Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 116

Thread: Johnston street

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,256
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Johnston street

    Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    Getting rid of the Mouton statute would be discrimination against all cajun people. They are just trying to push us cajuns out of our land once again.
    There is already a movement to remove the Mouton statute by Fred Prejean.

    http://www.katc.com/story/33262058/n...town-lafayette

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    He may be Anti-Stalinist and Anti-Fascist. Is the far left so historically ignorant that they don't understand the ideology of both?
    His own words profess he is not anti-fascist. You are well aquainted with this thing you call ignorance.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,256
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Johnston street

    Quote Originally Posted by Penrod View Post
    His own words profess he is not anti-fascist. You are well aquainted with this thing you call ignorance.
    Yes, because all people that oppose a Communist movement are indeed Facist. Brilliant deduction from a buffoon!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    857

    Default Re: Johnston street

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    There is already a movement to remove the Mouton statute by Fred Prejean.

    http://www.katc.com/story/33262058/n...town-lafayette
    Moot--Statue stays unless entire property is sold OR city needs to put a road through.....

    "The city in 1980 wanted to move the monument from its present location in front of the former city hall to the new city hall. The Daughters of the Confederacy obtained a temporary injunction. The group and the city then obtained a permanent injunction from a judge that forever prohibits moving the statue unless the city sells the property or needs to move it for road construction.

    Roy said if the city attempts to move the statue in violation of that 1980 court order, any member of the council who votes to move it will be in contempt of court and subject to criminal penalty."

    http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/n...ourt/80454154/

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    382

    Default Re: Johnston street

    For anyone wanting a good laugh, I suggest you revisit mascot poll results for a certain "anti-mascot" mascot, too avant garde for my tastes, but now perhaps some of you will have been enlightened to appreciate wry humor at its finest.


  6. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    857

    Default Re: Johnston street

    Quote Originally Posted by Penrod View Post
    For anyone wanting a good laugh, I suggest you revisit mascot poll results for a certain "anti-mascot" mascot, too avant garde for my tastes, but now perhaps some of you will have been enlightened to appreciate wry humor at its finest.
    Your "poll" that was commissioned by George Soros??

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    Moot--Statue stays unless entire property is sold OR city needs to put a road through.....

    "The city in 1980 wanted to move the monument from its present location in front of the former city hall to the new city hall. The Daughters of the Confederacy obtained a temporary injunction. The group and the city then obtained a permanent injunction from a judge that forever prohibits moving the statue unless the city sells the property or needs to move it for road construction.

    Roy said if the city attempts to move the statue in violation of that 1980 court order, any member of the council who votes to move it will be in contempt of court and subject to criminal penalty."

    http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/n...ourt/80454154/
    Sell it for a dime, remove, buy land back for a nickel. The city would double their money.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yes, because all people that oppose a Communist movement are indeed Facist. Brilliant deduction from a buffoon!
    But the reverse is not true, opposing fascism does not one a communist make. If you're a fascist own it, embrace your brand, but know this - communism and fascism will both fail. I never thought I would live to see the day in this nation where people attempt to sanitize fascism.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rayne, Mire
    Posts
    917

    Default Re: Johnston street

    Quote Originally Posted by Penrod View Post
    General Mouton discriminated against Cajuns.
    He pushed out (or worse) many with a band of vigilantes.
    This statement, as also made by the previous push to remove the statue, shows a complete lack of knowledge of what was going on in the region at the time this allegedly happened.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,256
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Johnston street

    Quote Originally Posted by Penrod View Post
    But the reverse is not true, opposing fascism does not one a communist make. If you're a fascist own it, embrace your brand, but know this - communism and fascism will both fail. I never thought I would live to see the day in this nation where people attempt to sanitize fascism.
    Again, opposing both is not sanitizing Fascism. But nice attempt to spin your leftest rhetoric. Neither allow, or defend free speech. Therefore I would never support either ideology because I believe all speech is protected by the 1st Amendment. But violence is not, clearly both ideologies justify the use of violence as a political means. Anyone that attempts to justify silencing the speech of their opposition does not believe in the Bill of Rights!

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Penrod View Post
    I'ld be the last man standing if need be but I don't stand alone. Those who share your views and allegiance to a certain "political brand" have led to incalcuable detriment to our local community, Acadiana, our University, and nation. Your ways are thuggish. The ignorance you proffer will fail.
    First of all, you're a she*

    The rest of your post is too stupid to even respond to.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Penrod View Post
    His own words profess he is not anti-fascist. You are well aquainted with this thing you call ignorance.
    The left does not own the exclusivity rights to vigilante groups, you fking cuck. Vigilante groups built the foundation for the uprise to build this country. I know you hate the history of this country, but no matter how blind & dumb you are, you can't change historical facts.

    This statue thing isn't even the real issue. It's a precursor to something more. It's way passed time for the adults to stand up and whip the temper tantrum throwin' kiddies.

    Now take your ignorant azz to timeout.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,256
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Johnston street

    Quote Originally Posted by Penrod View Post
    But the reverse is not true, opposing fascism does not one a communist make. If you're a fascist own it, embrace your brand, but know this - communism and fascism will both fail. I never thought I would live to see the day in this nation where people attempt to sanitize fascism.
    Said those whose actions actually are Fascist in nature. Burn books, tear down statues, prohibit free speech and commit violence against fellow citizens.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    This statement, as also made by the previous push to remove the statue, shows a complete lack of knowledge of what was going on in the region at the time this allegedly happened.
    This dope doesn't know nor care about history. To these idiotic tards, the world began when they were born.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Said those whose actions actually are Fascist in nature. Burn books, tear down statues, prohibit free speech and commit violence against fellow citizens.
    Oh no T, they can't be fascists, you see. Theyre fighting "injustice" and "oppression", so they're exempt from that defeinition. 🙄

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,046

    Default Re: Johnston street

    I wish there was some other way of learning our history that didn't depend on statues. Oh well.


  17. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Again, opposing both is not sanitizing Fascism. But nice attempt to spin your leftest rhetoric. Neither allow, or defend free speech. Therefore I would never support either ideology because I believe all speech is protected by the 1st Amendment. But violence is not, clearly both ideologies justify the use of violence as a political means. Anyone that attempts to justify silencing the speech of their opposition does not believe in the Bill of Rights!
    So, for the record, you're anti-fascist?

  18. #38

    Default Re: Johnston street

    Quote Originally Posted by Penrod View Post
    I'ld be the last man standing if need be but I don't stand alone. Those who share your views and allegiance to a certain "political brand" have led to incalcuable detriment to our local community, Acadiana, our University, and nation. Your ways are thuggish. The ignorance you proffer will fail.
    O you are not alone. These statues need to be in museums to remind us that we should never own people again. They should not be glorified. We as southerners have no more to be proud of with that war than Penn State and the Joe Paterno statue. Come on guys. We fought to maintain our right to own people. We should be trying to erase that from our streets.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Oh no T, they can't be fascists, you see. Theyre fighting "injustice" and "oppression", so they're exempt from that defeinition. 🙄
    You're making a fool of yourself and you don't realize it. Your friends like you so they won't necessarily tell you. I disagree with you on most things of substance but not necessarilly on other stuff. I don't dislike you so I thought I'ld let you know.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,256
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Johnston street

    Quote Originally Posted by Penrod View Post
    So, for the record, you're anti-fascist?
    Yes, I oppose all ideology that is anti-Constitution. For the record, are you anti-Communist?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •