Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 394

Thread: FB Final: Louisiana 51 Southeastern LA 48

  1. #301
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,326

    Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs Southeastern LA

    Positive: got to hear the bell tonight aka a win.
    Negative: didn't REALLY hear the bell. Ugh turn that mf up


  2. #302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    I mean, if you take away the fact that this is a middle of the road Southland team, it only makes me want to drown my sorrows in a vat of draino.
    Not sure why you guys are so disrespectful towards SLU. We are a D1 school just like UL. We can win the same National championships as UL in every sport except football. In football we compete in the D1 Football Championship Subcatagory. You guys show a lack of knowledge regarding D1 vs.D2

    I also didn't appreciate whoever ripped my SLU flag from my back window after the game. I came to Lafayette to watch a good game, spend the night and spend Some money at some local restaurants which I did.

    Good luck to ya'll the rest of the season. I hope y'all win the Sunbelt!

  3. #303
    DaddyCajun's Avatar
    DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Da Cro
    Posts
    5,793

    Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs Southeastern LA

    Quote Originally Posted by techdawg88 View Post
    reminds me back in 2015 when Tech lost to NW St and still set off the fireworks
    Now that's BIG, being able to laugh at yourselves like that, huge growth there, Techdawg88! We too, should be laughing at ourselves because, SLU owned rushing yards, passing yards, total yards, time of possession, and unfortunately for them turnovers! We WON, we had more points, BUT they put it on UL! Bright spots we had some on both sides of the ball, hopefully WE correct some things and have shook off the rust, BECAUSE we will have to play much better on both sides of the ball to win next week against, Tulsa!

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    756

    Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs Southeastern LA

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Crusader View Post
    How many fireworks are they gonna set off man? Wow.
    Might as well shoot every firework we own. After tonight I'm not sure if we'll have another chance to use them.

  5. #305
    DaddyCajun's Avatar
    DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Da Cro
    Posts
    5,793

    Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs Southeastern LA

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthlakeC1 View Post
    Not sure why you guys are so disrespectful towards SLU. We are a D1 school just like UL. We can win the same National championships as UL in every sport except football. In football we compete in the D1 Football Championship Subcatagory. You guys show a lack of knowledge regarding D1 vs.D2

    I also didn't appreciate whoever ripped my SLU flag from my back window after the game. I came to Lafayette to watch a good game, spend the night and spend Some money at some local restaurants which I did.

    Good luck to ya'll the rest of the season. I hope y'all win the Sunbelt!
    Thanks for coming to Cajun Field and the Acadiana area, wish SLU would have brought a bunch more people! Wife is from Hammond, been hanging around with Italian family over there for many years. Hopefully your flag was an upset SLU fan that the Lions did not finish the job, and punch it in our face at the end of the game. SLU, WILL win the Southland Conference this year, UL is hoping to one day win the Sun Belt, but I do not believe it will be this year! Bowl, yes, hopefully 8-4! Safe trip home!

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    213

    Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs Southeastern LA

    I've never felt more embarrassed after a win. If this is the best this defense can do, we likely won't win another game. Next week is going to be brutal, I think Tulsa legitimately has a shot at breaking 100 on us. Especially if their running back is even only decent. I don't even know why that bell keeps being rung on third down because it apparently doesn't intimidate anybody except our defense.
    On a positive note at least Davis looked decent. His dropbacks actually looked like an actual quarterback's and he actually seems to somewhat go through progressions instead of locking on to one receiver. These things have been severly lacking these past few years.

    We needed two kickoffs returned for touchdowns and two turnovers to barely beat Southeastern. Are you kidding me? I can't even put this on the offense because they scored enough for us to comfortably win, this is all on the defense. We better get good and we better get good fast. At this rate, I fully expect us to lose to Grambling next year.


  7. #307
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,177
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GATOR GRUNT View Post
    "Our defense couldn't adjust to our new turf. It's not my fault they waited until August to lay down the turf". Coach Mark Hudspeth
    Is this a joke or really a HUD quote?

  8. #308
    RaginScotsman's Avatar
    RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthlakeC1 View Post
    Not sure why you guys are so disrespectful towards SLU. We are a D1 school just like UL. We can win the same National championships as UL in every sport except football. In football we compete in the D1 Football Championship Subcatagory. You guys show a lack of knowledge regarding D1 vs.D2

    I also didn't appreciate whoever ripped my SLU flag from my back window after the game. I came to Lafayette to watch a good game, spend the night and spend Some money at some local restaurants which I did.

    Good luck to ya'll the rest of the season. I hope y'all win the Sunbelt!
    I hope that's not the case about your flag. If it is, don't let the bad apples spoil the bunch. I hope you enjoyed the trip.

    To your point of lack of respect, I think that there has been a lot of praise for SLU. They pretty much dominated that game and did whatever the heck they wanted on offense. It does not negate the fact that this is a game that UL "should" have won handily. I didn't make the rules but that just the reality of the situation playing FBS vs. FCS schools. Why do you think only like 2 out of say 30 of those matchups yesterday resulted in FCS wins? I wouldn't confuse the UL attitude that we "should" win with disrespect.

    SLU certainly opened some eyes last night and I promise you that the Lions made some fans too. Trust me, we hope you guys are very, very good this year.

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,388

    Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs Southeastern LA

    Positives: Jordan Davis settled in nicely. im proud to call him our QB. RB committee played well. Keenan Barnes should be targeted more. Calais KO returns were outstanding and I became a big Raheem Malone fan both at receiver and his punt returns. That young man is fearless.

    Negatives: defense, KO and punt coverage.


  10. #310
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13,657

    UL Football Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs Southeastern LA

    Quote Originally Posted by FeelDaRage View Post
    I've never felt more embarrassed after a win. If this is the best this defense can do, we likely won't win another game. Next week is going to be brutal, I think Tulsa legitimately has a shot at breaking 100 on us. Especially if their running back is even only decent. I don't even know why that bell keeps being rung on third down because it apparently doesn't intimidate anybody except our defense.
    On a positive note at least Davis looked decent. His dropbacks actually looked like an actual quarterback's and he actually seems to somewhat go through progressions instead of locking on to one receiver. These things have been severly lacking these past few years.

    We needed two kickoffs returned for touchdowns and two turnovers to barely beat Southeastern. Are you kidding me? I can't even put this on the offense because they scored enough for us to comfortably win, this is all on the defense. We better get good and we better get good fast. At this rate, I fully expect us to lose to Grambling next year.
    Most of the night he had enough time to actually go through the progressions. Many of his passes were woefully inaccurate, but most were spot on. Maybe SLU said beat us with your arm because you ain't getting a hole to run through.

    Biggest disappointment, no defensive swarm, poor special teams coverage. Who coaches the special teams again?😂😂😍

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lafayette, La
    Posts
    734

    Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs Southeastern LA

    I don't understand all the negatives we won the fricken game. Yes we have work to do but it was the first game of the season and we won. Some people act like we are the Alabama of the sunbelt and SLC is garbage. They have a very talented team and would play this way with just about any belt team. Yes I would like to have watch a dominate Cajun victory but I can assure you no one left until the on side kick was recovered very entertaining game and we won. Everyone ask for improvements so the school added fireworks and people complain we won. Lets see what adjustments are made for Tulsa before we hang the team and Hud out to dry. One more thing about SLC they are a state school and as much as I like talking smack with my friends from other schools their fans were very friendly and respectable even after a heartbreaking loss. We pride ourselves on being great host lets continue to do that. There are only 4 teams in the belt that won this weekend and we are one of them lets take our victory and move on to Tulsa. GEAUX CAJUNS.


  12. #312
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FeelDaRage View Post
    I've never felt more embarrassed after a win. If this is the best this defense can do, we likely won't win another game. Next week is going to be brutal, I think Tulsa legitimately has a shot at breaking 100 on us. Especially if their running back is even only decent. I don't even know why that bell keeps being rung on third down because it apparently doesn't intimidate anybody except our defense.
    On a positive note at least Davis looked decent. His dropbacks actually looked like an actual quarterback's and he actually seems to somewhat go through progressions instead of locking on to one receiver. These things have been severly lacking these past few years.

    We needed two kickoffs returned for touchdowns and two turnovers to barely beat Southeastern. Are you kidding me? I can't even put this on the offense because they scored enough for us to comfortably win, this is all on the defense. We better get good and we better get good fast. At this rate, I fully expect us to lose to Grambling next year.
    This!

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    18,959
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs Southeastern LA

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    I don't understand all the negatives we won the fricken game. Yes we have work to do but it was the first game of the season and we won. Some people act like we are the Alabama of the sunbelt and SLC is garbage. They have a very talented team and would play this way with just about any belt team. Yes I would like to have watch a dominate Cajun victory but I can assure you no one left until the on side kick was recovered very entertaining game and we won. Everyone ask for improvements so the school added fireworks and people complain we won. Lets see what adjustments are made for Tulsa before we hang the team and Hud out to dry. One more thing about SLC they are a state school and as much as I like talking smack with my friends from other schools their fans were very friendly and respectable even after a heartbreaking loss. We pride ourselves on being great host lets continue to do that. There are only 4 teams in the belt that won this weekend and we are one of them lets take our victory and move on to Tulsa. GEAUX CAJUNS.
    I'm with you

    However, I totally get "in game" frustrations and don't consider them lock down opinions.

    UL has a lot of bright spots and work spots.

  14. #314
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    1,156

    Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs Southeastern LA

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    I don't understand all the negatives we won the fricken game. Yes we have work to do but it was the first game of the season and we won. Some people act like we are the Alabama of the sunbelt and SLC is garbage. They have a very talented team and would play this way with just about any belt team. Yes I would like to have watch a dominate Cajun victory but I can assure you no one left until the on side kick was recovered very entertaining game and we won. Everyone ask for improvements so the school added fireworks and people complain we won. Lets see what adjustments are made for Tulsa before we hang the team and Hud out to dry. One more thing about SLC they are a state school and as much as I like talking smack with my friends from other schools their fans were very friendly and respectable even after a heartbreaking loss. We pride ourselves on being great host lets continue to do that. There are only 4 teams in the belt that won this weekend and we are one of them lets take our victory and move on to Tulsa. GEAUX CAJUNS.
    Well said, especially about bashing other schools and fans, however, being somewhat a hypocrite when I say this, can't get on board with Mickey neese and loly poly. Those schools and media have bashed us for years.

    Questions: this is a NCAA/FCS rule that really irks me, transfer from FBS to FCS without having to sit out a year. I wonder how many FBS transfers were on SLUs team?

    Geaux Cajuns

  15. #315
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,388

    Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs Southeastern LA

    Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    Well said, especially about bashing other schools and fans, however, being somewhat a hypocrite when I say this, can't get on board with Mickey neese and loly poly. Those schools and media have bashed us for years.

    Questions: this is a NCAA/FCS rule that really irks me, transfer from FBS to FCS without having to sit out a year. I wonder how many FBS transfers were on SLUs team?

    Geaux Cajuns
    Quarterback (South Carolina) and left tackle (LSU). Not sure of the rest.

  16. #316
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    South & East of Cajun Field
    Posts
    1,517

    Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs Southeastern LA

    Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    Well said, especially about bashing other schools and fans, however, being somewhat a hypocrite when I say this, can't get on board with Mickey neese and loly poly. Those schools and media have bashed us for years.

    Questions: this is a NCAA/FCS rule that really irks me, transfer from FBS to FCS without having to sit out a year. I wonder how many FBS transfers were on SLUs team?

    Geaux Cajuns
    I don't know the numbers but it appears FBS transfers played a big role in last night's game for SELA.

    They were hungry and wanted the win and darned near pulled it off. Hats off to 'em. It'll be interesting to see how they fare the rest of the season.

    As for the Cajuns, seems like everything was reversed as to what we expected. Expected exceptional defense and that obviously didn't happen. Offense was the big question mark and look what happened! QB and running backs seem to be solid, moreso the latter, but qb should only improve with playing time.

    Fix the defense, fast, and we may have a decent squad.

  17. #317
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    1,156

    Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs Southeastern LA

    Just went and looked at their FB roster, 42 players come from transfers from other FBS, colleges, CC , Jr Colleges from all over the US. It amazes me how players come to know LA FCS schools. Give those schools Athletics Departments a "Hats Off" for recruiting. Just curious. Now, will they be players who knows.


  18. #318
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Meaux
    Posts
    240

    Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs Southeastern LA

    Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Quarterback (South Carolina) and left tackle (LSU). Not sure of the rest.
    i counted 9 on their roster.

  19. #319
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    South & East of Cajun Field
    Posts
    1,517

    Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs Southeastern LA

    Is ESPN the only spot for highlights? I found a total of 2 viddys there, both were of SELA touchdowns.


  20. #320
    RaginScotsman's Avatar
    RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Is ESPN the only spot for highlights? I found a total of 2 viddys there, both were of SELA touchdowns.
    They're bitter about calling us Louisiana so this is how they stick it to us now.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •