Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20

Thread: FB Final: Louisiana 51 Southeastern LA 48

Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs Southeastern LA

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Not all is bleak, areas where weak can be tweaked, I know they haven't peaked.
    Where they are leaking will require more than a week to tweek (don't know about tweak). Hope you've seen the peak of their leaks!

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    BTW: I broke down and bought an Amazon Fire streaming media thingy, mainly for espn3, and movies. I'm in the process of watching the replay of the game, as painful as that is, but have to say production-wise it is pretty good: extremely clear and sharp pic, fairly good commentary, calling us by our correct name, etc. They also dud a good pre-game clip showing the BBQ TG's, Cajun dancing, great shots of the Tigue and Cajun walk. And at least for now when they show close ups of us after scores, etc., it is in the middle of the red zone.....when it was packed. Kind of putting us in the best light possible.
    Was wondering if anyone else watched it via espn3.......
    Oh, and I'm watching Calais' second ko return, the one for the 100 yards.
    I thought the broadcast was outstanding. Probably the best I've ever seen at Cajun Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    so you would give credit to a winless team and hammer an undefeated team. People are so critical on here. Those young men played their butts off and found a way to win. No excuses here but look at the lack of experience we had on the field and they pulled it together, got the big stop when we needed it. I respect that more than losing to A&M on last second field goal if that were to happen because at the end of the year Hud's job wont be saved on moral victories.
    The critical nature of this site is due to the notion that this game looks like it will serve as a harbinger of what to expect the rest of the season.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

A loss is a loss no matter how you spin it we are 1-0 all those so call respectable losses are 0-1. We will be beaten by P5 schools and no matter if we lose by 1 or fifty it will be a loss there are no moral victory points in the W-L columns.
    Nick Saban might differ on moral victories. He's a process guy, and if your technique is better the winning will follow. What happened last night was we were outplayed, out techniques, and won. I can and do guarantee you stAte feels and knows they're a pretty solid team. We on the other hand know and feel totally different.

Unlike stock picking expertise where past performance is no guarantee of future results. In football how you played your last game is a much better indication of the future than the actual results. In the end stAte with it's pretty loss is viewed as a better bet than us based on only knowledge of this one game.

A loss is a loss no matter how you spin it we are 1-0 all those so call respectable losses are 0-1. We will be beaten by P5 schools and no matter if we lose by 1 or fifty it will be a loss there are no moral victory points in the W-L columns.
    You are correct about the loss being a loss but every game win or lose tells you something about your team. There may be no moral victories but losing by 1 to a comparable opponent tells me we were in the game, competed and next time could be different. Losing by 50 tells me we suck and the other team is sitting on their sideline laughing at our coaches sweet muscles bulging out of his high school polo.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

so you would give credit to a winless team and hammer an undefeated team. People are so critical on here. Those young men played their butts off and found a way to win. No excuses here but look at the lack of experience we had on the field and they pulled it together, got the big stop when we needed it. I respect that more than losing to A&M on last second field goal if that were to happen because at the end of the year Hud's job wont be saved on moral victories.
    Yes. There are times where I am going to give more credit to a losing effort over a win. If we lose to Ole Miss by not converting a 2 point conversion in the final seconds of the game... you are highly likely going to hear me praise the overall effort. Not to disrespect SLU... but I was at the game... and our defense was horrible. I give credit to our offense and kick return team. The overall performance was not great. And as Zephyr stated... we have only that performance to foreshadow the rest of our season.

Even perennial losers "give it their all". But we don't pay their leader $1 million a year. I expect better than a close win over an FCS team at home. It's disturbing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    ... and our defense was horrible. I give credit to our offense and kick return team.
    Winning 2 out of 3 is often the goal.

If that were the goal, it would make Saturday a success.

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Agreed, and I think most of us are in "the MAT camp" as it relates to coaching. I don't know how many of our players actually take the time to read what we arm chair quaterbacks have to say, but I sometimes worry that speaking too harshly about individual performances may be counterproductive.

In the end, whether it's quality of talent, conditioning, gameplan, or execution, it's all on the coaches. We've got the facilities, we've got a great city with friendly people and some of the best food in the world. There's no reason we shouldn't be in the mix every year for the championship of whatever conference in which we compete.
    Hopefully players read very little of what is said here. They need to have their focus elsewhere.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Hopefully players read very little of what is said here. They need to have their focus elsewhere.
    I rarely read someone going after an athlete by name on here... unless the athlete is lazy, classless, or personally brings dishonor to the university. Any fan base that sugar coats the facts about how they view their school's team performed, isn't a good fan base. Any young man or young woman in college that can't take criticism, but chooses to perform, isn't a young man or woman yet. And I'm pretty sure coaches have said 1000 things harsher than anyone on here dared to say to an athlete.

PS It was good seeing you at the game.

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Nice seeing you too. Of course the coaches are pointing out their mistakes and probably with a few choice words. However, I know coaches and players at times get aggravated with people who can't walk and chew gum at the same time being critical of them. They also know that most fans do not know the technical aspects of their craft and therefore often don't respect comments made. I myself laugh when folks try to analyze what goes on in the oil and gas industry when they don't even know what seismic is or what drives economic decisions. That being said, athletics has results as the bottom line and Saturday night the defense and coverage teams did not do well. If they don't recognize that they are in denial. I am sure they do and will work hard to improve. Beyond all that my main point of suggesting players not visit here was more of a time management issue. They have their academic classes, study hall, film study, practice, and more game preparation to occupy their time. Visiting here does nothing to help them be successful.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Nice seeing you too. Of course the coaches are pointing out their mistakes and probably with a few choice words. However, I know coaches and players at times get aggravated with people who can't walk and chew gum at the same time being critical of them. They also know that most fans do not know the technical aspects of their craft and therefore often don't respect comments made. I myself laugh when folks try to analyze what goes on in the oil and gas industry when they don't even know what seismic is or what drives economic decisions. That being said, athletics has results as the bottom line and Saturday night the defense and coverage teams did not do well. If they don't recognize that they are in denial. I am sure they do and will work hard to improve. Beyond all that my main point of suggesting players not visit here was more of a time management issue. They have their academic classes, study hall, film study, practice, and more game preparation to occupy their time. Visiting here does nothing to help them be successful.
    As usual, couldn't agree with you more Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I thought the broadcast was outstanding. Probably the best I've ever seen at Cajun Field.
    But I hear that there was a lot of issues during the broadcast.......did not hear too much for our game, but several others.....freezing up, etc. I watched all of the replay of ours, and 1/2 of the @ruston game, and there is nothing wrong with either one. Must've been a streaming issue during the game.
    BTW, there was terrible internet availability while at the game. Everybody had 3-4 bars, but nothing would load, VERY slow, etc. Didn't have this issue last year, so don't know what could of caused it this year.

VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    But I hear that there was a lot of issues during the broadcast.......did not hear too much for our game, but several others.....freezing up, etc. I watched all of the replay of ours, and 1/2 of the @ruston game, and there is nothing wrong with either one. Must've been a streaming issue during the game.
    BTW, there was terrible internet availability while at the game. Everybody had 3-4 bars, but nothing would load, VERY slow, etc. Didn't have this issue last year, so don't know what could of caused it this year.
    There were times Saturday during our game that NO game being streamed on ESPN 3 would load or stream. It was definitely a network/streaming issue.

I listened to the first half espn3 cleared up after halftime

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    I listened to the first half espn3 cleared up after halftime
    Unless they have a way to change settings at half time...

Here is what I think is really happening; As viewers/listeners drop off, bandwidth capabilities seemingly improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Unless they have a way to change settings at half time...

Here is what I think is really happening; As viewers/listeners drop off, bandwidth capabilities seemingly improve.
    supposedly it was happening to all the games on ESPN3 not just ours

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20