Thread: Louisiana Plays Mississippi Valley State To A 1-1 Draw

1. Ragin' Cajuns Louisiana Plays Mississippi Valley State To A 1-1 Draw

Louisiana senior Haley Boroch tied the match in the 81st minute with a goal from 30 yards out.

The rest of the story

LOUISIANA AC

Default Re: Louisiana Plays Mississippi Valley State To A 1-1 Draw

Playing to a draw, exhibition or not, against a SWAC team is totally unacceptable.

Blog Entries

This worries me for the season.

Pas bon.

Quote Originally Posted by jcstewart View Post
    Pas bon.
    Soccer has been a bad program for years. Since 2010, they are 57-67-13 with a majority of their OOC games vs. SLC and SWAC teams.

Exhibition game. Probably trying a few different looks.

Quote Originally Posted by BBcajun View Post
    Exhibition game. Probably trying a few different looks.
    Even if they were trying different looks, the PLAYERS know the level of competition MVST brings. Mentally that score was brutal going forward.

Being the sport my kids excelled in, it's disheartening to see a program @10 years ago seemed to have promise going forward now to look like another Title IX piece of dead weight.

There's not enough wax in the world to make that fumble shine.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Soccer Re: Louisiana Plays Mississippi Valley State To A 1-1 Draw

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Playing to a draw, exhibition or not, against a SWAC team is totally unacceptable.
    Last year I started wanting to understand why our soccer, and volleyball programs are stuck on mediocre. I was pretty much told we've always been just fielding teams. I'm thinking we cannot afford better coaching, and other things that could move these programs forward.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Last year I started wanting to understand why our soccer, and volleyball programs are stuck on mediocre. I was pretty much told we've always been just fielding teams. I'm thinking we cannot afford better coaching, and other things that could move these programs forward.
    Like new locker room facilities and fields (which was just completed about a year ago) or just better coaches?

Mediocre isn't playing a SWAC team to a draw, regardless of circumstances.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Like new locker room facilities and fields (which was just completed about a year ago) or just better coaches?
    I have no idea how to improve a mediocre team, mediocre by SBC finish. I'm sure there's intangibles, and I'd like to see exactly how we stack up vs better SBC programs facility wise. Frankly I'm not impressed with the upgraded facility and the actual stadium is pretty bad.
    All that and top flight coaches takes money.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

South Alabama won the conference last year and I think the final RPI rankings in December of 2016 had them at #42 nationally. They've won conference the last three years and made the NCAA tournament last year losing at Auburn. Their facility if linked below.

http://usajaguars.com/sports/2010/8/...830103544.aspx

http://usajaguars.com/sports/2017/1/...acilities.aspx

We're in a shared facility. They have a stand along clubhouse, and field. Our shared side of the clubhouse absolutely seems to be smaller than their clubhouse. Our shared stadium though dumpy has a lot more if not better seating.

The rest goes to coaching. Some of these non revenue coaches need to be expected to start competing seriously for conference titles. They need to have the resources for that.

Blog Entries

Better isn't always found with money. Sometimes better can be found in different.

Sorry, but that's too deep for me. Unfortunately our soccer program isn't better, and that should become different.

Guys, FFS, football starts in less than 3 weeks. Can we wait until the offseason to shtt on the girls? JFC