Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 8/12 Scrimmage

Default 8/12 Scrimmage

Did anyone attend yesterday's scrimmage and is able to give us a little rundown?

Default Re: 8/12 Scrimmage

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post

Yes!!!!! Football Fever

Blog Entries

Looks like the HUD-special jump ball is still the go to down the field pass!

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Looks like Arceneaux threw the best ball in those highlights. I saw a couple jump balls and an interception that I couldn't tell which one threw it. Any reports from people that attended?

Frenchie35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post

All I get is the Media could not beplayed......

Sorry Yokel, planned on going but that storm ripped through our neighborhood and destroyed my yard Saturday. (Of course, freshly mowed and manicured that morning). I'll try to make practice this week and report something worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Awesome....

Wish we could move dion ray to another position

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Coach Hud's comments after the scrimmage made me cringe.

I think he better get the notion out of his head that he has Michael Vick or Cam Newton just about to burst through their redshirts.

Also, his obsession with turnovers seems to be going strong as ever.

Which is probably why the team has so many missed tackles and blown coverages. They're focused on forcing turnovers in order to win the turnover battle instead of simply tackling first and foremost. Turnovers are not something you should be trying to force, they should come as a natural byproduct of good, fundamental defense.
    When a coach starts stressing turnovers that should tell you one thing loud and clear, he doesn't believe in his players or his defense.

Quote Originally Posted by FeelDaRage View Post
    Which is probably why the team has so many missed tackles and blown coverages. They're focused on forcing turnovers in order to win the turnover battle instead of simply tackling first and foremost. Turnovers are not something you should be trying to force, they should come as a natural byproduct of good, fundamental defense.
    When a coach starts stressing turnovers that should tell you one thing loud and clear, he doesn't believe in his players or his defense.
    Didn't hear his comments but I was more under the impression it was an offensive issue. He is more concerned in limiting turnovers on offense than he is in creating them on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Didn't hear his comments but I was more under the impression it was an offensive issue. He is more concerned in limiting turnovers on offense than he is in creating them on defense.
    In other words, more of the same from last year.......

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    In other words, more of the same from last year.......
    I don't think so Mr. B. I think the offense will be the strength of this team in 2017.

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I don't think so Mr. B. I think the offense will be the strength of this team in 2017.
    I sure hope you're right. Groundhog Day just keeps rewinding in my head.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    That will help attendance if it is obvious from the GetGeaux.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    That will help attendance if it is obvious from the GetGeaux.
    Anything that helps attendance will be welcome this year with the schedule we have. Game 3 is on a Thursday, Game 4 is the Saturday before Thanksgiving and Game 5 is the Saturday after Thanksgiving. The SBC could not have provided a more unfriendly schedule. I have been told we have received assurances that we won't get stuck with the mid week game burden in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    He is right. They are concerned with ratcheting up the turnovers the defense forces this year. He mentioned that we were a pretty solid defense last year (which we were) but we just didn't give the offense any short fields to work with.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    He is right. They are concerned with ratcheting up the turnovers the defense forces this year. He mentioned that we were a pretty solid defense last year (which we were) but we just didn't give the offense any short fields to work with.
    And, I can guarantee you that we'll be sitting here towards the end of the year wondering why our defense took a step back this season.

Just play good defense Coach. If you want to worry about something, worry about your QB's becoming competent PASSERS.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    And, I can guarantee you that we'll be sitting here towards the end of the year wondering why our defense took a step back this season.

Just play good defense Coach. If you want to worry about something, worry about your QB's becoming competent PASSERS.
    Turnovers can be increased by focusing on one real component. Pressuring the QB. DL play can reduce their decision time forcing bad throws and can disrupt running lanes allowing us to strip the ball more. You don't have to work on all this other stuff that will likely lead to missed tackles and assignments. Get pressure on the QB. If you have to blitz, do it but get pressure on him.

Like you said, lets focus on getting our QB's to be more efficient as well. Got to make plays

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast