Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Taking Cuba by Hardcourt

1. UL Basketball 2017 Taking Cuba by Hardcourt

The last time UL's basketball team took an exhibition trip abroad, it went to Spain in 2013 and capped off that season going to the NCAA Tournament.

Compared to when current NBA players Elfrid Payton and Shawn Long both were on the roster back then, Ragin' Cajuns coach Bob Marlin hopes his club's travel this month will pay similar dividends.

2. UL Basketball Louisiana looks to Make the Most of its Historic Trip to Cuba

Louisiana, which will make its first foreign trip in men's basketball since a 10-day visit to Spain in 2013, will be the only NCAA men's basketball team to visit Cuba when it plays three games next week while visiting Havana, Mantazas and Varadero.

The rest of the story

LOUISIANA AC

Blog Entries

Default Re: Trip to Cuba about more than basketball for Cajuns

This trip should give the players a taste of what travel exhaustion will be like in November when they participate in the inaugural Caymen Classic

4. UL Basketball Men's Basketball: Ragin' Cajuns Men's Basketball Cuba Blog - Day 1

After an early flight, a tour of some of the historic sites of the city, and getting ourselves established in our hotel and internet issues/restrictions, the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns men's basketball has arrived for its six-day trip to Cuba.

The rest of the story

LOUISIANA AC

How does the team prepare for such an early series of games? Practice doesn't officially start until late September.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    How does the team prepare for such an early series of games? Practice doesn't officially start until late September.
    you are allowed to practice if you are taking one of these trips

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    They do individual workouts during the summer. But from what I've heard, this isn't exactly high quality competition we're playing. If we lose it will be because we didn't bribe the Cuban refs.

This trip is a good way to get some early practice in.

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    They do individual workouts during the summer. But from what I've heard, this isn't exactly high quality competition we're playing. If we lose it will be because we didn't bribe the Cuban refs.

This trip is a good way to get some early practice in.
    Staff believes the competition will be better than what they faced in Spain four years ago. They will play the Cuban National team and the Junior National Team. I have seen a few early pictures on Facebook from someone on the trip. It is like going back in time. Toilets without seats and 57 Chevy's seem to be common.

Default Re: 2017 Taking Cuba by Hardcourt

Cuba is a haven for old automobiles.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Cuba is a haven for old automobiles.
    ........I am trying to learn Spanish.....Sabado pregunta Coach Marlin Si Habla Espanol....no!!!

can we get bob out of the cargo shorts please....

Not sure if this is good or bad ... But we can only get better

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post

Not sure if this is good or bad ... But we can only get better
    Losing is never good in my book. However, I understand we faced an opponent with lots of size and experience. Facing an opponent with those traits likely will help them prepare for the season more than a squad that we would blow out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Losing is never good in my book. However, I understand we faced an opponent with lots of size and experience. Facing an opponent with those traits likely will help them prepare for the season more than a squad that we would blow out.
    Cuba is ranked 45 in FIBA and we only had 2 days of prep ..

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Cuba is ranked 45 in FIBA and we only had 2 days of prep ..
    I know we led most of the game. Wonder if lead was lost when we subbed. Coach said everyone on squad would play. We get another chance at them tomorrow. Will be interesting to see how we bounce back.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ........I am trying to learn Spanish.....Sabado pregunta Coach Marlin Si Habla Espanol....no!!!
    Try learning English first😄

Blog Entries

Staff believes the competition will be better than what they faced in Spain four years ago. They will play the Cuban National team and the Junior National Team. I have seen a few early pictures on Facebook from someone on the trip. It is like going back in time. Toilets without seats and 57 Chevy's seem to be common.
    Amazing and beautiful country with so much culture and very proud people. If I had my pick to visit any country in the Western Hemisphere I would go back to Cuba no question.

Blog Entries

Yes right now I would rather lose than blow someone out. I love these trips abroad, great experience for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    Yes right now I would rather lose than blow someone out. I love these trips abroad, great experience for the team.
    Anyone have any idea how today's game turned out?

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Basketball Re: 2017 Taking Cuba by Hardcourt

Perhaps we won, and Raoul is delaying and headlining it Cuba wins second, captilist pig Yankee team finished next to last.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast