire party in Memphis. They offered their facilities for Miami to use until they can return.

All other Florida schools are getting their games played one way or another .

Looks like Miami used this storm as an excuse to not lose in Jonesboro, because they were going to get their tails kicked, and they knew it.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    As far as I can tell from reading their fans' posts on the SBC board, the only "get out of jail free" out clause was if the game was impossible to play. Not the case here.

ESPN offered to show the game on Friday.

stAte offered to pay for extended stays for Miami's entire party in Memphis. They offered their facilities for Miami to use until they can return.

All other Florida schools are getting their games played one way or another .

Looks like Miami used this storm as an excuse to not lose in Jonesboro, because they were going to get their tails kicked, and they knew it.
    Not with Judge Kellen Winslow Jr. presiding.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Update: stAte has told Miami to pay up.

I don't know what's funnier, stAte fans thinking Miami is scared, or Miami fans thinking losing this game will hurt their chances at getting in the playoffs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast