Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 116

Thread: Johnston street

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    122

    Default Johnston street

    Named after a confederate general. Time to extend Louisiana Avenue.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    438

    Default Re: Johnston street

    General Mouton as well


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,814

    Default Re: Johnston street

    Lee avenue.


  4. #4
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,762

    Default Re: Johnston street

    Time to stop this nonsense.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    4,974

    Default Re: Johnston street

    And Hitler Dr.

    I mean, the more I hear about the guy the less I like him.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lafayette,LA
    Posts
    3,900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by studentfan View Post
    General Mouton as well
    I am a direct lineage of General Mouton...I hope his name/statue stays around Lafayette.

  7. #7
    RaginScotsman's Avatar
    RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,244

    Default Re: Johnston street

    Just anex everything below the Mason Dixon line if it's so offensive. Wait....I feel like we've run into trouble with this before.


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    1,120

    Default Re: Johnston street

    Quote Originally Posted by LLcoolway View Post
    Named after a confederate general. Time to extend Louisiana Avenue.
    Let's get rid of Louisiana, it was a confederate state

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ventura, California
    Posts
    3,798

    Default Re: Johnston street

    Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    Let's get rid of Louisiana, it was a confederate state
    Sinking because of a horrible flagship

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,505

    Default Re: Johnston street

    Isn't there a group that covers their faces and destroys historical artifacts they find offensive? Oh wait, I'm guessing you're not referring to ISIS.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rayne, Mire
    Posts
    917

    Default Re: Johnston street

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I am a direct lineage of General Mouton...I hope his name/statue stays around Lafayette.
    Im a direct descendant of his Grandfather, I say if they remove our statue the least they can do is give us our land back. All of it.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    438

    Default Re: Johnston street

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I am a direct lineage of General Mouton...I hope his name/statue stays around Lafayette.
    I do not want it gone either...was just saying that they will probably target it as all this nonsense continues around the country.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    1,070

    Default Re: Johnston street

    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Im a direct descendant of his Grandfather, I say if they remove our statue the least they can do is give us our land back. All of it.
    Hello cousin. I agree!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,467

    Default Re: Johnston street

    Quote Originally Posted by studentfan View Post
    I do not want it gone either...was just saying that they will probably target it as all this nonsense continues around the country.
    And why do we put up with it? Antifa and BLM need to be recognized and confronted for the hate groups that they are.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    359

    Default Re: Johnston street

    Getting rid of the Mouton statute would be discrimination against all cajun people. They are just trying to push us cajuns out of our land once again.


  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    Getting rid of the Mouton statute would be discrimination against all cajun people. They are just trying to push us cajuns out of our land once again.
    General Mouton discriminated against Cajuns.
    He pushed out (or worse) many with a band of vigilantes.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    And why do we put up with it? Antifa and BLM need to be recognized and confronted for the hate groups that they are.
    So you're pro-fascist?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Penrod View Post
    So you're pro-fascist?
    Time for YOU to be pushed out by a band of RP vigilantes.. Back to BR you go

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Time for YOU to be pushed out by a band of RP vigilantes.. Back to BR you go
    I'ld be the last man standing if need be but I don't stand alone. Those who share your views and allegiance to a certain "political brand" have led to incalcuable detriment to our local community, Acadiana, our University, and nation. Your ways are thuggish. The ignorance you proffer will fail.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,264
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Johnston street

    Quote Originally Posted by Penrod View Post
    So you're pro-fascist?
    He may be Anti-Stalinist and Anti-Fascist. Is the far left so historically ignorant that they don't understand the ideology of both?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •