Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs Southeastern LA

Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs Southeastern LA

Officially 18,289

RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

We were very lucky to win. SLU stomped us. 2 turnovers did them in. I'm not giving the win back though.

Positives: Ugly, but a win. Won't beat that horse. Created turnovers. As big as Calias KO returns, his tackle on the kickoff late in the 4th @ the 10 was clutch. Fenced off the landscape UL where it doesn't get trampled by chirrin. And an AD that when he walks through a crowd he acknowledges fans...not just the big donors.

Negative. I thought I was at a h/s game...WTH was that Ragin Jazz thing with the SLU dance team. I was waiting on our cheerleaders to introduce the SLU cheerleaders next. And don't bother going to ESPN for our recap. Two videos, neither one from UL perspective. They're going to jack with us no matter.

Bonus....soccer, volleyball and cross country had a good week. Soccer free tomorrow PM. End of the day, wins are wins.

RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I'm just counting our lucky stars. I'm not the only one that thought SLU would get that 2 point conversion and win by 1. You'd never stop hearing that score- 49-48. We dodged a lot of shame and heartache tonight. Like unbelievable amounts of shame.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyP View Post
    Anyone else embarrassed by at fireworks display after the performance on the field?
    reminds me back in 2015 when Tech lost to NW St and still set off the fireworks

Always hated that "prevent" defense. My dad used to say, "yeah, prevents you from winning". I was sure SE would win that one with a two point conversion. Still can't believe they didn't just hand it off to that Bethea kid, or whatever his name was. Talk about dodging a bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Always hated that "prevent" defense. My dad used to say, "yeah, prevents you from winning". I was sure SE would win that one with a two point conversion. Still can't believe they didn't just hand it off to that Bethea kid, or whatever his name was. Talk about dodging a bullet.
    I don't know why coaches use prevent D when it never works

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    WTH was that Ragin Jazz thing with the SLU dance team. I was waiting on our cheerleaders to introduce the SLU cheerleaders next.
    I liked it.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    This is ugly
    Twas. ''Twas ugly from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Twas. ''Twas ugly from start to finish.
    Uglier than decisions made after a night of penny pitchers on The Strip.

Dropping by to say thanks for the hospitality. Tough loss for us but we'll regroup and get back at it next week. Best of luck to the Cajuns the rest of the year. Lion Nation will be pulling for you!

Same here.... Good luck the rest of the way... I'm hoping y'all are as good as most FBS teams. Certainly went toe to toe with the Cajuns tonight.

Positive: got to hear the bell tonight aka a win.
    Negative: didn't REALLY hear the bell. Ugh turn that mf up

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    I mean, if you take away the fact that this is a middle of the road Southland team, it only makes me want to drown my sorrows in a vat of draino.
    Not sure why you guys are so disrespectful towards SLU. We are a D1 school just like UL. We can win the same National championships as UL in every sport except football. In football we compete in the D1 Football Championship Subcatagory. You guys show a lack of knowledge regarding D1 vs.D2

I also didn't appreciate whoever ripped my SLU flag from my back window after the game. I came to Lafayette to watch a good game, spend the night and spend Some money at some local restaurants which I did.

Good luck to ya'll the rest of the season. I hope y'all win the Sunbelt!

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg88 View Post
    reminds me back in 2015 when Tech lost to NW St and still set off the fireworks
    Now that's BIG, being able to laugh at yourselves like that, huge growth there, Techdawg88! We too, should be laughing at ourselves because, SLU owned rushing yards, passing yards, total yards, time of possession, and unfortunately for them turnovers! We WON, we had more points, BUT they put it on UL! Bright spots we had some on both sides of the ball, hopefully WE correct some things and have shook off the rust, BECAUSE we will have to play much better on both sides of the ball to win next week against, Tulsa!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Crusader View Post
    How many fireworks are they gonna set off man? Wow.
    Might as well shoot every firework we own. After tonight I'm not sure if we'll have another chance to use them.

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by NorthlakeC1 View Post
    Not sure why you guys are so disrespectful towards SLU. We are a D1 school just like UL. We can win the same National championships as UL in every sport except football. In football we compete in the D1 Football Championship Subcatagory. You guys show a lack of knowledge regarding D1 vs.D2

I also didn't appreciate whoever ripped my SLU flag from my back window after the game. I came to Lafayette to watch a good game, spend the night and spend Some money at some local restaurants which I did.

Thanks for coming to Cajun Field and the Acadiana area, wish SLU would have brought a bunch more people! Wife is from Hammond, been hanging around with Italian family over there for many years. Hopefully your flag was an upset SLU fan that the Lions did not finish the job, and punch it in our face at the end of the game. SLU, WILL win the Southland Conference this year, UL is hoping to one day win the Sun Belt, but I do not believe it will be this year! Bowl, yes, hopefully 8-4! Safe trip home!

I've never felt more embarrassed after a win. If this is the best this defense can do, we likely won't win another game. Next week is going to be brutal, I think Tulsa legitimately has a shot at breaking 100 on us. Especially if their running back is even only decent. I don't even know why that bell keeps being rung on third down because it apparently doesn't intimidate anybody except our defense.
    On a positive note at least Davis looked decent. His dropbacks actually looked like an actual quarterback's and he actually seems to somewhat go through progressions instead of locking on to one receiver. These things have been severly lacking these past few years.

We needed two kickoffs returned for touchdowns and two turnovers to barely beat Southeastern. Are you kidding me? I can't even put this on the offense because they scored enough for us to comfortably win, this is all on the defense. We better get good and we better get good fast. At this rate, I fully expect us to lose to Grambling next year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GATOR GRUNT View Post
    "Our defense couldn't adjust to our new turf. It's not my fault they waited until August to lay down the turf". Coach Mark Hudspeth
    Is this a joke or really a HUD quote?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthlakeC1 View Post

I hope that's not the case about your flag. If it is, don't let the bad apples spoil the bunch. I hope you enjoyed the trip.

To your point of lack of respect, I think that there has been a lot of praise for SLU. They pretty much dominated that game and did whatever the heck they wanted on offense. It does not negate the fact that this is a game that UL "should" have won handily. I didn't make the rules but that just the reality of the situation playing FBS vs. FCS schools. Why do you think only like 2 out of say 30 of those matchups yesterday resulted in FCS wins? I wouldn't confuse the UL attitude that we "should" win with disrespect.

SLU certainly opened some eyes last night and I promise you that the Lions made some fans too. Trust me, we hope you guys are very, very good this year.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast