Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: 4 star basketball recruit, Jordan Brown, has UL among his final 7

  1. #21
    raginsaints's Avatar
    raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,068

    Default 4 star basketball recruit, Jordan Brown, has UL among his final 7





    His dad is Dion Brown who played for the Cajuns in the 80s.

  2. #22
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,208

    Default Re: 4 star basketball recruit, Jordan Brown, has UL among his final 7

    Not gonna happen.


  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Not gonna happen.

    If we have a great season we will be pushing hard for 2 espn top 100 players

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    4,860
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: 4 star basketball recruit, Jordan Brown, has UL among his final 7

    at this point dreaming is still allowed..


  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    OAK RIDGE, NC
    Posts
    3,644

    Default Re: 4 star basketball recruit, Jordan Brown, has UL among his final 7

    If we are in the final 7, their is always a chance. Granted a slim one, but as they say in Texas Hold'em. All you need is a chip and a chair.


  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    4,860
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: 4 star basketball recruit, Jordan Brown, has UL among his final 7

    maybe his father , being an alumnus, is keeping us in play.


  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,545

    Default Re: 4 star basketball recruit, Jordan Brown, has UL among his final 7

    Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    maybe his father , being an alumnus, is keeping us in play.
    Don't think it's a stretch to say that's the only reason we're in the game to begin with.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Don't think it's a stretch to say that's the only reason we're in the game to begin with.
    I bet his dad playing here got him to answer the phone. But I'd think if we didn't have 2 guys get drafted in last 4 years, he wouldn't have even entertained a trip here.

    Edit: I'm wrong. Shawn wasnt drafted.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lafayette,LA
    Posts
    3,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    I bet his dad playing here got him to answer the phone. But I'd think if we didn't have 2 guys get drafted in last 4 years, he wouldn't have even entertained a trip here.

    Edit: I'm wrong. Shawn wasnt drafted.
    More impressive...we have two players on NBA rosters.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    1,171

    Default Re: 4 star basketball recruit, Jordan Brown, has UL among his final 7

    If we can get him in on a visit, with his Dad or course, then maybe we can dream a little further. Might need to add a few pics of his Dad's days as a Cajun in the concourse areas!


  11. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,969

    Default Re: 4 star basketball recruit, Jordan Brown, has UL among his final 7

    if he takes note of the transfers we brought in from the P5 programs, we have a great season, and he gets in touch with that other 4 star that has the cajuns on the short list, he could see some promise and potential, even if its a one and done. i think that is all the program needs to be honest to start in the right direction and climb quickly


  12. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,849

    Default Re: 4 star basketball recruit, Jordan Brown, has UL among his final 7

    When will Brown decide and sign? November?


  13. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: 4 star basketball recruit, Jordan Brown, has UL among his final 7

    Dion Brown was an excellent player for the Cajuns as I saw him play numerous times in Blackham when I was a student. It would be great for his son to sign with the Cajuns but I seriously doubt it will happen. Best of luck to the young man wherever he goes.


  14. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,969

    Default Re: 4 star basketball recruit, Jordan Brown, has UL among his final 7

    this is still great for us even if we dont land him. all of the basketfall fans across the country are tuning in to see who this guy will choose, and we are right up there with UCLA and St. Johns, its good pub for us.


  15. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    this is still great for us even if we dont land him. all of the basketfall fans across the country are tuning in to see who this guy will choose, and we are right up there with UCLA and St. Johns, its good pub for us.
    Absolutely

  16. #36

    UL Basketball Five-star PF Jordan Brown has some serious surprises on his top schools list

    The 6-foot-10, 190-pound power forward likely has UL on there because his dad played there so it remains to be seen if they will actually make the final cut for him, but that's the most probable explanation for now. His dad also mentioned that St. John's has been working the hardest for him as of now.



  17. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    1,428

    Default Re: 4 star basketball recruit, Jordan Brown, has UL among his final 7

    "It's the development and he wants to be playing with high level players and against high level players on a consistent basis," the elder Brown told Rivals.com. "He's very much motivated to show what he's about.
    Welp...

  18. #38
    DaddyCajun's Avatar
    DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Da Cro
    Posts
    5,581

    Default Re: Jordan Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    wasn't it Dion Rainey?
    No sir, Dion Brown!

  19. #39
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,885

    UL Basketball Re: Five-star PF Jordan Brown has some serious surprises on his top schools list

    Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    The 6-foot-10, 190-pound power forward likely has UL on there because his dad played there so it remains to be seen if they will actually make the final cut for him, but that's the most probable explanation for now. His dad also mentioned that St. John's has been working the hardest for him as of now.

    If he wants to develop he should come here. Nobody believed EP was a potential lottery pick when he decided to accept one of his only division one offer to play at Louisiana.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,863
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Five-star PF Jordan Brown has some serious surprises on his top schools list

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    If he wants to develop he should come here. Nobody believed EP was a potential lottery pick when he decided to accept one of his only division one offer to play at Louisiana.
    Great rock solid point.

    Marlin is fantastic with "individual" development.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •