Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: This is just sad

Default Re: Cajun Navy

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I should have known better, but the advocate report is WRONG. Cajun Navy official FB page reports being shot at.

____ing lowlife scum.
    I can just see it now in the Advocate: Cajun Navy - L.

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    Desperate people can sometimes be misunderstood as dangerous (and unfortunately sometimes they are). Make no mistake, there is a lot of desperation in Houston right now and factual information can be hard to come by.

Stories such as these frustrate me to hear because they take away from the true need and gratefulness that the vast majority of these people being rescued have. For some reason some of us will only want to fixate on the miniscule negative.

What these volunteers are doing is truly heroic but it is also risky for a variety of reasons.
    I largely agree with you. The BS grates my nerves. Danger from the flood victims is miniscule to nonexistent. Water rescue alone is fraught with danger. I'm always wary of electricity in flood situations and wise to silent drownings from electrical discharge from boats and docks. My point is the BS detracts from the victims plight and the true heroism. The BS shouldn't be the story but invariably takes a life of its own. Fortunately it is being debunked as we "speak" by those organizing and coordinating the rescue efforts of the Cajun Navy. BS such as this is not benign and not without dire consequence to flood victims. It is not the banter of heroes.

Many of the Cajun Navy fit all those descriptions. This sentence just proves how FOS you are. You're a disgusting excuse for a human being, saying heroes risking their own safety are racist cowards that aren't smart enough to know the difference between attacks and "commandeering". Many Cajun Navy volunteers are also ex military and first responders. People that sacrificed to keep your sorry arse safe.

Shut your ____ing mouth.
    Those with the Cajun Navy organizing the rescue efforts are asking that those propagating the BS shut theirs. Direct your complaints towards them. You seem to revel in BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Penrod View Post
    I largely agree with you. The BS grates my nerves. Danger from the flood victims is miniscule to nonexistent. Water rescue alone is fraught with danger. I'm always wary of electricity in flood situations and wise to silent drownings from electrical discharge from boats and docks. My point is the BS detracts from the victims plight and the true heroism. The BS shouldn't be the story but invariably takes a life of its own. Fortunately it is being debunked as we "speak" by those organizing and coordinating the rescue efforts of the Cajun Navy. BS such as this is not benign and not without dire consequence to flood victims. It is not the banter of heroes.
    More generalizations from you. Are you trying to tell this board desperate people don't turn violent? You wouldn't know because I'm pretty confident you've sat on your ___ during every catastrophe. It's always the ones on the sidelines that always have the answers... amazing.

Those with the Cajun Navy organizing the rescue efforts are asking that those propagating the BS shut theirs. Direct your complaints towards them. You seem to revel in BS.
    Maybe if you'd turn off LPB once in a while, you'd have a clue. The platforms that the volunteers have been using ALL reported being shot at. Funny you've accused me of reveling in BS, when your dumbass posts are what lit the match on the convo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Assuming I'm a rush fan huh? Never listened to him a day in my life...but typical of someone with such a small and closed mind. Anyone who doesn't agree with hawk is a far right wing radical racist huh? Very mature. You are so urban coming up at teurlings catholic aren't you? So engrained in the urban culture. You know just what they need don't you. You know how to fix it if all us "white supremacist" would just get out of your way.
    You aren't cool enough to be a Rush fan. Rush Limbaugh...yes. You can't understand Neil Peart. You would probably call him a communist for allowing too many drums on stage. How dare he give all those drums opportunities!! The whiter drums are the better drums. Equal opportunity drum facist.

A man who changed his own screen name to run away from being a ____ty poster has no business commenting on my history. A leopard doesn't change his spots...

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    A rescuer...there are thousands of rescuers, why is it so hard to believe there is one desperate idiot in Houston who fired a gun shot? Thats probably the least amount of gunfire Houston has had in a day in a very long time. You are the one exaggerating. Nobody said all the rescuers are under fire.
    You further my point. From the perspective of violence it is undoubtedly the safest time to be in Houston. The likelihood of shots fired at Cajun Navy by flood victims is extraordinarily improbable. It is indeed more likely they suffer a self inflicted injury from a firearm, injure a peer or flood victim.

You further my point. From the perspective of violence it is undoubtedly the safest time to be in Houston. The likelihood of shots fired at Cajun Navy by flood victims is extraordinarily improbable. It is indeed more likely they suffer a self inflicted injury from a firearm, injure a peer or flood victim.
    I'd love to see you prove that probability...

And as far as your Katrina comments, it is proven fact that rescuers were fired upon. You're probably one of those conspiracy nuts too...

You further my point. From the perspective of violence it is undoubtedly the safest time to be in Houston. The likelyjood of shots fired at Cajun Navy by flood victims is extraordinarily improbable. It is indeed more likely they suffer a self inflicted injury from a firearm, injure a peer or flood victim.
    Someone fires a shot...and you are alone in a flooded neighborhood in a boat, how the ____ do you decipher if it shot at you, someone else or just in the air. Whoever this guy is he isn't all over the news claiming he almost died. He isn't trying to get a book deal, we don't even know who this person is. So to me, if someone was being dramatic and wanted attention they would seek it out: Reports of shots fired and as usual the dipshts all over Facebook took it and ran with it. I dont doubt for one second the person in that boat heard shots fired, sorry if this made those rescuers nervous...not everyone can be as brave as the mighty penrod sitting safely at his/her/its computer high and dry.

Hopefully noone will propagate any mistruths that undermine their noble mission.

Per our deleted convo, further proving PencilDique an ignorant moron:

Attached Images Attached Images  

Per our deleted convo, further proving PencilDique an ignorant moron:
    Maybe the looters had just left a liquor store and offered the Cajun Navy shots? "Thank you for helping us, here have this shot of Patron." "Oh my god, they shooting at us!!"

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Maybe the looters had just left a liquor store and offered the Cajun Navy shots? "Thank you for helping us, here have this shot of Patron." "Oh my god, they shooting at us!!"
    Certainly would explain them standing down...

Certainly would explain them standing down...
    I have never known a Cajun to turn down booze. I can hear Little Jon screaming "shots, shots, shots, shots, shots" over a bluetooth speaker...and the news reporting a violent scene where shots were fired in all directions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2