Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: LA adds Justin Middleton to Football Roster

  1. Ragin' Cajuns LA adds Justin Middleton to Football Roster



    Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns football coach Mark Hudspeth announced on Friday the addition of junior college linebacker Justin Middleton to the 2017 roster.


    The rest of the story

    LOUISIANA AC


  2. #2
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,994

    Default Re: LA adds Justin Middleton to Football Roster

    What is the story on this guy? Nice JC stats? Did he qualify late? Perhaps he is a walk on and had to wait to register in school before he could practice.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    4,891
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: LA adds Justin Middleton to Football Roster

    Seems like its a "lets take a shot" kind of signing ...


  4. #4
    DaddyCajun's Avatar
    DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Da Cro
    Posts
    5,589

    Default Re: LA adds Justin Middleton to Football Roster

    Well he has JC game experience at least , and was not somewhere riding the pine! Nice size, hopefully quick and fits our system!


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,980

    Default Re: LA adds Justin Middleton to Football Roster

    Word is he was on his way to sign with North Texas. We got to him first.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    4,891
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: LA adds Justin Middleton to Football Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Word is he was on his way to sign with North Texas. We got to him first.
    I have never been a star rating kinda guy. Look at what it has gotten Lswho. We have had many diamonds in the rough. Lets hope he came here for THAT chance to play right away.

  7. #7
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,932

    Default Re: LA adds Justin Middleton to Football Roster

    Let's see, those stars has gotten LSU multiple NFL draft picks every year, and a top twenty final rating for almost every year for almost two decades, two opportunities to win a national championship. Our low stars model has gotten us two shared SBC titles, and a handful of NFL players. Yeah, our model is way superior.


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,125
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Let's see, those stars has gotten LSU multiple NFL draft picks every year, and a top twenty final rating for almost every year for almost two decades, two opportunities to win a national championship. Our low stars model has gotten us two shared SBC titles, and a handful of NFL players. Yeah, our model is way superior.
    Exactly what I was thinking.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,416

    Default Re: LA adds Justin Middleton to Football Roster

    17 of the 44 players on the 2 deep depth chart are JUCO/Transfer players.

    I would feel a lot more confident if that number was somewhere between 5-10 JUCO/Transfers

    That means HUD has been missing on a lot of signees in the recruiting process.

    I'm with CajunExpress....the stars are there for a reason and we need more of them.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,394

    Default Re: LA adds Justin Middleton to Football Roster

    Didn't realize we were in the same class as north Texas now. Not a very good sign at all


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    17 of the 44 players on the 2 deep depth chart are JUCO/Transfer players.

    I would feel a lot more confident if that number was somewhere between 5-10 JUCO/Transfers

    That means HUD has been missing on a lot of signees in the recruiting process.

    I'm with CajunExpress....the stars are there for a reason and we need more of them.
    Actually it means we're on NCAA sanctions and don't have the schollys to miss on players. That's why you see the influx of JUCOs.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Didn't realize we were in the same class as north Texas now. Not a very good sign at all
    Well they went to and won a bowl last year, so their new coach is doing something right. Also NT has a history of putting out good linebackers. Let's just hope the guy can play. We need contributors at LB this year very badly.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: LA adds Justin Middleton to Football Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Didn't realize we were in the same class as north Texas now. Not a very good sign at all
    Yes. Did you think we were ahead of them?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Didn't realize we were in the same class as north Texas now. Not a very good sign at all
    Lol same thing I was thinking, but maybe we are!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: LA adds Justin Middleton to Football Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragincajun07 View Post
    Lol same thing I was thinking, but maybe we are!
    We've pretty much always been. Hell, we compete for recruits with McNeese, Northwestern State and Nicholls. NT was a past conference mate who is in a better conference at this point. How would we be considered that much ahead of them?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    Posts
    2,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    I have never been a star rating kinda guy. Look at what it has gotten Lswho.
    You've got to be ____ting me.

  17. #17
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    We've pretty much always been. Hell, we compete for recruits with McNeese, Northwestern State and Nicholls. NT was a past conference mate who is in a better conference at this point. How would we be considered that much ahead of them?
    According to the NCAA results from last season and the associated pAyouts, the SBC was a better football league than CUSA. That difference was worth a positive 400 grAnd to us. I know they are a perceived better league. However in 2016 the facts show perception is not reality

  18. #18
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,932

    UL Football Re: LA adds Justin Middleton to Football Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    According to the NCAA results from last season and the associated pAyouts, the SBC was a better football league than CUSA. That difference was worth a positive 400 grAnd to us. I know they are a perceived better league. However in 2016 the facts show perception is not reality
    In marketing facts rarely outdoes sizzle. We'd, the SBC, would have to outperform CUSA significantly for a number of years to change that perception to the typical recruit. Did sending teams to the Acess Bowl change the view of the MAC.

    Everyone except MWC, AAC are viewd as midgets compared to P5. Are we happy to be taller than the next dwarf.

    Clearly it's far more important to outperform your peers than brag about your conference. Unfortunately to maintain your separation your conference is the rising, or sinking tide.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    According to the NCAA results from last season and the associated pAyouts, the SBC was a better football league than CUSA. That difference was worth a positive 400 grAnd to us. I know they are a perceived better league. However in 2016 the facts show perception is not reality
    Couple of years before that, cusa finished second and ahead of AAC. Things change year over year.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: LA adds Justin Middleton to Football Roster

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    According to the NCAA results from last season and the associated pAyouts, the SBC was a better football league than CUSA. That difference was worth a positive 400 grAnd to us. I know they are a perceived better league. However in 2016 the facts show perception is not reality
    Perception Mike. Perception.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •