Thread: Cajuns Drop Match 3-1 At Lamar

1. Ragin' Cajuns Cajuns Drop Match 3-1 At Lamar

Freshman Grace_Champagne scores her first career goal, but the Cajuns drop tough one to Cardinals.

The rest of the story

LOUISIANA AC

Default Re: Cajuns Drop Match 3-1 At Lamar

Lamar was 2-14-3 last year with a 1-4 loss to us. Lots of work to do.

Looks like it is going to be a long season. 0-2 and out scored 8-1 with a draw to a SWAC team. Seems like when we finish new facilities for a sport, they don't perform well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    Looks like it is going to be a long season. 0-2 and out scored 8-1 with a draw to a SWAC team. Seems like when we finish new facilities for a sport, they don't perform well.
    Men's Cross Country did pretty darn well last Fall.

RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    Looks like it is going to be a long season. 0-2 and out scored 8-1 with a draw to a SWAC team.
    We play Ole Miss at home then basically play the Southland as the rest of our non-conference slate. If you have a losing record against the 6 Southland teams on the schedule, then it will definitely be a long season. I hope we do well, but soccer has underperformed for years. Hovering around .500 for 12 years ( & more often than not below it with a poor conference record), is the definition of going through the motions with a coaching staff.

Blog Entries

You could probably get this kind of performance from a self taught team.

How do you give up 8 goals in two games? This team must be outclassed at every level or the coach is telling them to create turnovers instead of playing sound D.

BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Flcajun View Post
    How do you give up 8 goals in two games? This team must be outclassed at every level or the coach is telling them to create turnovers instead of playing sound D.
    New gig for Melvin Smith?

Quote Originally Posted by Flcajun View Post
    Baylor was a mismatch and could has been much worse.

Lamar, no excuse.

BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Baylor was a mismatch and could has been much worse.

Lamar, no excuse.
    The Baylor shots on goal differential were ridiculous. I haven't seen the stats on Lamar yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    The Baylor shots on goal differential were ridiculous. I haven't seen the stats on Lamar yet.
    Go to the Lamar story link and the box score is there. We GAVE them one with an own goal.

Blog Entries

This headline is not a good sign.

http://www.panews.com/2017/08/21/car...or-first-time/

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Darn, hate to say it, nice research. Volleyball, soccer and golf under Title IX have become like the old Allied Tires commercial...something like, "ain't pretty, gotta have 'em". If my quote is off a bit, forgive me.

Am speaking of performance, not appearances.

Blog Entries

This is not acceptable and I hope our new AD feels the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Darn, hate to say it, nice research. Volleyball, soccer and golf under Title IX have become like the old Allied Tires commercial...something like, "ain't pretty, gotta have 'em". If my quote is off a bit, forgive me.

Am speaking of performance, not appearances.
    Golf seems to have some momentum with the new Oakbourne facility. I'm hoping the improvement to the soccer/track facility will be the shot in the arm for Doc M to put some pressure on soccer. There is a lot of local talent going elsewhere (like ltur) that could put some butts in the seats here. I'm also hoping having the LHSAA finals here the next couple of years will showcase the facility's newfound acctractivness.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Soccer Re: Cajuns Drop Match 3-1 At Lamar

When you say showcase the facility, remember those awful bleachers.

True, not great, but likely better than most we're competing with. I do like the South Al soccer specific venue, even if only from some photus and a description. Barbe HS has a soccer only facility and it is wonderful compared to a converted football field.

Quote Originally Posted by jcstewart View Post
    Golf seems to have some momentum with the new Oakbourne facility. I'm hoping the improvement to the soccer/track facility will be the shot in the arm for Doc M to put some pressure on soccer. There is a lot of local talent going elsewhere (like ltur) that could put some butts in the seats here. I'm also hoping having the LHSAA finals here the next couple of years will showcase the facility's newfound acctractivness.
    Local talent in soccer, much like state talent, in the larger scheme of things, is just that. Louisiana isn't a hotbed of national talent in soccer. Not even a floor mat at a daycare facility. It's not just a UL issue in Louisiana.

http://laprepsoccer.proboards.com./t...ollege-signees