Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Coaching situation?

Default Coaching situation?

Can we get a new coach without a buyout penalty this year for Hud? I believe he has no years left on the current contract. I see the same fundamental flaws in the team this year as I have seen in the past 3 years. I like Hud but if UL cannot get the $1MM salary ROI from him, then it's time to make some changes and make them quick. What is RPers opinions on this subject?

Default Re: Coaching situation?

I think his contract had been extended either 1 or 2 more so we will have a buyout. It might end up being worth it. The defense last night was pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    I think his contract had been extended either 1 or 2 more so we will have a buyout. It might end up being worth it. The defense last night was pathetic.
    Defense AND special teams! They should NEVER give up 3 return scores. One is always bad enough. Should've beaten them by at least 2 scores.

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Isn't Hud the special teams coach?

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: Coaching situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    If he hasn't earned a salary bump he hasn't earned an extension. Thinking he's here through 2020, 2019 for sure.

Well that sucks for the fans. Once again, thanks SF!

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    Can we get a new coach without a buyout penalty this year for Hud? I believe he has no years left on the current contract. I see the same fundamental flaws in the team this year as I have seen in the past 3 years. I like Hud but if UL cannot get the $1MM salary ROI from him, then it's time to make some changes and make them quick. What is RPers opinions on this subject?
    I heard that Jerry Baldwin is available?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun tom View Post
    I heard that Jerry Baldwin is available?
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    Hud has done a good job given the cards he has been dealt. Another coach is unlikely to have more success. As long as UL is in the "prestigious" Sunbelt, their resources will be limited which effects facilities and recruiting. Getting into a better conference is another story in itself. Due to the precarious state of the future TV contracts, the P5 is more likely to consolidate than expand, which will effect any G5 expansion. Most college football fans are unrealistic, but some of you are outright delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRanchMan View Post
    Hud has done a good job given the cards he has been dealt. Another coach is unlikely to have more success. As long as UL is in the "prestigious" Sunbelt, their resources will be limited which effects facilities and recruiting. Getting into a better conference is another story in itself. Due to the precarious state of the future TV contracts, the P5 is more likely to consolidate than expand, which will effect any G5 expansion. Most college football fans are unrealistic, but some of you are outright delusional.
    Get bent ____ wad.

Arkansas St, App St seem to be doing more with less. May be losing to P5 schools but at least competitive. Close games for many of them. UL has taken three steps forward and now 2 back. I cannot sugar coat that turd any more than that. We have what we need to progress. If the sunbelt is the issue, why have we not destroyed all our conference mates with less facilities. Eventually we need to get back to the reality of the situation. Texas is the most funded school and their record shows the coaches issues, just like ours in the poorer end of the scale.

Geaux is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Go tell that to Scott Satterfield of App. St. and Neil Brown of Troy. Troy was ranked last year and App. St. had Miami at their house and barely lost to Tennessee. Both of these coaches make half of what HUD makes.

Paradise is where you are. Outside of LSU we have the best facilities in the state and arguably the best of the G5 in the region.

Every year HUD has an excuse. This year it was the schedule, last year it was Anthony Jennings, 2015 it was construction....

It can be done. Go win some games.

I will say it again, since Rebowe and Saunders left the talent has not been here.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Go tell that to Scott Satterfield of App. St. and Neil Brown of Troy. Troy was ranked last year and App. St. had Miami at their house and barely lost to Tennessee. Both of these coaches make half of what HUD makes.

Paradise is where you are. Outside of LSU we have the best facilities in the state and arguably the best of the G5 in the region.

Every year HUD has an excuse. This year it was the schedule, last year it was Anthony Jennings, 2015 it was construction....

It can be done. Go win some games.

I will say it again, since Rebowe and Saunders left the talent has not been here.
    Of course the talent is down since Saunders left. He was cheating to get those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    Of course the talent is down since Saunders left. He was cheating to get those guys.
    Everyone is cheating.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: Coaching situation?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Everyone is cheating.
    Yet we're the one getting caught over and over. Is there a major in cheating yet keeping your hands clean?

Everyone is cheating.
    if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.

Many here suffer from Stockholm Syndrome!

Get bent ____ wad.
    The only thing that gets it up for him is when he's insulting us. That's the only reason he comes here.

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    The only thing that gets it up for him is when he's insulting us. That's the only reason he comes here.
    That's why I curse his punkass out everytime he posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post

I like how the two or three G5 schools that have success against the P5 are always brought up when this debate comes up. I believe AP State & Troy have histories of picking up P5 academic casualties, which is the biggest reason they have experienced their success.

Every fan base seems to think they have "the best facilities", yet they haven't been to another school. Facilities have been in an arms race and a few improvements just keeps you from falling too far behind.

Maybe UL needs to find another coach who has "connections" at an ACT testing center.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast